RU Bewear

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
:bewear:

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Bewear breaks itself onto the RU scene! It can take advantage of many common Pokemon like Registeel, Steelix, and Golisopod due to its typing, high Attack, and ability. Thanks to Fluffy, Bewear is not susceptible to typical revenge killers, as it can easily live hits from faster physical attackers like Obstagoon, Crobat, and Cobalion. Double-Edge is Bewear's primary STAB move, hitting foes like Crobat and Flygon hard. Drain Punch helps with the longevity issues caused by Double-Edge recoil, letting Bewear stay in the game for longer. Darkest Lariat hits Reuniclus and Celebi without taking immense recoil, it also lets Bewear hit Ghost-types, which otherwise wall it. With Silk Scarf and Swords Dance, Bewear can OHKO even defensive Galarian Weezing after Stealth Rock and Reuniclus with Double-Edge. Special Attackers like Togekiss, Gardevoir, and Celebi are massive threats to Bewear, so pairing it with Steel-types like Registeel, Metagross, and Bronzong helps. Bewear pairs excellently with U-turn users like Noivern and Crobat that can provide it with free switches against Rock- and Steel-types like Registeel and Rhyperior.

Last edited:
Tag me when implemented, so I can take another look or if you've any questions
add
remove
comment
highlight

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Bewear is one of the strongest wallbreakers in RU.(Tone this down it's like B on the VR, perhaps "a strong wallbreaker" instead.) It can easily take advantage of many common defensive(Golisopod isn't that much of a defensive Pokemon.) Pokemon like Registeel, Steelix, and Golisopod easily for wallbreaking opportunities. with its strong STAB options in Double-Edge and Drain Punch.(Yeah it can do this, but, what's the big thing that makes Bewear so unique? Fluffy, a lot of physical attackers struggle to revenge kill bewear, it can just eat hits from stuff like Obstagoon, Crobat, and Cobalion.) Darkest Lariat is a coverage option that hits Reuniclus and Celebi without taking immense recoil.(Move this after Swords Dance, it's after Swords Dance on the set. Also what's arguably more important about Darkest Lariat, is that it hits Ghost-types, which Bewear would otherwise be walled by, so mention that and mention it first too.) Though with Silk Scarf, Double-Edge is able to net the OHKO on Reuniclus after a Swords Dance. At +2, Bewear will often be able to claim a kill because even physically defensive Galarian-Weezing falls to it after Stealth Rock.(Seems a bit clunkily worded, how about "With Silk Scarf and Swords Dance Bewear can OHKO even Physically Defensive Galarian Weezing after Stealth Rock and Reuniclus".) However, the single biggest issue Bewear has is that it's very slow and foes like Cobalion, Togekiss and Crobat easily scare it out. Special Attackers are also a massive threat to Bewear because of its not-so great Special bulk.(Crobat and Cobalion aren't super good revenge killers thanks to Fluffy. You can just make mention that special attacks like x, x, x are problem and some teammates to help answer those.) Bulky offenses with VoltTurn support are easily the most efficient way to use Bewear as with the help of Pokemon like Xurkitree and Crobat, Bewear can get in for free on the GroundRock- and Steel-type walls that are forced in like Gastrodon Registeel and Rhyperior.(I think just cut the whole volt part and add Noivern as an example. U-turn users alone are great with Bewear, Electric-types aren't extremely prominent currently, and saying it's the "most efficent way" doesn't feel accurate because of that. Also your examples just didn't make much sense, you can't volt on Ground-types. Bewear also faces competition from Heracross as a Fighting-type wallbreaker on most teams, which limits its use.(This is a spotlight just focus on why Bewear is so cool.)

.This kinda reads like an analysis, though, I'd imagine GP could be more helpful in that regard than me. I also noticed this is also quite a bit below the word limit, we could expand on this. Just want one last look I want after this.

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Bewear is a strong wallbreaker in RU. It can take advantage of many common Pokemon like Registeel, Steelix, and Golisopod for wallbreaking opportunities. With its ability Fluffy, it Bewear is not susceptible to some Pokemon that could typically revenge kill slow wallbreakers, as it can easily live hits from faster Physical attackers like Obstagoon, Crobat and Cobalion. can live hits from Physical attackers like Obstagoon, Crobat and Cobalion, denying them a chance to revenge kill.(Sorry to change this much, but, I feel it's more accurate.) With Silk Scarf and Swords Dance Bewear can OHKO even Physically Defensive Galarian Weezing after Stealth Rock and Reuniclus with Double Edge.(Could be genuine ambiguity given Darkest lariat.) Darkest Lariat is a coverage option that hits Reuniclus and Celebi without taking immense recoil, it also lets Bewear hit Ghost-types which it is otherwise walled by.(As I said earlier swap the points here.) Special Attackers like Volcanion, Nidoqueen and Tornadus Togekiss, Gardevoir, and Celebi are massive threats to Bewear so pairing it with Pokemon like Gastrodon Steel-types like Registeel, Metagross, and Bronzong helps.(Chances are there won't be a very extensive list for RU's strongest special attackers and Gastrodon is typically physically defensive, not a good Nidoqueen or Togekiss check.) Pairing Bewear pairs excellently with fast(I don't think being fast is too important?) U-turn users like Noivern and Crobat that can provide free switchins against let it get in for free on the Rock- and Steel-type walls that are forced in like Registeel and Rhyperior.

(Now to expand on this you could explain Double Edge and Drain Punch a bit, I know they're simple and might not really be explained much in an analysis, but, this is a spotlight. Drain Punch helps supplement lack of longevity and dedge is dummy strong.)

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete
green = comments

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Bewear breaks itself onto the RU scene! It can take advantage of many common Pokemon like Registeel, Steelix, and Golisopod for wallbreaking opportunities due to its typing, high Attack, and ability (wallbreaking opportunities sounds kinda nondescript, i think this is better). With its ability Thanks to Fluffy, Bewear is not susceptible to some Pokemon that could typically revenge kill slow wallbreakers typical revenge killers, as it can easily live hits from faster Physical physical attackers like Obstagoon, Crobat, (add comma) and Cobalion. Double-Edge is Bewear's primary STAB move, (add comma) letting it hit hitting foes like Crobat and Flygon hard. Drain Punch helps with the longevity issues and caused by Double-Edge recoil, letting Bewear stay in the game for longer. Darkest Lariat is a coverage option that hits Reuniclus and Celebi without taking immense recoil; (comma->semicolon) it also lets Bewear hit Ghost-types, (add comma) which it is otherwise walled by wall it. With Silk Scarf and Swords Dance, (add comma) Bewear can OHKO even Physically Defensive defensive Galarian Weezing after Stealth Rock and Reuniclus with Double-Edge. Special Attackers like Togekiss, Gardevoir, (add comma) and Celebi are massive threats to Bewear, (add comma) so pairing it with Steel-types like Registeel, Metagross, (add comma) and Bronzong helps. Bewear pairs excellently with U-turn users like Noivern and Crobat that can provide it with free switches against Rock- and Steel-types like Registeel and Rhyperior.

1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)