SM OU AMAZINGLY GOOD TEAM (PEAKED 1829 #104) Z CELEBRATE VICTINI VEIL

this is my first RMT, this team is p good on the ladder and thought i'd get peoples thoughts on it
Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 17.39.04.png
< proof of peak (although these dont really mean anything cos its not hard to click inspect element and change it)

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt

despite not being in the title of this thread, this was the mon i started building the team around. its a very threatening mon that can set up on a lot of shit due to decent typing before and after mega evolving and is massively bulky, helped with intimidate. not much to say about this set really, taunt is there to beat pex and is good in a few other scenarios. doesn't sweep that often from experience but breaks teams down nicely

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry

the obvious choice to aid mega gyarados in setting up is the nastiness itself, alolan ninetails. this set is really self explanatory and everyone knows what alolan tails does by now

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

probably my favourite mon on the team and one of the best sweepers. i wanted something to deal with tang/mega venu and fairy types that annoy mega gyara, and since this turned into a veil team i decided on z celebrate vic. this mon is insanely good if it hits focus blasts, as basically nothing outside of latias likes to take hits from it. dont need to mention how the dugtrio ban benefitted vic hugely. even without veil up it sets up on tons of stuff due to the bulk from the z move, and can easily clean through teams if rocks are up. +1 defense/spdef means lots of scarfers struggle to revenge kill it and with veil up it lives shit like ash gren water shuriken. very good mon in the current meta

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Explosion

one of the best sash lead rockers. guaranteed rocks vs almost all mons (barring mega sab driller and azelf), and boom is great for things like opposing landos, and zapdos/skarm to prevent the defog. +2 boom hits absurdly hard, even on resisted hits like steela and skarm although u have to be careful with protect steela. rocks are important for gyara and vic so a reliable rocker like sash boom lando was needed. also deals with mega diancie which bitchslaps this team otherwise, since 95% of the time people dont expect sash and just attack/rock

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere/Thunderbolt

next i threw on mag since its one of the best sweepers and a staple on veil and offers a good check to lele, since vic doesnt like chip damage. since the z move is already used up by victini, cm is the best set with veil as it can set up on a variety of mons and only really needs 2 attacks. flash cannon is good stab and hits lele hard, aura sphere is nice for tran and ferro but pex can be a bitch otherwise so tbolt is nice too, depending on what u struggle with more.

Zygarde @ Figy Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Protect

lastly, i just threw on another threatening sweeper cos zygarde is amazing with veil and can sorta check koko which eats this teams ass otherwise currently. enough speed for adamant lando, adamant is nice to break stuff down as zygarde is p weak otherwise, toxic/protect wears down a few of its checks such as tang, lando and bulu so they can be picked off with arrows. helps with gyara to break ferro, normally one is used to damage the ferro so the other can sweep late game.

can't be bothered to go into detail about threats but they are as follows:

Mega diancie- if landos sash is broken, veil isn't up and mag is below 75% then this just wins, your only hope is to outplay it with gyarados (if unmega'd) by DDancing up on the moonblast predicting your mega

Tapu koko- if veil isn't up and zygarde is weakened then again, this just wins

Keldeo- very hard for this team to beat, gyara gets walled and nothing else resists water. probably another reason to run tbolt on mag

theres probably other things im forgetting that someone will point out for me lol

pastebin- https://pastebin.com/sSLkd5kU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)