VGC As Hard as Rock - Terrakion VGC Team

Hey! Evelyn here. Well, I'm not used to posting around here, but I wanted some feedback on this team I plan to use in something special so I want it to be as good as possible.

The Team:

1621253291200.png

Terrakion @ White Herb
Ability: Justified
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Helping Hand
- Protect

So, first of all: Why Terrakion? Because it's fun. I don't want a boring but good team, I want to find a good and fun one, and I found that on Terrakion. Let me go through the set. I am between White Herb or Lum Berry. I tested both items, and both work exceptionally well. White Herb allows me to OHKO Landorus-T with a +4 Rockfall, passing through that Intimidate. What worse about White Herb is the fact it activates with Close Combat, but except that, works really fine.

1621253585822.png

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Beat Up

Okay. Offensive Dragapult is absurd, insane, awesome and quite possibly, nuts. Offensive Dragapult can go for Helping Hand-boosted attacks into Rillaboom, both Urshifu formes, Kartana and other Pokémon that threatens Terrakion. It also can go for Wyrmwind into Regigigas to lower its attack stat and improve my matchup. I tried both offensive and support Dragapult, but one thing that offensive Dragapult gave me was a strong 50/50 that could win me games when both :dragapult: and :terrakion: are on field, making the opponent think on what I will Dynamax.

After getting this core up, I was thinking on what to add next. I added sun, but sun and TerraPult had an awful matchup against Landorus-T. My Spectrier + Clefairy matchup was quite bad, so both were things I wanted to have answers

1621254059609.png

Kartana @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Aerial Ace

1621254091912.png

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

1621254131393.png

Incineroar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 60 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

I am gonna talk about these 3 as a whole. The KIT core helped me in so many matchups. Incineroar was such a huge addition. It improved my Landorus and Garchomp matchups with Intimidate, it helped me against Trick Room teams, also against Clefairy + Spectrier. About the set, I just randomly scrolled its EV's to test. I chose Shuca Berry as the item so it could help me more against Landorus-T, Garchomp, Venusaur and Regigigas. Tapu Fini was also a good add, it solved my Landorus-T / Garchomp matchup for good. It also helped me alot against both Urshifu. About Fini's set, I think Calm Mind is good but I did enjoy Choice Specs as well. I ran max speed and max SpA for testing purposes only, I don't know a Tapu Fini spread. Please help on that. Kartana's pick was just to go alongside the KIT core, to be honest. I think Grass Types are important in the team but it is a slot that probably can be changed. Kartana did solve my lacking´-offense problems well, but to be honest I did not bring it as much to my games as I wanted to.

1621254568562.png

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room

My last member. When I was looking for the last mon, I was probably going to add a glue mon. Porygon2 helped me against Trick Room teams well and allowed me to play more slowly. But I think this Pokémon can also be replaced for another glue mon such as Urshifu-Single or Regieleki. About the set, Ice Beam for well... Landorus-T and Garchomp. I was really worried about these 2 while building.

What I think of replacing:

:urshifu: - I tested the Sun Variation of TerraPult and I loved the Urshifu pick. It is a great glue mon that could probably go into P2
:regieleki: - Another glue mon that can work, probably into the P2 slot as well.

Aaand that's it! Thanks for reading, much love!

hello Evelyei Terrapult go brrr
:ss/Terrakion:
The Terrakion ditto looks a little ugly for the first team especially if they are using Whimsicott.
:ss/Hatterene:
The matchup vs Hatterene looks poor. if they get Trick Room up they can very easily sweep your team. your options to stop Trick Room involve leading Porygon2 which can very easily go wrong as its prediction reliant.
252+ SpA Life Orb Hatterene Helping Hand Max Mindstorm vs. 248 HP / 20 SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Psychic Terrain: 218-257 (114.1 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/Kingdra:
Pair Kingdra with really any Electric-type or Grass-type to threaten Tapu Fini and can it can really trouble your team as its faster than and can OHKO the majority of this team even porygon2 can go down to a LO modest rain boosted Max Geyser. With options like Dynamax Porygon2 and the positioning restriction of getting rain up with Kingdra and the Tapu fini check it is't an auto loss by any means. Kingdra can easily 2hko Dynamaxed Kartana if you were thinking about that as your check.
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Helping Hand Max Geyser vs. 248 HP / 20 SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Rain: 212-251 (110.9 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/Regieleki:
With Clefairy Regieleki can easily 2hko your whole team and OHKO Porygon 2
252+ SpA Life Orb Transistor Regieleki Helping Hand Max Lightning vs. 248 HP / 20 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 218-257 (114.1 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Option 1
:ss/Celesteela: :ss/amoonguss:
Celesteela>Porygon2 This pokemon improves your Garchomp Matchup while capable of checking Landorus-T, Hatterene and Glastrier. With Celesteela on the team you can very easily fit Amoonguss or Rillaboom instead of Kartana. Rillaboom would be more helpful to the Terrakion ditto. The main issue with Celesteela is adding it makes you weaker to Regieleki which is why Amoonguss could be a good partner.

:ss/Landorus-therian: :ss/Garchomp:
Also Tapu Fini could be Garchomp or Landorus-T with a Lum Berry. which may allow you to use different redirection instead of Amoonguss probably Togekiss as your rain weak. The Redirection user could hold Safety Goggles. Adding either one of these Grounds helps you in the Terrapult ditto and VS Regieleki. i lean more towards Landorus-T as its intimidate and Flying STAB is helpful vs Terrakions grass weak threats.

This option i feel would be less necessary Tapu Fini looks strong on the team.
EDIT sorry i had to edit this post notably as i hit shift and something and it replyed i should be done with my edits

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)