NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the vote count list me as both on Former Hope and on Champ1604?

Anyway, since Champ doesn't seem to have responded to my post #52 yet, I don't feel like unvoting champ at this time.

Votecount Two, Day One

Champ1604(4): Earlio, mxmts, bluedoom, Aura Guardian
Granny Pie(2): Champ1604, XnadrojX
mxmts(2): Prophylaxis, KnightsOfCydonia
Hitmonleet(2): Haruno, BLOODYRAIN1001
Former Hope(1): Aura Guardian
Aura Guardian(1): Former Hope
Haruno(1): Hitmonleet
BLOODYRAIN1001(1): MeowMIXX,
Not Voting(7): Granny Pie, ItzViper482, Jalmont, MoodyCloud, shubaka17, Texas Cloverleaf, Tonithetourgide

edit: bolded the names
Not voting? Fam, I was on XnadrojX.
Good morning, btw. Reading through, KOC brings up good points on mxmts, though I disagree with Prophylaxis about Earlio. He's an unusually fluffy dude on town, and he's only slightly less fluffy and more idle as mafia. I don't scumread him right now based on the past experiences I've had with him, but even so, I want him to post more, so I will Unvote/Vote Earlio. You better start talking, buddy.

Good morning. I'm gonna check the posts in my alerts before catching up.

bluedoom Turning an RVS into a wagon needs substance to justify it. It's not a diehard scumtell, but you gotta give it some scrutiny when a player moves to shove someone out the door without making a case for it.

Hitmonleet Constant questioning. Get answers from everyone about everything and don't let up, that sort of thing. Colombo came to mind specifically because he's always turning around and asking another question.

Prophylaxis I've only had one person quote my discussion points. Next time, please don't dismiss my scumhunting efforts as irrelevant. Give me room to work, okay?

I'm saying that the sudden champwagon might be a good thing to look at in terms of how it just suddenly, randomly happened and got traction very quickly, so odds are that we have at least 1 mafia, though it'd likely be better to wait until/if Champ dies first, so we don't tilt at windmills.
This is a good point. I need to reread this course of events.

I'm tempted to talk about Blodds since we're both from Kongregate, but not until I get a read on him.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Ok ok thanksgiving is over so I'll give my 2 cents on everything so far

In my opinion Champ has never sounded good coming into a Mafia game and I only started (???) this wagon because it's my go-to RVS, but hey I'm not arguing against it by any means. Just saying that they're the type of user that isn't worth reading into their town, if that makes sense. (If I'm honest I feel that a Champ lynch will happen eventually as from my experience it does due to how the player tends to post)

Wow Champ wagon exploded somehow.

Prophylaxis solid entrance and further solid play.

Granny Pie there was a bunch of things you could comment on or participating in RVS, also I don't know your meta so I can't use that.

BLOODYRAIN guy pings me (not just cuz of the name), can't put my finger on it. His posts feel like the sort of "I'll cooperate" kind of thing.

Now time to properly read back
I'm not really liking any of these "reads" on users as they're virtually devoid of anything even worth thinking of (Bloody is scummy cuz he's rubbing me wrong?) or just further clearing Prophylaxis as others have been doing this whole thread. Also I'm not really liking the Bloody scum push as he's coming off more as cooperative town trying to help more than mafia (which would either try harder with their own pushes of be more idle-y and cooperative from my experience, but I digress). Not giving a scumread but just asking for better justification/clarifying if I missed something in these mounds and mounds of posts

I have trouble digging through pages of activity that I missed but now that family-togetherness is cooling off I'll be playing more proactively

I didn't attempt to make any reads because I think trying to read people so early is stupid. The way I see it, I could easily find an excuse to call literally everyone in this game scum, but I'm not going to pretend I have any idea about other people's alignment. I fail to see how the fact that I didn't scumread Champ makes me any more suspicious than other people that voted for them, I made my vote at random between the people that already had one vote, if they turn out to be town, whatever, we were probably going to lynch someone innocent anyways.

(highlighting tag removed from quotes)

It's serious. However, it's also not completely so, because it's too early to make calls like that.
Suspicious buddying. Unvote, Vote Champ1604. Explain better.

(And liking bluedoom a lot right now)
I was just telling my honest reads on Former Hope, while replying to Prophylaxis. I have nothing to defend here.

Ok ok thanksgiving is over so I'll give my 2 cents on everything so far

In my opinion Champ has never sounded good coming into a Mafia game and I only started (???) this wagon because it's my go-to RVS, but hey I'm not arguing against it by any means. Just saying that they're the type of user that isn't worth reading into their town, if that makes sense. (If I'm honest I feel that a Champ lynch will happen eventually as from my experience it does due to how the player tends to post)
One thing I don't get is this post. If you are going to lynch me because I'm not worth reading into town (hey im kinda hurt by that i have feelings), then am I being called policy here?
Other than that, it clearly seems that you are just going for a lynch you can see. I don't see you scumhunting at all here. So you as mafia going for an easy lynch so that it can benefit you, that's what you aim to do? This is fishy.

I didn't attempt to make any reads because I think trying to read people so early is stupid. The way I see it, I could easily find an excuse to call literally everyone in this game scum, but I'm not going to pretend I have any idea about other people's alignment. I fail to see how the fact that I didn't scumread Champ makes me any more suspicious than other people that voted for them, I made my vote at random between the people that already had one vote, if they turn out to be town, whatever, we were probably going to lynch someone innocent anyways.
I didn't get the first line. "I think trying to read people so early is stupid" isn't that you saying that the basic foundation of town (i.e. scumreading) is bad?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
One thing I don't get is this post. If you are going to lynch me because I'm not worth reading into town (hey im kinda hurt by that i have feelings), then am I being called policy here?
Other than that, it clearly seems that you are just going for a lynch you can see. I don't see you scumhunting at all here. So you as mafia going for an easy lynch so that it can benefit you, that's what you aim to do? This is fishy.
Hey, we both have posting styles that never quite look towny, I was just telling the others that reading too far into your posts almost always leads to a light scum-read. As for my vote, I’m leaving it parked until a really solid scum possibility comes up today (which is never really that solid on D1, but w/e) and I feel that you’re kinda over-justifying your towny-ness at this point.

I generally agree with the sentiment that hard scumhunting is dumb on D1 as other scum can really easily bus or just get a free pass idling when it’s better to play this Day out to get posts from everyone (especially so in such a big game) and make sure nobody coasts away on idling/fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)