Smogon Forums

Mattapod
Mattapod
is the magneton sturdy or analytic? and its specs right? or scarf?
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
It was faster than your Dragonite after a Dance and killed it with HP Ice. :P

Magneton, like Golem, is Sturdy and I also have a Focus Sash on the Cloyster... so I have three Pokémon with lifelines that can act as revenge killers in a pinch. + Choice Band Dragonite with Extremespeed. The team is supposed to be heavy offensive, which is why I don't like the Tentacruel at all. I will probably switch back to Starmie.
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Come back online and I'll send you a Custap Berry for free. I have more than enough and berries are not valueable to me.
Mattapod
Mattapod
ok cool just got out of shower, dude yea i feel like im constantly under pressure agaisnt that team
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Yeah, that's what it's supposed to do but Tentacruel kind of kills the momentum.
Mattapod
Mattapod
yea having that priority explosion is super sick..
my strategy is supposed to go like this

set up entry hazards, status and knock offs w clefable and tentacruel, tank with kanga and dent as much of the team as possible, clean up and sweep with dragonite or zard x. gengar w scarf for revenge killing in between
Mattapod
Mattapod
flawless bold ha nido f incoming
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Screw ScarfStarmie... ScarfMagneton is way to useful and item clause is a thing. Guess I'm going back to the LO Starmie that I used in Round 1 or maybe TrickSpecs Analytic Starmie.
I'll have to think of something for the Gengar matchup though...
Mattapod
Mattapod
do u have any us games?
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
vzxt's random Master Ball Kecleon incoming.
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Nope, I don't. It wasn't my Kecleon, but I doubt that vzxt would care, since he send it to me as fodder.
Mattapod
Mattapod
yea if u werent already sashing u could do a zam or something. i think i got lucky with when i pulled out gengar. i bet if u switched and sacked magneton, dragonite couldve taken one shadow ball and ohkod with dclaw or outrage
Mattapod
Mattapod
i was only asking cause i was gonna give u a dragonite code
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Usually I keep track during a battle on a small paper of what has been damaged, knocked off, KO'd etc. I didn't bother this time, because there was nothing on the line and didn't really keep track. I would never play like this during a rated match, but at least I realize that Tentacruel is misplaced here.
Mattapod
Mattapod
yea same. i just wing it. tbh i forgot who was left and i usually take a pic of the opposing team too
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
Ah! Don't worry about it. Events don't mean much to me, especially if they don't have guaranteed IVs and their competitive value is "meeeh" at best.
Mattapod
Mattapod
same im abt to give my vcodes out. why do i give a shit abt sring a pokemon that will never be as good as any of my flawless ones? for a cherish ball? nah. i go til i get an acceptable nature and thats it, then they usually rot in a box
Mattapod
Mattapod
now i have to use that
Nelson Tangela
Nelson Tangela
That's one big ass yellow dino. ôO