Monotype THOR, SON OF ODIN - A Mono-Electric Team

~A Monotype Electric Team~

"In Norse mythology, Thor (/θɔːr/; from Old NorseÞórr) is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing and fertility."
- Wikipedia

That is the spirit of this Monotype team: thunder, lightning, storms, and strength. If Thor was a trainer in the Pokemon world, this would be more or less what his team would look like.
Personally, I love playing Monotype Electric. Volt Switch can be run on almost every Pokemon, providing lots of momentum. Also, the Electric type only has ONE WEAKNESS, which is always great in Monotype.
So without further ado, let's see what this team is made of!

Tanngrisnir (Golem-Alola) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

In Norse mythology, Thor owns two goats (that he repeatedly eats and revives). Without these two goats, Thor would have trouble sustaining himself on long adventures. This is Tanngrisnir, the first support Pokemon in this adventure.
Like Thor's goat, this Pokemon's role can be a sacrificial one. It is usually used as a sacrificial lead, although I sometimes save it to be a strong physical attacker later in the game to get rid of Special walls. It's moves are pretty self-explanatory, really. Stealth Rock, then Galvanized Explosion. Galvanized Return and Stone Edge for damage.

Tanngnjóstr (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

The other goat owned by Thor.
Unlike Golem-Alola, this Pokemon isn't sacrificial. It's Monotype Electric's only hazard remover. Personally, I run Discharge > Volt Switch, because I preferred having a strong, reliable attack, rather than a pivot move (I definitely have enough pivot moves in this team, already). Zapdos also has a great typing, being immune to Ground type moves. Roost for recovery and Heat Wave for coverage.

Megingjörð (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

This is Megingjörð, Thor's belt. It holds all of Thor's tools, from his trusty hammer to his iron gloves. This belt is also said to double Thor's physical strength.
This Rotom-Wash is not too far from that description. It is, by far, Monotype Electric's BEST GROUND CHECK. It's a) immune to ground moves and b) has a STAB Hydro Pump. Even without any EVs in SpAtk, this Pokemon HITS HARD with Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt. If needed, this Pokemon can also function as a physical wall with Will-O-Wisp and a respectable 344 Defense. Volt Switch for momentum.

Járngreipr (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is Járngreipr, Thor's iron gloves. It is said in Norse mythology that Thor cannot hold his hammer, if he does not wear the Járngreiprs.
Fittingly enough, Raichu-Alola (the hammer) has greater effectiveness if Electric Terrain, set by Tapu Koko, is in effect. Tapu Koko's set is the set I'm least sure about. It's Special attacking set has Dazzling Gleam and HP Ice which come in handy often, but I struggle with Special walls with this team. I'm considering switching to a Physical attacking set, utilizing Wild Charge and Brave Bird for coverage, instead. For now, I use this set mainly to come in, set Electric Terrain, then Volt Switch out into Raichu-Alola to sweep. Tapu Koko can also function as a backup attacker if needed.

Mjölnir (Raichu-Alola) @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Everyone knows Mjölnir. Thor's divine thunder weapon. In the Marvel movies, Thor is seen using his hammer to whack enemies away.
Yep, that's the power of Raichu-Alola under Electric Terrain. It's. A. Beast. I run four attacking moves, each with a different type, to put a LARGE dent in the opponent's team. This surfer almost has a super-effective move for every single Pokemon. Under Electric Terrain, this Pokemon has a monstrous 638 Speed. That's faster than a 252 Spe Timid Deoxys-Speed! This thing is hard to stop. (Unless your name is Chansey)

THOR (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now, we have Thor himself. (if he was a furry)
This is my sweeper, other than Raichu-Alola. Unlike Raichu-Alola, this thing can sweep outside of Electric Terrain as well. At a colossal 405 Speed, this thing outspeeds more threats than I can name off the top of my head. A STAB Thunderbolt is very strong, and Flamethrower and HP Ice are good for coverage.

Finally, thanks for taking the time to read my RMT. If you have any suggestions/criticism, I would gladly appreicate it if you left them in the comments. Thanks!

Kudos to Smogon Dex for most of these sets (altered for my playstyle).

Replays are coming soon!

Tanngrisnir (Golem-Alola) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Tanngnjóstr (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Megingjörð (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Járngreipr (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mjölnir (Raichu-Alola) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Surf

THOR (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Letterman4, cool team you got there :]
I will suggest one change however, I noticed that your team lacks any move to deal with bulky ground types like swampert,seismitoad,gastradon etc which can make match ups like ground more difficult to play around since hp ice does little to those ground types so I suggest you to run grass knot on Raichu-alola in place of surf since you already have water coverage on Rotom-wash and using grass knot on Raichu-alola will allow you to dish out good damage to aforementioned ground types. You should also run 29 hp ivs to minimize life orb recoil. Hoping this will help you.
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Well first off I love the theme you got with your team, that banner is 10/10 amazing!
After testing your team for a while, this is my rate.
Koko: Proposed Changes: Wild Charge > Thunderbolt & U-turn > Volt switch & Brave Bird > HP Ice & Naive > Timid & Choice Band > Magnet: Simply Changing Koko to a physical set helps your team out immensely. Like you said there was literally no point to keeping this mon special. Your team is basically all special attackers which leaves you so weak to special walls like Chansey and Alola-Muk. This set allows you to easily 2KO those two mons, while also helping you team with the grass match up that this team has such a hard time with, aka Mega-Venusaur. The best part though is that you now have access to U-Turn which guarantees momentum since you never have to worry about ground types switching in, and allowing for a better match up with ground teams. Dazzling gleam is still a good coverage move that allows you to hit dragons. Naive since you definitely don't want to be anymore weak to Dragonite Espeed.
Raichu: Proposed Changes: Psyshock > Psychic & Grass Knot > Surf: Grass knot for the reason Harpreet mentioned. Psyshock Is used over psychic to help with Volcarona which basically cleans this team after a single Quiver Dance shrugging off psychic and TBolt. Also just helps with the special walls again.
Zapdos: Proposed Changes: Volt Switch > Discharge: I understand why you wanted Discharge but you have to realize that Zapdos has no Special Attack investment. Its job is to defog and get out of there to do it again. One of the appeals of Electric is the ability to almost always have momentum in it's favor due to Volt switching. The lack of Special Attack just makes Zapdos a momentum drain. Once I changed Discharge to Switch the team just flowed so much better. Allowing to me to go into the appropriate answers and checks.

I loved playing with this team and it basically changed my mind on Mega Mane just being a terrible mon. It put in a suprising amount of work! Anyways thats my rate hope it helps.
Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 136 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Dazzling Gleam

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hello! Your banner and pretty much the whole theme of this RMT is amazing! I also really like the team, but I have one suggestion:

Replace Thunderbolt with Pain Split on Rotom-Wash: This can grant Rotom-Wash a form of somewhat decent recovery. You don't really need Thunderbolt on it all that much, especially since floating Pokemon don't experience the boost from Electric Terrain. You should also have 248 EVs in HP to minimize Stealth Rock damage.

Here's the set, hope it helps!
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)