UU Blissey

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

qc checks: TSR \ Hilomilo \ Eyan
gp checks: The Dutch Plumberjack \ A Cake Wearing A Hat

Colossal base HP, high base Special Defense, and only one weakness make Blissey the premier special wall in UU, and thanks to its access to various support moves such as Wish and Heal Bell, Blissey finds itself a staple on stall teams. Furthermore, Blissey's ability Natural Cure in combination with reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled makes it very hard to wear down. However, despite access to Seismic Toss and Toxic, Blissey is quite passive, and as a result, it is shut down by Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Gliscor. Blissey is also used as a setup fodder by Steel-types such as Scizor and Cobalion, which are immune to Toxic, and bulky Substitute users, such as Suicune. In addition, a poor Defense stat means that Blissey is vulnerable to the most physical attackers in the tier, such as Mega Sharpedo and Azumarill. Overall, although Blissey is a reliable staple on Stall teams, it finds itself hard to fit onto playstyles other than stall and balance, and as a result, it is mostly restricted to them.

[SET]
name: Defensive
move 1: Seismic Toss
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Soft-Boiled
move 4: Heal Bell / Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Seismic Toss is Blissey's main attacking move, which deals consistent damage to most foes. Toxic helps Blissey pressure setup sweepers, such as Mega Houndoom and Latias, which would otherwise take advantage of it. Toxic also lets it cripple physical attackers, such as Infernape and Mamoswine, that tend to switch into it. Soft-Boiled is Blissey's main form of recovery, letting it consistently check special attackers, such as Primarina and Hydreigon, and stall them out with Toxic. Heal Bell allows Blissey to heal status ailments from both itself and its teammates without switching out and should be used if the team already has a Stealth Rock setter. Stealth Rock lets Blissey punish opposing switch-ins. Because of Blissey's colossal HP stat, Wish can be used on the fourth moveslot to heal its teammates when it gets the opportunity to. Protect could be used together with Wish, but this combination can be ultimately suboptimal because not only takes it up two moveslots, it also is done better by Alomomola due to its access to Regenerator. Thunder Wave allows Blissey to punish common switch-ins, such as Cobalion and Gengar, that do not fear Toxic. However, this is only situationally useful.

Set Details
========
Maximum investment in HP and Defense, together with a Bold nature, maximizes Blissey's physical bulk, as its special bulk is naturally high enough to check most special attackers. Leftovers provides Blissey with passive recovery, which lets it switch into special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Primarina more easily. Natural Cure lets Blissey heal a potential status ailment upon switching out, making it harder to wear down.

Usage Tips
========
Switch Blissey into special attackers, such as Hydreigon and Nidoking. However, it is recommended to scout for mixed sets, such as Superpower on Hydreigon, Nidoking, and Volcanion, that hit Blissey for physical damage to overpower it. If using Heal Bell, heal up teammates affected by lethal status ailments when an opportunity is provided. If using Stealth Rock, it is best to send out Blissey early-game to set it up. Prevent Blissey from getting worn down so it can repeatedly switch into special attackers, such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Manectric. A way to do that is to remove entry hazards as often as possible and use Soft-Boiled frequently so Blissey is not 2HKOed by any of the special attackers' moves. Avoid staying in with Blissey on setup sweepers that beat it, such as Togekiss, Scizor, Gliscor, and Cobalion, so they don't get extra free turns, and on physical attackers, because they can potentially overpower Blissey. Do not stay in on Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Crobat, that shut down Blissey and beat it. Be wary of bulky Substitute users such as Suicune and Kyurem. Although Blissey can take hits from them, they reliably stall Blissey out of PP.

Team Options
========
Blissey is often found alongside Alomomola and Quagsire, as the three are staples on most stall teams. The former can comfortably switch into physical attackers that beat Blissey, such as Scizor and Infernape, and the latter can handle most physical setup sweepers that take advantage of Blissey's passivity, such as Cobalion and Azumarill. Spinners and Defoggers, such as Tentacruel and Togekiss, can remove entry hazards for Blissey, which helps it not be worn down when switching in. Fighting-type checks, such as Doublade, Tentacruel, and Moltres, beat the likes of Terrakion, Breloom, and Heracross. Spikes setters, such as Klefki and Chesnaught, help punish Fighting-types that tend to switch into Blissey, such as Cobalion and Terrakion. Certain special setup sweepers, such as Chandelure and Togekiss, are capable of beating Blissey. Hence, Pokemon that beat those make great partners. Mega Aerodactyl and Alolan Muk are great examples.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Blissey's wide range of coverage moves, such as Fire Blast and Ice Beam, allows it to lure certain Pokemon that may switch into it, such as Scizor and Gliscor, and hit them hard. However, Seismic Toss is more consistent and is generally better in most matchups.

A set consisting of Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Soft-Boiled helps Blissey against opposing special setup sweepers and also serves as a sweeper. However, because of Blissey's atrocious Defense and below average Special Attack, a sweep is very hard to pull off. Normalium Z in conjunction with Heal Bell makes Blissey immune to Trick, reduces damage taken from Knock Off, and allows Blissey to have a one-time method of completely healing itself up, if necessary. However, the loss of passive recovery from Leftovers lets special attackers, such as Mega Manectric and Mega Sceptile, wear it down more easily. Counter, in conjunction with Chople Berry, can be used to surprise Fighting-types that usually beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have room for Counter on its moveset and usually prefers the passive recovery Leftovers provides. Skill Swap helps Blissey beat some of its checks, such as Suicune and Kyurem, that may try to stall it out of PP with Pressure. It also eases its matchup against certain setup sweepers, such as Togekiss, Reuniclus, Gliscor, and Serperior, that rely on their ability to beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have the place on its moveset for that.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Fighting-types**: Common Fighting-types, such as Infernape, Breloom, and Kommo-o, beat Blissey with little effort. Furthermore, Fighting-types with access to setup moves, such as Cobalion and Heracross, take advantage of Blissey, and Breloom can cripple a teammate with Spore on the switch.

**Toxic-immune Pokemon**: Steel-types, such as Scizor and Lucario, not only are immune to Toxic but also use Blissey as a setup fodder. Furthermore, status absorbers such as Reuniclus and Togekiss take advantage of Blissey to set up Calm Mind and Nasty Plot, respectively. Substitute and Lum Berry users, such as Haxorus and Kyurem, can either set up on Blissey or stall it out of PP.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Mega Sharpedo and Entei overpower Blissey quite easily, without even needing to use coverage.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gliscor and Krookodile, prevent Blissey from healing itself up. Furthermore, Krookodile can start launching its powerful STAB moves after Blissey has been shut down.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit trappers that force Blissey out, such as Alolan Muk and Krookodile, can threaten it. This way, Blissey can find it harder to reliably switch into strong special attackers that it normally beats, such as Primarina and Volcanion.

Last edited:
oi

Overview looks fine, maybe could use just a little more coherent phrasing but covers all the bases well imo.

[SET]

Heal Bell should probably be slashed before Stealth Rock, since if you can you definitely wanna run rocks on like Steelix/Gliscor/Aggron and helps with role compression etc.

Moves

Mostly just the Toxic line, I think you can explain this better. Explain how Toxic helps it beat stuff like non-Subseed Serperior and CM Latias which would set up all over it otherwise. Also wouldn't mention Protect with Wish since Blissey should always be running Soft-boiled and Toxic, and Wish is only an option for when you wanna send big chunks of HP to its teammates when it gets an opportunity and you obviously don't need Protect to do so. Might also be worth it to slash Wish as the third move in the fourth moveslot. Don't change it just yet, but I'll discuss with other QCers and then someone else who checks this can tell you to implement it or not.

Set Details

When explaining the EVs, say something along the lines of "max HP and max Defense EVs maximize Blissey's physical bulk, as its special bulk is naturally high enough to check most special threats". Also, mostly just a nitpick but Natural Cure cures Blissey upon switching out, so change that real quick as well.

Usage Tips

"Keep Blissey at a high amount of HP so it can repetitively switch into what it is supposed to counter." When saying this, say "Prevent Blissey from getting worn down so it can repetitively switch into.." and then proceed to give some examples like Primarina and Mega Manectric. Maybe mention Gliscor and Cobalion in the list of the setup sweepers that beat it too, as they're both pretty relevant right now.

Team Options

Overall good but could use some better wording in a lot of places imo. Doesn't have to be in my exact words but I think we could afford to make it sound a bit more simple and coherent to say, a brand new player reading the analysis.

"Stall staples, such as Alomomola and Quagsire, make for great partners". I'd rather say this like "Blissey is often found alongside Alomomola and Quagsire, as the three are staples on most stall teams". Good otherwise.

"Hazard removers, such as Tentacruel and Togekiss, can remove entry hazards for Blissey, and by that let it switch into what it is supposed to counter easier". Would probably be easier to say "Hazard removers, such as Tentacruel and Togekiss, can remove entry hazards for Blissey, which helps it not be worn down when switching in".

For the Fighting-resistant partners, I'd add a mention of Doublade since Amoonguss and Altaria can be pretty shaky vs Cobalion, Terrakion, and Bewear. Acro Gliscor and Moltres are probably good to mention here too since they beat Heracross. I wouldn't mention Mienshao here since it's pretty much outclassed by Infernape thanks to Scizor being super oppressive to any frail mon that doesn't resist Bullet Punch. Maybe take out Amoonguss altogether since it's not particularly good at actually winning 1v1 vs any of the relevant fighters, and then replace Mienshao with mentions of Heracross, Cobalion, etc.

"Pokemon that beat Special set up sweepers that are capable of beating Blissey, such as Chandelure and Togekiss make for great partners. Mega Aerodactyl and Alolan Muk are great examples for those". I think it's a good idea to switch up the order of the ideas you're presenting here. The first time I read this it came off as Togekiss and Chandelure were the good partners. I'd switch this up to first mention SubCM Chandy and Togekiss as special sweepers that beat Blissey, then provide Muk and Aero as ways around them.

Other Options

I've been trying out Skill Swap on Blissey a bit and I'm pretty sure it deserves a mention here somewhere. It bypasses Substitute so it's great at screwing with Serperior, as well as Vincune and SubRoost Kyurem. Also takes away Serene Grace from Togekiss, which makes it much harder for it to easily flinch down everything (though mostly Quagsire and Blissey). Also takes away Poison Heal from Gliscor and Magic Guard from Reuniclus; definitely a worthwhile option.

Checks and Counters

Just mention some specific examples of Fighting-types in the first sentence, stuff like Infernape and Kommo-o will work just fine.

For the second section I'd probably change it to be titled "Toxic-immune Pokemon" since its Blissey's main tool for wearing offensive stuff down. I'd also change the part mentioning Togekiss to just say "Heal Bell Togekiss" since other bellers like Sylveon and Florges won't beat it just because they have Heal Bell.

--
Nice job, QC 1/3

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
* 'Despite access to Seismic Toss and Toxic, Blissey is quite passive, and as a result, is shut down by Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Gliscor, and is used as a setup fodder by Steel-types, such as Scizor and Cobalion, who are immune to Toxic, and bulky Substitute users, such as Suicune.' - this sentence is a little unnecessarily long and doesn't flow too well as a result. I'd consider finding a way to separate the information you have here into multiple sentences just so it doesn't sound so run-on.
* I'd say that Blissey struggles to fit on much else other than stall and balance, so make sure to modify your last line to reflect this since I'd argue Blissey is more restricted to two specific team archetypes than just one.
* When talking about Blissey's drawbacks I'd make sure to mention that some of the more common specially offensive stallbreakers in the tier, like Nasty Plot Infernape and Nasty Plot Lucario, can easily break past it through the use of their Z-Moves.

Set/Moves
* I wouldn't say that Toxic lets Blissey beat setup sweepers as much as it lets it put them on a timer/cripple them, so consider changing the wording there. Also try finding a better example than non-Substitute Serperior, since it very frequently runs Substitute.
* Specify that with Heal Bell Blissey heals itself and its team of status conditions.
* Put Heal Bell before Stealth Rock in the moves section since it's slashed first on the set.
* Mention Protect when you talk about Wish, and also elaborate as to why this combination of moves can be ultimately suboptimal (main reason being that it takes two slots and is less reliably done by Blissey than by stuff like Alomomola)
* Mention Thunder Wave here. Say that it can cripple some of Blissey's offensive switch-ins, like Gengar and Cobalion, but is also situationally useful and less consistent than the attacks listed on the set.

Set Details
* Make sure you mention the Bold nature somewhere in here, preferably just in the first line.
* Remove the mention of a Calm nature. Unless Calm with 4 SpDef EVs does something significant I don't really see the use in bringing it up.

Usage Tips
* Change up your Heal Bell line. Right now it's focused on how to move the use when really you should elaborate as to when to use the move. In that case, talk about using it when teammates are statused and when the opportunity to use the move is provided.
* 'Upon switching in on Special attackers, it is recommended to scout for mixed sets, such as Superpower on Hydreigon, Nidoking, and Volcanion, that hit Blissey on its physical side to overpower it.' - this line should be put below your first line, just makes more sense to mention this immediately after talking about switching into special attackers.
* Elaborate as to how you prevent Blissey from getting worn down (definitely mention being wary of coming in with entry hazards on its side of the field).
* Replace your Primarina example with something else, you sort of use Prima as an example too frequently throughout this analysis.
* 'Although Blissey can take some physical hits if it needs to,' - remove this part of the sentence, it really isn't entirely true.

Team Options
* Replace your 'Gliscor carrying Acrobatics' example, I personally don't think Gliscor runs Acrobatics enough for that to be a very sufficient example.
* Replace one of your Cobalion or Terrakion examples in this section with Breloom, just so you have a wider variety of examples.

Other Options
* Talk about the downsides of using the Calm Mind set. Do this same thing for Normalium Z and Skill Swap.

Checks and Counters
* Consider specifically mentioning Breloom in the Fighting-type section. Say that in addition to forcing Blissey out, it can cripple one of Blissey's teammates on stall with Spore as it forces the switch.
* Fix up the wording a bit in the Toxic-immune Pokemon section. You make it sound like Togekiss has Magic Guard which I'm sure wasn't intended.
* I don't really think Psyshock is necessary to mention here, I'd consider removing it.
* Try adding some more substance to the Taunt users line. You can do this by talking about what your listed examples can do to Blissey upon hitting it with Taunt (Gliscor can begin setup if it's running Swords Dance and Krookodile can fire off its powerful STAB attacks).

Make sure all of this is implemented, as it's kind of a lot. Nice work, QC 2/3

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]
Colossal base HP, high base Special Defense, (AC) and only one weakness make Blissey the premier special tank in UU, (comma) and thanks to its access to various support moves (RC) such as Wish and Heal Bell, Blissey finds itself a staple on stall teams. Furthermore, Blissey's ability (RC) Natural Cure (RC) in combination with reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled make makes it very hard to wear down Blissey. However, despite access to Seismic Toss and Toxic, Blissey is quite passive, and as a result, it is shut down by Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Gliscor. Blissey is also used as a setup fodder by Steel-types (RC) such as Scizor and Cobalion, who which are immune to Toxic, and bulky Substitute users, such as Suicune. In addition, a poor Defense stat means that Blissey is vulnerable to the most of physical attackers in the tier, such as Mega Sharpedo and Azumarill. Overall, although Blissey is a reliable staple on Stall teams, it finds itself hard to fit into onto other playstyles than stall and balance, and as a result, it is mostly restricted to them.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Seismic Toss is Blissey's main attacking move, which deals consistent damage to most foes. Toxic helps Blissey pressure setup sweepers, such as Mega Houndoom and Latias, which would otherwise set up on take advantage of (repetition + implied) it. It also lets it cripple physical attackers, such as Infernape and Mamoswine, that tend to switch into it. Soft-Boiled is Blissey's main form of recovery, (AC) which lets letting it consistently check special attackers, such as Primarina and Hydreigon, and stall out Toxic turns. (stall them down with Toxic?) Heal Bell allows Blissey to heal a status aliment a way to heal ailment on both itself and its teammates without switching out and should be used if the team already has a Stealth Rock setter. Stealth Rock lets Blissey punish opposing switch-ins. Because of Blissey's colossal HP stat, (RH) Wish can be used (over which move?) to heal its teammates when it gets the opportunity to. Protect could be used together with Wish, but this combination can be ultimately suboptimal because not only takes it takes up two moveslots, it is also is done better by Alomomola (RC) which has due to its access to Regenerator. Thunder Wave allows Blissey to punish common switch-ins, such as Cobalion and Gengar, who that do not fear Toxic. However, this is only situationally useful and less consistent.

Set Details
========
Maximum investment in HP (RH) and Defense-stats, together with a Bold nature, maximizes Blissey's physical bulk, as its high special bulk is naturally high enough to check most special attackers. Leftovers provides Blissey with passive recovery, which lets it switch into special attackers (RC) such as Mega Manectric and Primarina easier more easily. Natural Cure lets Blissey heal a potential status ailment upon switch-out switching out, making it harder to wear down.

Usage Tips
========
Switch Blissey into special attackers, such as Hydreigon and Nidoking. Upon switching in on Special attackers However, it is recommended to scout for mixed sets, such as Superpower on Hydreigon, Nidoking, and Volcanion, that hit Blissey on its physical side for physical damage to overpower it. If using Heal Bell, heal up teammates affected by lethal status ailments when an opportunity is provided. If using Stealth Rock, it is best to send out Blissey early-game (AH) to set it up. Prevent Blissey from getting worn down (RC) so it can repetitively repeatedly switch into special attackers, such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Manectric. A way to do that is to remove entry hazards as frequently often as possible and use Soft-Boiled frequently so Blissey is not 2HKOed by any of the special attackers' moves. Avoid staying in with Blissey on set up setup sweepers that beat it, such as Togekiss, Scizor, Gliscor, and Cobalion, so they don't get extra free turns, (comma) Avoid staying in with Blissey and on physical attackers, (AC) because they can potentially overpower Blissey. Do not stay in on Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Crobat, that shut down Blissey and beat it. Be wary of bulky Substitute users, such as Suicune and Kyurem. Although Blissey can take hits from them, they reliably stall Blissey out of PP.

Team Options
========
Blissey is often found alongside Alomomola and Quagsire, as the three are staples on most stall teams. The former can comfortably switch into physical attackers that beat Blissey, such as Scizor and Infernape, and the latter can handle most physical set up setup sweepers that take advantage of Blissey's passivity, such as Cobalion and Azumarill. Hazard removers Spinners and Defoggers, such as Tentacruel and Togekiss, can remove entry hazards for Blissey, which helps it not be worn down when switching in. Fighting-type resists checks, such as Doublade, Tentacruel, and Moltres, beat Fighting-types that beat Blissey, such as the likes of Terrakion, Breloom, and Heracross respectively. Spikes setters, such as Klefki and Chesnaught, help punish Fighting-types that tend to switch into Blissey, such as Cobalion and Terrakion. Certain special set up setup sweepers, such as Chandelure and Togekiss, are capable of beating Blissey. Hence, Pokemon who that beat those make great partners. Mega Aerodactyl and Alolan Muk are great examples for those.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Blissey's wide range of coverage moves, such as Fire Blast and Ice Beam, allows it to lure certain Pokemon that may switch into it, such as Scizor and Gliscor, (AC) and hit them with options like Fire Blast and Ice Beam, respectively hard. However, Seismic Toss is more consistent and is generally better against in most match ups matchups.

A set consisting of Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Soft-Boiled helps Blissey against opposing special set up setup sweepers and also serves as a win condition sweeper. However, because of Blissey's atrocious Defense and below average Special Attack, a sweep is very hard to pull off. Normalium Z (RC) in conjunction with Heal Bell (RC) makes Blissey immune to Trick, take less reduces damage taken from Knock Off, and allows it Blissey to have a one-time method of completely healing itself up, if necessary. However, the loss of passive recovery from Leftovers lets special attackers, such as Mega Manectric and Mega Sceptile, wear it down easier more easily. Counter, in conjunction with Chople Berry, can be used to surprise Fighting-types that usually beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have room for Counter in on its moveset (RC) and usually prefers the passive recovery Leftovers provides. Skill Swap helps Blissey beat some of its checks, such as Suicune and Kyurem, that may try to stall Blissey it out of PP (RC) thanks to with Pressure. It also eases its matchup against certain setup sweepers, such as Togekiss, Reuniclus, Gliscor, and Serperior, that rely on their ability to beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have the place in on its moveslot moveset for that.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Fighting-types**: Common Fighting-types, such as Infernape, Breloom, and Kommo-o, beat Blissey with little effort. Furthermore, Fighting-types with access to set up setup moves, such as Cobalion and Heracross, (AC) take advantage of Blissey by setting up on it, and Breloom can cripple a teammate with Spore on the switch-in.

**Toxic-immune Pokemon**: Steel-types, such as Scizor and Lucario, not only are immune to Toxic but also use Blissey as a setup fodder. Furthermore, status absorbers, such as Reuniclus, and Togekiss, take advantage of Blissey (RC) to set up Calm Mind and Nasty Plot, (AC) respectively. Substitute and Lum Berry users, such as Kyurem and Haxorus, (AC) take advantage of Blissey, to can either set up on it Blissey and or stall it out of PP.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Mega Sharpedo and Entei overpower Blissey quite easily, without even needing to use coverage moves.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gliscor and Krookodile, prevent Blissey from healing itself up. Furthermore, Krookodile can start launching its powerful STAB moves after Blissey has been shut down.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit trappers that force Blissey out, such as Alolan Muk and Krookodile, can threaten it with Pursuit. This way, Blissey can find it harder to reliably switch into strong special attackers that it normally beats, such as Primarina and Volcanion.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Add remove (RC=remove comma) comments
[OVERVIEW]
Colossal base HP, high base Special Defense, and only one weakness make Blissey the premier special tank wall (content change but Blissey is definitely passive enough to be a wall; feel free to not implement this change if you disagree) in UU, and thanks to its access to various support moves such as Wish and Heal Bell, Blissey finds itself a staple on stall teams. Furthermore, Blissey's ability Natural Cure in combination with reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled makes it very hard to wear down. However, despite access to Seismic Toss and Toxic, Blissey is quite passive, and as a result, it is shut down by Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Gliscor. Blissey is also used as a setup fodder by Steel-types such as Scizor and Cobalion, which are immune to Toxic, and bulky Substitute users, such as Suicune. In addition, a poor Defense stat means that Blissey is vulnerable to the most physical attackers in the tier, such as Mega Sharpedo and Azumarill. Overall, although Blissey is a reliable staple on Stall teams, it finds itself hard to fit onto other playstyles other than stall and balance, and as a result, it is mostly restricted to them.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Seismic Toss is Blissey's main attacking move, which deals consistent damage to most foes. Toxic helps Blissey pressure setup sweepers, such as Mega Houndoom and Latias, which would otherwise take advantage of it. It Toxic also lets it cripple physical attackers, such as Infernape and Mamoswine, that tend to switch into it. Soft-Boiled is Blissey's main form of recovery, letting it consistently check special attackers, such as Primarina and Hydreigon, and stall them out with Toxic. Heal Bell allows Blissey to heal a status ailment on status ailments from both itself and its teammates without switching out and should be used if the team already has a Stealth Rock setter. Stealth Rock lets Blissey punish opposing switch-ins. Because of Blissey's colossal HP stat, Wish can be used on the fourth moveslot to heal its teammates when it gets the opportunity to. Protect could be used together with Wish, but this combination can be ultimately suboptimal because not only takes it up two moveslots, it also is done better by Alomomola due to its access to Regenerator. Thunder Wave allows Blissey to punish common switch-ins, such as Cobalion and Gengar, that do not fear Toxic. However, this is only situationally useful.

Set Details
========
Maximum investment in HP and Defense, together with a Bold nature, maximizes Blissey's physical bulk, as its special bulk is naturally high enough to check most special attackers. Leftovers provides Blissey with passive recovery, which lets it switch into special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Primarina more easily. Natural Cure lets Blissey heal a potential status ailment upon switching out, making it harder to wear down.

Usage Tips
========
Switch Blissey into special attackers, such as Hydreigon and Nidoking. However, it is recommended to scout for mixed sets, such as Superpower on Hydreigon, Nidoking, and Volcanion, that hit Blissey for physical damage to overpower it. If using Heal Bell, heal up teammates affected by lethal status ailments when an opportunity is provided. If using Stealth Rock, it is best to send out Blissey early-game to set it up. Prevent Blissey from getting worn down so it can repeatedly switch into special attackers, such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Manectric. A way to do that is to remove entry hazards as often as possible and use Soft-Boiled frequently so Blissey is not 2HKOed by any of the special attackers' moves. Avoid staying in with Blissey on setup sweepers that beat it, such as Togekiss, Scizor, Gliscor, and Cobalion, so they don't get extra free turns, and on physical attackers, because they can potentially overpower Blissey. Do not stay in on Taunt users, such as Krookodile and Crobat, that shut down Blissey and beat it. Be wary of bulky Substitute users, (RC) such as Suicune and Kyurem. Although Blissey can take hits from them, they reliably stall Blissey out of PP.

Team Options
========
Blissey is often found alongside Alomomola and Quagsire, as the three are staples on most stall teams. The former can comfortably switch into physical attackers that beat Blissey, such as Scizor and Infernape, and the latter can handle most physical setup sweepers that take advantage of Blissey's passivity, such as Cobalion and Azumarill. Spinners and Defoggers, such as Tentacruel and Togekiss, can remove entry hazards for Blissey, which helps it not be worn down when switching in. Fighting-type checks, such as Doublade, Tentacruel, and Moltres, beat the likes of Terrakion, Breloom, and Heracross. Spikes setters, such as Klefki and Chesnaught, help punish Fighting-types that tend to switch into Blissey, such as Cobalion and Terrakion. Certain special setup sweepers, such as Chandelure and Togekiss, are capable of beating Blissey. Hence, Pokemon that beat those make great partners. Mega Aerodactyl and Alolan Muk are great examples.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Blissey's wide range of coverage moves, such as Fire Blast and Ice Beam, allows it to lure certain Pokemon that may switch into it, such as Scizor and Gliscor, and hit them hard. However, Seismic Toss is more consistent and is generally better in most matchups.

A set consisting of Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Soft-Boiled helps Blissey against opposing special setup sweepers and also serves as a sweeper. However, because of Blissey's atrocious Defense and below average Special Attack, a sweep is very hard to pull off. Normalium Z in conjunction with Heal Bell makes Blissey immune to Trick, reduces damage taken from Knock Off, and allows Blissey to have a one-time method of completely healing itself up, if necessary. However, the loss of passive recovery from Leftovers lets special attackers, such as Mega Manectric and Mega Sceptile, wear it down more easily. Counter, in conjunction with Chople Berry, can be used to surprise Fighting-types that usually beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have room for Counter on its moveset and usually prefers the passive recovery Leftovers provides. Skill Swap helps Blissey beat some of its checks, such as Suicune and Kyurem, that may try to stall it out of PP with Pressure. It also eases its matchup against certain setup sweepers, such as Togekiss, Reuniclus, Gliscor, and Serperior, that rely on their ability to beat Blissey. However, Blissey does not always have the place on its moveset for that.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Fighting-types**: Common Fighting-types, such as Infernape, Breloom, and Kommo-o, beat Blissey with little effort. Furthermore, Fighting-types with access to setup moves, such as Cobalion and Heracross, take advantage of Blissey, and Breloom can cripple a teammate with Spore on the switch.

**Toxic-immune Pokemon**: Steel-types, such as Scizor and Lucario, not only are immune to Toxic but also use Blissey as a setup fodder. Furthermore, status absorbers, (RC) such as Reuniclus, (RC) and Togekiss, (RC) take advantage of Blissey to set up Calm Mind and Nasty Plot, respectively. Substitute and Lum Berry users, such as Haxorus and Kyurem and Haxorus, can either set up on Blissey or stall it out of PP.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Mega Sharpedo and Entei overpower Blissey quite easily, without even needing to use coverage.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit trappers that force Blissey out, such as Alolan Muk and Krookodile, can threaten it. This way, Blissey can find it harder to reliably switch into strong special attackers that it normally beats, such as Primarina and Volcanion.
ina and Volcanion.

2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)