Tournaments RBY World Cup II - FINALS! [Won by US Northeast]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Spain + Portugal [6 - 0] US Northeast
M Dragon vs Isza
chuva de perereca vs Gilbert arenas
UltiNooba19 vs Excal
Sceptross vs emma
SMB vs ABR
Kenix vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

As a European it was always hard for me to understand American culture. What was fascinating for me is that they like bragging about their freedom which was weird for me, because I didn't think that I have any less freedom than them. I always thought 'What is the difference'. However after this game I finally understand it. NA is just so fucking free.

Spain + Portugal [4 - 2] US Northeast
M Dragon vs Isza
UltiNooba19 vs Excal
Sceptross
vs emma
SMB vs ABR
Kenix
vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

Hype final, all of these could go either way but backing Iberia to just edge it out

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
M Dragon vs Isza
UltiNooba19 vs Excal
Sceptross vs emma
SMB vs ABR
Kenix
vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

Spain + Portugal [3 - 3] US Northeast
M Dragon vs Isza
UltiNooba19 vs Excal
Sceptross vs emma
SMB vs ABR
Kenix
vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

not doing tiebreakers but every single set here is gonna be a classic, looking forward to a great finale

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
ggs and wp Team Iberia, was a pleasure. 3 titans up & 3 titans down. Team Freedom are your RBYWC II Champions :heart:

Pokemon has always been an escape for me. This was most prevalent during the peak of the Coronavirus disease in 2020, the same time I started college and began playing RBY. Four years later, it makes me so happy to graduate with my Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering & lead US Northeast to a RBY World Cup II victory in the same weekend :)

This was a SCL II Dynamos--esque run. Germany, Italy, and Iberia (without needing to tiebreak!) is a truly absurd gauntlet to fight our way through. 12-3 overall in playoffs against this level of competition (without being the betting favorite once!) is one of the most dominant and impressive team tournament performances I've ever seen. From sweeping Italy, to earning our redemption against Germany, and coming back from down 0-2 against Iberia, this has been my favorite team tournament with my favorite group of people ever.

SaDiSTiCNarwhal - We did it! Thank you for co-captaining with me these last two years and it's only fitting you secured our victory this year. 9 (!) total wins really shows how incredible of a player you are. From RoA Olympics VII (2022) to Retro Cup of Pokemon V (2023) to RBY World Cup II (2024), we are now 3-time champions together and I wouldn't want anyone else by my side.

ABR - Our first MVP. It turns out adding the best Pokemon player of all time to your team goes a long way. What impressed me even more than your 3-0 playoffs, including sending Germany home and starting our comeback against Iberia off with a breeze, was your incredible team presence. Your thousands of lines of teambuilding help, a winning energy, and great vibes pushed us to be great. Everyone on this team became a better RBYer because of you. I truly am happy you join our community and it's absurd how much you've accomplished since your first RBY Invitational one year ago. Thank you for joining us this year and I'm glad it all worth it in the end.

Excal - Our second MVP. 4-1 overall, with two wins against Heroic Troller and coming up clutch in finals down 1-2. Like ABR, your team presence was outstanding, and even more impressive than your dominant performance. Again, your thousands of lines of teambuilding help, a winning energy, and great vibes pushed us to be great. Everyone on this team became a better RBYer because of you. I truly am happy we got to run it back together in another team tournament. Turns out we make a pretty good duo, don't you think? Thank you for joining us this year and I'm glad it all worth it in the end.

Isza - Shoutouts to the Dragonspiral Tyrants for throwing you in RBY OU in SPL XIV and bringing us to where we are today. Your peak in RBY over these last two years has been truly astounding to witness. Critical wins against over Germany in Round 1 Tiebreaker and Semifinals last year followed up by 2-0 in playoffs this year was phenomenal. Specifically, your ability to slow down and work through new situations as you faced them was truly impressive. Thank you for joining us these last two years, and I'm glad we could finally deliver this year.

Gilbert arenas - The cop. I truly enjoyed our dynamic this tour. I would provide the teams, and you would show up and win games. Thank you for joining us these last two years, and I'm glad we could finally deliver this year.

Acetylaldehyde - Your teambuilding help was directly responsible for quite a few wins. Isza's Quarterfinals win was a prime example of how you were able to contribute from the sidelines. Thank you for taking your subbing out of pools and playoffs with such grace and humility and continuing to help in spite of it. I'm sorry you were only able to get one shot to play, but your time will come soon my friend.

gastlies - During pools, we were 6-5 and needed to win at least four of our last seven games to advance. You came through with two clutch wins to send us to playoffs (and the rest is history!). Your resilience and focus, especially compared to your first set, impressed me greatly. Like Acetylaldehyde, thank you for continuing to help despite getting subbed out for playoffs.

robjr & teal6 - This victory was a two-year process that does not happen without your pools performance last year (5-0 combined!) securing us the #2 seed and the bye. Thank you for your continued involvement and being key members of the process.

phoopes - Thank you for your wonderful presence this year. It was a pleasure to have you around cheering us on.

snaga & TibarnWasTaken - Freedom Royale. Hope you enjoyed the journey.

I've won Smogon Premier League. I've won Smogon Champions League. I've been RBY and Doubles C&C Leader. But nothing has ever made me happier and prouder on this website than winning this tournament :)

THE BELLS OF FREEDOM ARE RINGING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)