move 3: Earthquake
move 4: U-turn
ability: Defeatist
item: No item
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
nature: Jolly

Moves
========
  • Acrobatics is the strongest and most powerful move on this set.
  • Stone Edge can OHKO or 2HKO most Pokemon and is a great coverage move with Earthquake.
  • U-turn allows Archeops to get out of an unfavorable matchup because of its blistering Speed and turn the tides by providing momentum.
  • Earthquake and Stone Edge give Archeops perfect coverage. Earthquake can deal with Steel-types that resist both Stone Edge and Acrobatics

Set Details
========
  • The EVs and nature are standard. Can switch into SR 4 times at best.
  • Adamant can be used to give more power.
  • No item because of Acrobatics

Usage Tips
========
  • Only bring in Archeops when there are no hazards; otherwise, it's worn down rather quickly.
  • Wall breaking is the name of the game with Archeops, so use it it against walls that are troubling you.
  • Try to keep it healthy by Wish passing and keeping hazards away as much as possible.
  • Once Archeops is below 50%, use it as a late-game cleaner.

Acrobird
########
name: Acrobird
move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Stone Edge
move 4: U-turn
ability: Defeatist
item: No item
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Moves
========
  • Acrobatics is the strongest and most powerful move on this set.
  • Stone Edge can OHKO or 2HKO most Pokemon and is a great coverage move with Earthquake.
  • U-turn allows Archeops to get out of an unfavorable matchup because of its blistering Speed and turn the tides by providing momentum.
  • Earthquake and Stone Edge give Archeops perfect coverage. Earthquake can deal with Steel-types that resist both Stone Edge and Acrobatics

Set Details
========
  • The EVs and nature are standard. Can switch into SR 4 times at best.
  • Adamant can be used to give more power.
  • No item because of Acrobatics

Usage Tips
========
  • Only bring in Archeops when there are no hazards; otherwise, it's worn down rather quickly.
  • Wall breaking is the name of the game with Archeops, so use it it against walls that are troubling you.
  • Try to keep it healthy by Wish passing and keeping hazards away as much as possible.
  • Once Archeops is below 50%, use it as a late-game cleaner.

Team Options
========
  • Entry Hazards setters and Defog / Rapid Spin users are pretty much the best kind of support Archeops can get.

Other Options
########
  • Special attacks
  • Expert Belt
  • Taunt
  • Adamant

Checks & Counters
########
  • Priority
  • Strong STABs
  • Pretty much any attack that puts it in Defeatist range

Last edited:
Just me here to nitpick early, but make sure the 4 HP EVs aren't in HP or else Archeops will only be able to live 4 Stealth Rock switches instead of 5. (4 HP EVs also means Defeatist will activate sooner x_x)

Also iirc you don't have to mention the ability if it's there only possible ability :]

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think Forry deserves a special mention in the Team Options section since it not only sets / removes hazards, but it's slow a Volt Switch can be used to get it in for free with Forry taking hit for Archeops.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a fair bit of experience with Archeops, and Acrobird, as you call it, is, while still deserving of a set, worse than this set:

Physical Attacker
########
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Roost / U-turn
item: Life Orb / Hard Stone / Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

It doesn't take a genius to work out the purpose of all of the moves, and I'm sure that someone with as much battle experience as you, minus, can work it all out. I will, however, elaborate on Roost, Hard Stone and Choice Band. Roost is useful to keep you out of Defeatist range on the many switches Archeops forces and keep the offensive pressure going, and Hard Stone is useful if you don't want to deal with the recoil from Life Orb, at the cost of power of Archeops' other moves. Choice Band is there for a similar purpose to Hard Stone, although, instead of losing power on Archeops' coverage moves, makes them even more powerful, but at the cost of only being able to use one without switching. When mentioning CB, make sure to state that U-turn must be used. Aerial Ace and Acrobatics can go in moves.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Life Orb is an absolute no on any Archeops. It can't exactly Roost on anything really unless it is forcing a switch since the new crowded Speed tier is base 115 and every UU wall can either burn it, or hit it for over 50% anyways, making it useless
UU Walls:
  • Mew: Burns Archeops
  • Slowbro: 4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Archeops: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Florges: 0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Archeops: 160-189 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Hippowdon: 0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Archeops: 338-398 (116.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (landed because of Roost)
  • Forretress: 0 Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (115 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 320-378 (109.9 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and a whole myriad more that I need not mention

The only one it can Roost on is Blissey really which isn't enough

It still hits absurdly hard when outside of Defeatist range even without a boost and with the Speed benchmark being set so high, why not run a Scarf set I can see some merit to it since its speed tier is good but not quite good enough and it attack is pretty nasty. Please let a QC member look over this before you implement any of it.

Scarfburd
########
name: Scarfburd
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Knock Off
move 4: U-Turn
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant

The Banded set from last gen (-Crunch +Knock Off) is also a contender for a set (use gamerboys because it is basically it)

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
Yay! This beast used to be my favourite Pokemon when i first started playing Pokemon (yes, black was my first Pokemon game, don't judge). I think scarf and acrobird are the best sets here. Do any of you think sitrus berry is worth a mention? It can create a burst of vitality and can quickly get you out of the dangerous 50%> zone, and boosts acrobatics power after use.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
uhh EdgeQuake isn't perfect coverage, it misses Chesnaught, Virizion and Levitate Bronzong, though the former 2 are quad-weak to Acrobatics.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think scarf and acrobird are the best sets here.
I wouldn't agree that it is one of its best sets. If anything, I feel that it should go a the bottom of all the sets as it really misses having a boosting item.
Do any of you think sitrus berry is worth a mention? It can create a burst of vitality and can quickly get you out of the dangerous 50%> zone, and boosts acrobatics power after use.
Its a little iffy, and bottom-end OO at best. The fact is that, by the time Archeops gets into the Sitrus range, it will usually be at <25%, which means that Sitrus won't get you out of Defeatist range. I think that a Liechi and Salac Berries could also be bottom-end OO material for their ability to negate Defeatist somewhat, but you're better off just roosting up if you reach that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)