Smogon Forums

thesecondbest
thesecondbest
If you go for an attacking move, both die and smeargle has gotten one kill, making it a success. But fine, let's say you predict the Destiny bond and go for sd.
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
except that accomplishes nothing. Now smeargle clicks a slow endeavor. If you attack now, you die because destiny bond is still up! and if you sd again, now you are at 101 health, in range for one of my espeeders. I will then click sticky web as you make your third prediction in a row and attack on the sticky web.
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
But now i revenge you with my espeeder, and if kartana switches out, it is down to 101 health and i got webs up!
So kartana doesn't beat the set. I'd also like to point out you said you can beat good players with one shit mon and 5 good ones. So if i almost beat a good player with this "shit mon", does that mean I am almost as good as you at MNM? Now I take that as a compliment, thanks!
InfernapeTropius11
InfernapeTropius11
I got 5 kills in OMPL finals with a Slowking LOL if you use it right almost anything can get a kill. Level 36 Smeargle does not accomplish anything level 100 smeargle does not. And in that very detailed hypothetical situation that took 4 posts to write out, level 100 smeargle may not get off an endeavour that does 60% to kartana but it sure as hell will get another hazard up which is smeargle's only job so it's basically entirely outclassed
Ren
Ren
smart strike isnt standard lol if your third sentence already has a mistake i don't want to see what else you said that was incorrect
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
it's the most used on top ladder :?
Ren
Ren
since when is ladder good lol
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
well regardless, it was wrong about kartana beating it lol if his first point already has a mistake i don't want to see what else he said that was incorrect
InfernapeTropius11
InfernapeTropius11
either ur being an asshole or ur legitimately retarded lmfao
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
does kartana run toxic or quick attack? otherwise it doesnt beat smeargle and ur retarded and an asshole. if it does ur just an asshole but not retarded
InfernapeTropius11
InfernapeTropius11
when the leader of the metagame and both other council members all tell you your set is objectively worthless it generally makes sense to believe these users who are the most experienced at the meta. please just accept the fact that this set is not good and move on. i'll admit it could get a surprise kill but at the end of the day the point of smeargle is to lay hazards, not get kills
thesecondbest
thesecondbest
usually if i get a kill and webs up i feel happy but some people would rather get up rocks than a kill? i disagree. But thank you for admitting it will get a surprise kill because that's the whole point of the set. makes me wonder why you shittalked it so much if now you basically say it can work