Smogon Forums

DJTHED
DJTHED
Yeah it seems quite a few things from my channel has been popping up in people's recommended feeds. This seems to be a recent thing. Not sure why honestly lol
HeaLnDeaL
HeaLnDeaL
Also didn't realize it until I found your alt channel, but wow, you're the guy (or at least one of the people) who started the it's-not-too-much-extra-work-for-a-national-dex that a lot of poketubers referenced. And wow, that must have been a pain to go through that blowup x.x I've seen people take your argument way out of context without understanding what you were saying.
HeaLnDeaL
HeaLnDeaL
Blah, sucks that you blew up with so much negative attention on something that people took out of context. But it's good to hear that your main channel is getting a positive bump and it seems like the youtube algorithm has taken a liking to you :D I hope the good fortune continues!
DJTHED
DJTHED
Lol yeah it's quite annoying to try to find a way to explain how fishy it is that Pokemon are getting cut while they continue to reuse almost all of the 3D assets for the Pokemon that do manage to make it in the game. That experience was an eye opener for me for how biased people can be towards their own viewpoints (on both sides too).
DJTHED
DJTHED
I bet that even if I describe myself in great detail, being as specific and as clear as possible, there will always be a group of people who will dismiss and say things like "just don't buy the game", or deny and argue with things like "these animations/models are clearly different, you're blind" (which clearly shows lack of knowledge on the subject,
DJTHED
DJTHED
there are basically no valid supportive evidence showing that models have differences, when there is plenty that do support them being the same). Some people will give excuses for Game Freak, some of which are valid, some of which are not.
DJTHED
DJTHED
I've even had people accuse me of providing misinformation when showing proof that models were the same in the transition from the 3DS to Let's Go! as well as providing some supporting evidence that this is likely the same case for SwSh, including an accusation from the head of Serebii himself.
DJTHED
DJTHED
And also, you're probably are familiar with him, but Distant Kingdom has similar interactions, but on a nearly constant daily basis, since he's covering the topic quite often. I do think the way he interacts and refers to people can also be problematic, since he can be quite aggressive,
DJTHED
DJTHED
and I generally don't like his overall attitude, even though most of his points (attitude and his own personal opinions aside) in his videos are valid.
DJTHED
DJTHED
This topic is pretty annoying to me, because I see so many people fighting each other with nonsense on both sides. I see people who are still interested in playing SwSh accuse people who point out the suspicious Pokedex cut of trying to convince them the game sucks, or to not buy the game.
DJTHED
DJTHED
There are some people who do this, but I think people can assume too much and think that the entire group of people who point these things out are saying things like this, even if it's only a small group within that larger group that does. I generally don't care if people still are interested in the game, or end up enjoying the game still.
DJTHED
DJTHED
There's just a lot of nonsense arguments, people who refuse to accept what they are looking at, whether it be evidence of assets being reused, or whether it be people misunderstand what other people are saying about the game, or about other people's attitudes... Again, on both sides.