Smogon Forums

Hogg
Hogg
Yeah they were great live. They didn't distribute any of their singles unfortunately but everything else about the show was pretty much spot on. Mostly a mix of Splendor & Misery and CLPPNG stuff, with a focus on the former, although most of the best moments of the night didn't come from S&M. Probably best song of the night was Wriggle. They cut some Baltimore club songs in, which was pretty cool. The other standout was a remix of Taking Off, which I thought was so-so on CLPPNG but actually worked really well live in a way it didn't on the album. Actually in general CLPPNG wasn't my favorite album but most of the songs worked a lot better live. I do like S&M a lot and the songs didn't disappoint but they also didn't get any better when translated live (although that might be because they mostly did stuff from S&M first, and hadn't really gotten things worked up yet). Best live stuff from S&M were probably Baby Don't Sleep and A Better Place.
col49
col49
Ah, that kinda makes sense. Luv s&m, but the kinda depth with which they dig into the concept makes the singles / live show power of that material a smidge less strong than stuff like clppng and wriggle (felt wriggle was very much a means to buff their festival / show content, similar to danny browns 'old'). they end up doing air'em out? figured of all the material off s&m, that'd be the big one to see live performance
Hogg
Hogg
Yeah they did Air 'Em Out too. They ended up doing most of the non-instrumental/Take 6 stuff from S&M. They opened with Breach and also did All Black, Wake Up, Air 'Em Out, Break The Glass, Baby Don't Sleep and A Better Place. May have been something else I missed too. And I agree re: Wriggle, it definitely doesn't fit on their albums, which are all pretty high concept, but it's a lot of fun live and it's a pretty easy song to cut and mix up a bit. With that one they ended up cutting it with some of Rod Lee's stuff, in particular Dance My Pain Away, which was a nice touch since it's a pretty classic piece of Bmore club, and it went over really well.
Pearl
Pearl
I cannot make any of the times you gave me in your previous post (9 am and 2 am is out of the question) because I am in school or sleeping/studying for the entirety of 12 am to 4 pm in the weekdays, and I am too busy to add this to everything else in the weekend for the next few weeks (until I take a certain standardized, which is a few weeks away, it will likely stay this way), and I don't think its a good idea to delay this further.

Our schedules do not line up, so one of us has to conform to the other. I feel you should be the one conforming here since you delayed this by two weeks off the bat during a time where we could easily play (I was on vacation with plenty of free time), and then messed up a time we scheduled for and could have played at. The earliest I can play on tues/thurs is 5 pm my time, but i'm not in control of when I get back home.