Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

i would just like to say i am psyched for this game.

ASB will be the third game (for the main consoles, Xbox360, Playstation3 and PC) in the Assassin's Creed series, focusing on the same protagonists as the previous game, Ezio and Desmond. This game will focus on the second part of Ezio's life, starting right after the events in ACII, and it opens up what happens to Desmond a bit more. This will also be the first AC game, for the main consoles and not shitty iPhone game, to have multiplayer.

background info on all the games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Series

info on acb:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Brotherhood

There is currently a PS3 demo for Wanted going on, pricks.

Release Dates:
America:
XBox360; PS3: Nov. 16
PC: Feb. 22

Europe:
XBox360; PS3: Nov. 19
PC: Mar. 26

Japan:
XBox360; PS3: Dec. 9
PC: Apparently not?????

Australia:
XBox360; PS3: Nov. 18
PC: TBA 2011

These are from GameSpot and may or may not be wrong. There are several videos on YouTube if you want to check those out. Also say so if you preordered it like me :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really wouldn't recommend picking up Ubisoft games at launch unless you desperately need to play it on Day 1. They are always about half price within a month. Brotherhood for example will be $39.99 on Black Friday.

3 things that bug me:

1) I'm a little peeved about this game because instead of being a spinoff, it's going to be essential to the plot of Assassin's Creed. A spinoff is fine because one can skip it and play straight to the next game in the series without missing a beat in the plot, but it turns out that Desmond and crew play a major role in the game and the plot will develop to the point that this game will be necessary for Assassin's Creed 3. This normally wouldn't bug me because I love the story and more content is always on, but Assassin's Creed is supposed to be a Trilogy and this is a cop out story-wise.

2) They're releasing a Collector's Edition which means I have to buy it ofc. I was going to wait until the price dropped until this mess.

3) I now have to wait 2 years for Assassin's Creed 3 -.-

Multiplayer doesn't look that promising tbh, and I was largely disappointed that it turned out to have no co-op.

I really wouldn't recommend picking up Ubisoft games at launch unless you desperately need to play it on Day 1. They are always about half price within a month. Brotherhood for example will be $39.99 on Black Friday.
hindsight is 20/20 ;_;

and @veedrock: i can't really say anything about the second point, but for the first point you can always check wikipedia or something for the story; and for the third point, didn't ubisoft say that they planned to go activision and release a game every year, so unless they release another 'spin-off', it will come out next year. i'm probably misunderstanding your third point because you probably mean assassin's creed game to play, but w.e. I find the multiplayer looking cool, since its p. different than most; but for 360/pc players, only time will tell.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I picked up the Assassin's Creed II Collector's Edition for $30 on Christmas Eve last year... I picked up Assassin's Creed I Collector's Edition for $15 earlier this year. Why do you need to buy the CE right away? Ubisoft isn't going to make this very limited.

Checking Wikipedia for the story doesn't take away the fact that the story is essential. I don't have a problem with there being a game or playing it.

It was announced that Assassin's Creed 3 wouldn't be released in 2011; they realized they were "going Activision" and intentionally pushed the date back. But while looking for the source I stumbled upon this, which speculates that there could be a change in plans. I doubt it, but I can't say for certain.

@Firestorm: I've been very unlucky in regards to skipping Collector's Editions at launch and it's cost me more than I'd like to admit; though on reflection I've saved on some as well, so I guess it's balanced out in the long run. I personally don't mind buying launch day, it's just that I planned on holding off until I read about the CE (I'm a sucker for CEs, it's just how I am). This is a personal problem of mine, but it doesn't change the fact that it's one more thing that bugs me :( I suppose it doesn't hurt that I really enjoy this series. If I can find it cheap closer to Holidays, I'll definitely pick up an extra copy or two and resell it to make up the difference.

I'm really surprised they developed this game so quickly without losing any quality.
In fact, this is probably the best Assassin's Creed game so far.
I'm not too surprised about a new AC game in 2011 though, it probably took the team 2 years in between AC/ACII to fix the engine for better efficiency. Bravo to Ubisoft.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
anyone else really turned off by the gratuitous swagger they all seem to have?

i know the flashiness of the assassins is something integral to the series, but in 1 and 2 it mostly just came out as the arrogance of the protagonists. this just seems like overload

watching parts of the trailer where the brotherhood are shown walking together makes me cringe

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Not to mention the Tinie Tempah backing music on the UK advert, amirite Az?

Played Assassin's Creed 2 and thought it was terrible so probably won't be getting this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)