Gen 4 Advice wanted on DPP OU team

Here's my first DPP ou team. Would love some if anyone could weigh in and help tweak it!

I'm using a fast life orb pert for the lead. This is a modified Band set, I went with 3 attacks and rocks. I seem to get a lot of mileage out of attacking right out the gates but rocks are always there too. This set lets me outspeed some T-tars and hits everything pretty hard. Ice punch for the dragons, but I'd be willing to change that. I usually suicide lead but if you choose to save it, pert switches in with its natural bulk and can do work with its speed.

Sciz used to be a gross but this seems to fit better. Normal banded sciz stuff, I went with pursuit over quick attack for gengar and starm but I seem to get the most out of bullet punch and u-turn. I like being able to OHKO bliss with superpower too. If I remember correctly bullet punch can OHKO most gengars after rocks.

I wanted a physical wall so def zap was my call here. I'm wondering if I should switch uturn for drill peck, this team feels weak to breloom and machamp. Overheat for steels and stuff, nothing too special here, this pokemon eats sciz for breakfast. Not sure if toxic might be better, either.

3 attacks starm for spinner. I just wanted some coverage too, just makes sense. I wondering if I should use psychic instead of bolt for loom and champ since I already have jolt and zap. I don't feel like I want recover but open to suggestions. I definitly prefer surf for consistancy over hydro pump for accuracy.

Scarf Jolteon really does work on this team. Scarf let's me outspeed I think any flygon and pretty much OHKO with HP ice and outspeed gyarados and dragonite after 1 DD. Tox is just there for any ground switch ins. This pokemon honestly ends up on the late game cleanup crew most games. Does not like heatran.

Snorlax 4 attacks special wall to sponge pretty much any hit and hit back. I didn't wanna run bliss lol. Getting wisped by rotom sucks for sure but boom still does a lot of damage after that so all in all I like this set a lot. I prefer 4 attacks to curse or rest talk personally so I can keep the pressure on. Earthquake is great for heatran. Selfdestruct does half to scarm if you feel frisky.

Any advice appreciated !

Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Jolteon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)