AG Anything Goes Winter Seasonal - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ae8cd0e4cd6cdadf0c34683fffd07d99.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This is the second tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Losers Bracket

Dark swordman vs. Mq
Anish vs. hyperbeem
Singiamtel vs. Racool
Chloe
vs. Aaronboyer
Xynix vs. Th3victinii
Luckyboy123 vs. zugubu royale
(Quantum Tesseract vs Game Moderator) vs. Poison Adhesive
Squawkerz vs. Zesty43
MMagma vs. ScarfWynaut
Loloartsi vs. bdov
Willdbeast
vs. DoW
Yolocat 10. vs. Alpha Rabbit
highlighter vs. BaconEatinAssassin
eren
vs. partys over
MiyoKa vs. DurzaOffTopic
Mysterious M
vs. Isotonex

Highlight Matches:
there aren't any this week, just letting u guys know I'll be keeping them up

Deadline: January 16th
Extension Deadline: January 12th

Last edited:

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
More shit predictions by me, now with comments!
Dark swordman vs. Mq - I'm not sure if either are good but i think i recognise mq
Anish vs. hyperbeem - anyones guess
Singiamtel vs. Racool - racool is pretty good
Bye 2 (formerly Chloe) vs. Aaronboyer - Chloe was so powerful that this bye will make aaronboyer drop out
Xynix vs. Th3victinii - BP overlord
Luckyboy123 vs. zugubu royale - Pretty good player should take it
(Quantum Tesseract vs Game Moderator) vs. Poison Adhesive - Qt takes g1 but im not that sure about series 2
Squawkerz vs. Zesty43 - Zesty is very good
MMagma vs. ScarfWynaut - Hes solid overall
Loloartsi vs. bdov - may bring arc electric, may win with it aswell.
Willdbeast vs. DoW - Hes my favourite he will do well
Yolocat 10. vs. Alpha Rabbit - I'd be in this tour if i prepped for rabbit r1 but hes ok either way
highlighter vs. BaconEatinAssassin - Prestigious roomvoiced user should take this
eren vs. partys over - SFB ban battle - Eren has a few more rounds in him
MiyoKa vs. DurzaOffTopic - Durza is good, and if he doesn't get justice for my hax i'll be sad
Mysterious M vs. Isotonex - we know who'd win if he didn't just drop out

Dark swordman vs. Mq - Dark swordsman is good but MQ might be able to pull something off
Anish vs. hyperbeem - Idk who these people are
Singiamtel vs. Racool - Racool EZ
Bye 2 (formerly Chloe) vs. Aaronboyer - With an RKO out of nowhere
Xynix vs. Th3victinii - if opp preps for BP she will lose but her opp prolly won't
Luckyboy123 vs. zugubu royale - zugubu is pretty good
(Quantum Tesseract vs Game Moderator) vs. Poison Adhesive - i'll make this my upset pick

MMagma vs. ScarfWynaut - SW is good
Loloartsi vs. bdov - bdov is becoming more powerful after the win over megazard
Willdbeast vs. DoW - DoW EZ
Yolocat 10. vs. Alpha Rabbit - don't know these players either
highlighter vs. BaconEatinAssassin - fellow voice, name says it all
eren vs. partys over - best player in losers now that fardin dropped
MiyoKa vs. DurzaOffTopic - gonna ride the waves to victory
Mysterious M vs. Isotonex - As a consolation Isotonex is going to win open

Last edited:

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Contacted, best of luck!
(first paycard now zugubu royale, my luck really ran out fast this tournament)

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Won gg,

lol, no.

Lost 2-0 to dark swordman.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since you've already seen my post, how about i tell you some crazy fact?
The national animal of Scotland is Unicorn, yup

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
My goal for this tournament was to make it past Round 5. Seeing a bye this round made me overly confident about reaching said goal and I definitely let my guard down. This series played quite fast and was quite difficult (what more would you expect out of a RO) but I think game 1 especially proved that I have at least learned something from this experience. I want to thank the AG staff for assisting me throughout the last several weeks, but especially cromagnet42, 21pichus, Pigeons (Congrats on RO btw), and of course Megazard who suggested I try playing in this tournament in the first place. GGs Chloe; it was a fun series....

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-687522208
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-687528680

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)