Ackkerman's Art Thread

Hello everyone, in this thread i'll post all pokemon fan art that i made. This summer I started to learn how to draw and paint digitally with a tablet (Its so difficult to addapt lol), so basically there will be only digital art here. I'm still learning so critiques will be appreciated to improve.

The order of the pictures are from the older ones (up on the thread) to the newer ones (down), so I (and you) can see the improvement curve.

Pre-tablet, lineart of talonflame made with a mouse using the pen tool for a contest back in the day, this was a nightmare

Flygon, first tablet paint

Genesect shiny, porygon2 and mightyena

Tyranitar, my favorite paint so far

Cynthia and Garchomp, trying to paint a trainer for the first time

As you can see, I try to avoid doing lineart because its incredibly hard for me at the moment lol.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh neat I remember this one.

You're clearly no beginner, actually kind of surprised how good your Cynthia came out. Overall, I feel that you're being too generous with the visual effects, like the light coming off Garchomp's face seeming unnatural and the fire on that last Boku piece being so thick that you barely can see his body below it, it's just not doing you any favors if the visual effects become too dominant instead of serving as a supportive role. Your understanding of body anatomy seems sound, just remember to check for proportion and perspective errors to avoid the common "uncanny valley" syndrome, particularly with humans.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for your time and your words Bummer! it means a lot to me.

Yes, you're right now that i see it better. When i was painting i was like crazy adding fire, firstly I tried to focus my painting in the face and the hand, but the final result came to be too much saturated for my taste. Another thing is that I need to control the values better and improve my compositions (I'll analize other artists to improve this). Currently I'm trying to improve the fundamentals reading Andrew Loomis (perspective and anatomy), and doing real life studies to improve the lighting. I hope that the next piece I'll bring has better quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)