Smogon Forums

Mercury
I've been on this site longer than Anubis, and quite frankly never met anyone more sensitive than he is. He's constantly attacking people on his giveaway thread, and it's a bad look for Smogon.
Mercury
Particularly for someone who's a moderator.
Mercury
And to blacklist me from the entire Wifi channel seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Yes, it was me. You tried to evade your ban from the anubot-services channel, not once but twice already. I informed shiny finder, the section leader, and I will wait for his feedback. If he feels like you can come back, then I'll gladly let him do so. For now, I don't want any further disturbances in that channel.
Mercury
I agree that evading a ban was wrong, and I understand if that's grounds for removal. But what I want to draw attention to is that there seems to be some oversight of his behavior on this forum. His harassment didn't begin with me, and it certainly won't end with me. To suggest that moderators shouldn't be held to a high standard in terms of decorum on the forum seems wrong.
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
I'm aware and I've talked to shiny finder. While I was originally willing to let you stay in the other channels, I ultimately decided against it the moment you tried circumventing your ban three times now. You could've easily reached out to me or to shiny finder about it before thinking it was a good idea to start using insults yourself. The ban evading was just the last nail in the coffin.
Mercury
The third time was completely accidental -- I switched tabs to my original account, not realizing I was still in the chat.
Mercury
So is the ban permanent, or will it be removed at some point? Or can I do something to have it removed?