2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

When you have Belotti, El Sharaway and Insigne but uses Immobile instead.

And some feels for De Rossi who when asked to warm up, tries to argue that Insigne should come on instead.

Yeah it just doesn't make sense. I agree Belotti, El Shaarawy and Insigne up front looks much more dangerous and you can just pack the rest of the 3-4-3 behind them with solid defensive players. It would be both more defensive and more creative than Gabbiadini, Parolo and Darmian lol. Doesn't make sense.

And some feels for De Rossi who when asked to warm up, tries to argue that Insigne should come on instead.
I love De Rossi. If it weren't for Totti, I feel like he'd have a lot more love from fans. At least now he can focus on getting Roma a Scudetto.

I'm a bit biased as a Roma fan, but I honestly think Ventura overlooked Pellegrini. Probably shouldn't have gotten the start, but eventually he might've been useful as a sub. Time for Italy to revamp their entire youth system.

I'm a bit biased as a Roma fan, but I honestly think Ventura overlooked Pellegrini. Probably shouldn't have gotten the start, but eventually he might've been useful as a sub. Time for Italy to revamp their entire youth system.
Let's start with the obvious question - why was Ventura chosen to begin with? I've looked at his career as a manager and he was very low-key.

Let's start with the obvious question - why was Ventura chosen to begin with? I've looked at his career as a manager and he was very low-key.
Been asking that question since the day he was hired. I'm guessing there was literally no one else who was interested. Conte led the most underwhelming Italian squad to the quarter finals of the Euro, manhandling Spain in the process. That's not easy to match. Personally I would've wanted Spalletti but I guess he wasn't interested in taking over a national team, even less so now that Inter is back in contention for a title.

In a home match, needing score goals to win the match and qualify for the World Cup, you are the coach who puts three centre backs and leaves in the bank for all the game perhaps your best player. Who is to blame for the Italian elimination?

I don't need to say anything more. Especially if it's a coach which never, I said NEVER EVER had more over 50% win percentage in your career.

Arrivederci, Ventura. You are full of crap.

And geez, watch out Manchester City. They are real deal in this season.

In a home match, needing score goals to win the match and qualify for the World Cup, you are the coach who puts three centre backs and leaves in the bank for all the game perhaps your best player. Who is to blame for the Italian elimination?

I don't need to say anything more. Especially if it's a coach which never, I said NEVER EVER had more over 50% win percentage in your career.

Don't forget the absolute embarrassment by Spain when he played 4-4-2 vs them. Just over one year after Conte led perhaps the worst Italian squad in years to a 2-0 victory over the same Spanish squad.

EDIT:

Also this guy needs to step down too.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND HE'S GONE

Last edited:

Not only the coach is pretty bad, but the whole Azzurra Squad is quite bad. There aren't any names that stand out, people put a lot of hope upon El Sharaway, but honestly, he isn't anything extraordinary. It's a good player, but that's it. Being eliminated was fair.

City will probably take the Premier League this season, but will get nowhere at Champions League. PSG and Real are the ones to look after. Neymar is a monster, and is probably one of the best players in the world ATM.

And now I'm more concerned with the finals of the Libertadores. Lanus was a surprise, but Grêmio is playing exceptionally well, besides having players that are really out of the box, like Geromel, Grohe and Luan.

The only choice I see for Italy is Ancelotti. Not that I'm a big fan of him, but he seems to be the most realistic choice out of the Italian managers available, and we know Italy isn't looking at foreign managers.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Wenger thinks Wilshere is an offensive player, to my untrained eyes he looks like he should be an offensive player, but why do the last two England managers Southgate and Hodgeson and now big mouth Paul Merson insist he is a holding mid? Wilshere hates passing it long, loves to dribble past his man and can't tackle to save his life. I can't think of a player less suited to being a holding mid...
In the past it was understandable because England didnt have good holding midfielders. That doesnt apply to the current situation so it is puzzling honestly, so it probably just means that Paul Merson is an idiot.

I hate that we gave up Salah for less than half his worth.

Also, classy of him to not celebrate because of the terrorism in Egypt.

Sucks for him, I don't think he's bad, Milan just might not be the fit for him. I could see him succeed at a mid-table/smaller club with developing players.

Spurs are getting off the rails with Alli and Erikssen a shadow of themselves. If they don't turn it around fast (such as winning a trophy), I can see a mass exodus of players.

Yeah, I mean, no way Spurs holds onto them for long. But maybe they believe in the system and process so much that they won't bail just yet. Surely plenty of top clubs would want a piece of that roster though.

Plus, they 're paying their players way below the market rate. Kane has already expressed interest in Madrid, Barca is after Erikssen and I can see Alderwield and Rose going off soon too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)