Finals Smogon Premier League XV - Finals [Won by Dragonspiral Tyrants]

c0mp

The one and only / Discord ID: c0mp
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Congrats Tyrants. Unfortunately, we didn't get to the spicy tiebreaker round, but it is what it is.

I want to thank z0mOG and Genesis7 for trusting in this rusty boomer when I was doing poorly and had only come back to the game last year.
The amount of dedication and effort you both displayed in these last three months was astounding. I'm sincerely glad to have been a part of this experience, even if we didn't end up winning. I'm sure you two will eventually lift the Tigers' curse. Hold your horses on that name change for now, Finch.

To the rest of my team:
It was a pleasure to be surrounded by so many people who showed such immense passion for the game. This type of environment and team spirit is what made me want to push myself harder and flourish. I thank you all for that. I know that some of you aren't happy with your results and the outcome, but from my perspective, you gave it your best, and all of you should be proud. Also, thanks to the people who volunteered to help us in our Discord group in the last few weeks - you guys were pretty clutch.

We'll get 'em next year, Tigers.

360_F_302139591_Mvw8PvkR40fHDtVJNtjT9oS9cfcNUzAh.jpg

Hey clan, im very sorry for not being as available as you all deserved for the whole season, specially considering how much i love this team and how much i have worked for it in the past. You all were awesome and its fucking heart breaking to see you all not finishing with the trophy after your hard work, but the whole environment was great with a lot of star power and growing involved, at the very least. Good luck in next years, and i promise i will deliver more in possible future opportunities. WRAWN. :heart:

Nice win Tyrants, your culture is very positive for the tournament every year. Having many friends there makes it less frustrating to lose at this point at least LOL.

SM OU: c0mp vs DonSalvatore - equally yolked pair based on their showings so far. looking forward to this one.

ORAS OU: London Beats vs CrashinBoomBang - bro has too much on the line here to leave anything to chance. And what's more dangerous than a man with a plan? A CrashinBoomBang

BW OU: sensei axew vs SoulWind - a painful bold but it has to be done.

ADV OU: M Dragon vs pkThunderbolt - M Dragon has shown why he's top 10 GOAT all-time all season. Also up there with the clutchest of them all. Will take a sneak attack for pk to steal this one.

Admittedly, M Dragon teams have shown some common themes this season so there's room for exploitation.

GSC OU: RealJester vs Rubyblood - Jester has been free in GSC for a while and will continue to be if he doesn't slow his game down and cut the "sacrifice" plays/builds. That plus Ruby's competence makes for an easy W, unless he takes a risk to stray from comfort and fails.

RBY OU: Green on fire vs Heroic Troller - the RBY Santu. Or is Santu the ORAS Troller?? Regardless i never bold against this man.

ggs
You didn't predict, you straight up just wrote the script. How the hell did you keep doing this???

Sans aucun doute une des victoires que j'ai été le plus heureux de voir depuis que jsuis sur Poké, vous êtes un exemple de persévérance et ça me met au MAX de vous avoir vu à ce niveau vous avez pas idée, bravo les frères vraiment Rubyblood BlazingDark <3
DonSalvatore t'es le meilleur, c'est bon de voir que t'as pas feed des clampins qui passé 30 piges ont rien de mieux à foutre de leur vie que venir insulter et te traiter comme de la merde pour avoir choke une game poké que tlm oubliera dans 6 semaines, justice t'a été faite al hamdulillah, en espérant que le rouge soit le 1er d'une longue série :heart:
Dridri457 bravo chef j'avoue t'es marrant mais sah les surnoms comme ça j'ai mal à la tête LOOOL

Congratulations Tyrants and thanks a lot for taking my guys to where they deserved to go.
Le Don désolé je t'ai porté l'oeil jsuis un enculé MDRRR mais crois moi sur parole c'est un réel plaisir de voir que tu t'es pas "fermé" même en ayant joué à ce niveau, suffisamment rare pour le souligner mais pareil que pour Don j'espère que ce tour a été le 1er d'une longue série inshAllah <3 (par contre je te pardonnerai pas pour ne pas avoir joué Aboma stall, tu m'as pas fait honneur zebi.)

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
first of all, huge apologies to my team for the subpar season. i think it was pretty clear i just don't have the time or motivation to give it my 100% these days, and i certainly don't play enough to fulfill the extremely high playing standards i set for myself and others. this is purely on me, but i didn't think it'd be this bad going in. i can only apologize, but at the same time thank you all for the unconditional support. feels like no matter how much i lost or how badly i got battered, you all still had 100% trust in me, so i'm glad i won the final game of this tournament at least. also very thankful for everyone who sent me encouraging PMs during this tournament, it really helped a lot! not gonna list every name here or even tag people in general as there's way too many people to tag, but you probably know who you are :)

figures I'd win the SPL that's not only my worst record but also definitely the one I put the least time and effort into. don't get me wrong - yesterday was extremely emotional, and while i truly thought that i wouldn't care about this tour (I was ready to just have it end when we were down 2-5 in semifinals, in all honesty), i'm still extremely happy to have finally won this tournament after 11 years. i always said i'd gladly go 0-11 if my team ends up winning SPL, so that's the next best thing, just goes to show how much of a sham team tour trophies are when it comes down to it.

as someone who's been on the other side a few times by now: i hope the tigers aren't too discouraged by this loss. i think you guys assembled a team that truly shattered everyone's expectations, and while the outcome isn't what you wanted it to be, i hope you guys can still take something not tangible from this team tour. i feel like every SPL finals loss in the past made me want to throw in the towel right there, but i'm glad i didn't. you guys played some really strong pokemon in the finals, but unfortunately the game is still pokemon.

also, on that note, i do want to say that i really enjoyed playing this season, despite doing so poorly. good games to all my opponents, too, definitely a good reality check, and it's always exciting to play people who end up just absolutely smacking you around. very high hopes for this tier and its playerbase, as always. feels like few things went right for me this tour, and while i could claim i got heinously unlucky or something, i do feel like a lot of my losses were still quite preventable with slightly better prep or play. got some calls wrong in prep, got one or two key moves wrong a game, sometimes got a little unlucky, nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. very disappointed with my week 1 game in particular, i feel like a straight up choke like that is very uncharacteristic for me (if anything, i tend to lose games because i do stupid aggro stuff i don't have to do, like switching weavile into london's eq, not because I misplay from a won position), but it is what it is. just more beatings to learn from, if nothing else.

not sure if this is my final team tour or what, and i never want to say never, but i'm definitely way too busy and not motivated enough to play this game at a level that i feel is appropriate for a team tournament. not being able to put in the kind of effort i used to, where i'd prepare for like 15-20 hours a week really makes me feel bad about even participating, especially with how much i always end up costing (for some reason). i will definitely make a post in the ORAS subforum detailing my experience in more detail, if anyone wants to read that, but apart from that i've got a lot of other things to focus on. i'll always be around in some capacity, i've found some of my best friends in the world on here, but i just feel bad not being able to give it my all during team tours the way i used to.

as mentioned, not gonna do tags because i know i'll forget someone or something, but i really do appreciate everyone i've interacted with in a positive way over the years. to all the friends, people, everyone rooting for me or looking up to me and letting me know they learned from my games or whatever: thank you. sincerely. this trophy and the conkeldurr finals team wouldn't exist without you all.

also, obviously a huge thank you to all the tyrants for trusting me 100% to win my finals game despite my poor record and carrying my ass all the way there. we win as a team, we lose as a team, and this time we won. i know how hard we all worked for this, so don't let singular opinions take away from this win. we earned this. pokemon carried the rest. enjoy the trophy, my friends!!

Thanks to my teammates for carrying me in Finals after a poorly played game, winning feels very nice.

s/o Niko for being the main reason I got here, you started believing and pushing me me out of basically nothing as we had known each other but never interacted very much, and you talking so often about me is what helped me getting picked and you know I am very grateful for that :heart:

blunder and reyscarface for ending up picking me since we guys had never interacted before so I was surprised to get contacted in order to replace the banned player, I am glad for the occasion you guys gave me and you are amazing and did a crazy job being always supportive and nice to all of us while providing support in all slots where it was needed, winning a tour with 2 banned players while giving all your players multiple games is huge and I know from friends rey tried a lot to win so I am very happy that we finally did it

CTC You carried all SV slots and your knowledge about the metagame is crazy, you cooked some amazing teams for all the slots througout the tour and still carried despite getting banned, truly the goat of the tier, it was nice to work with you and your practice and prep is always on point and perfect

Heroic Troller You are the Ronaldo of mons starting us every week 1-0 up, that's just unbelieavable. You are by far the best player in your tier and you still managed to give so much support in almost all the other tiers. Having you in the team feels like a cheat code and I am happy I got to team with you and that you won this tour, it was nice to work with you and see you destroying your RBY opponents every week

myjava You had an amazing score and clutched TB for us which basically saved the season during your first tour, you did amazingly and always had strong performances while grinding a lot, you really deserve this win!!

damien the genius THE genius completely owned in Finals, your timezone did not help but we still managed to play some SV and SS together which was always very helpful, I love SS although I did not interacted much during prep as we had other goats helping in there, but you had an amazing season and played very well

Dridri457 pkThunderbolt CyberOdin✝ I have 0 knowledge of oldgens but it was nice to see you guys helping each other weekly and winning when we needed it the most, I hope we can team up in some future tours so I can learn some stuff about your gens :P

CrashinBoomBang Not your best season but your win was massive in Finals, you were the first person to pm me in order to pick me up and I am glad I got the occasion to team with you and other amazing players, you had really some unfortunate games but still managed to not give up and get us a huge win in Finals. Your dedication to the tier is crazy and seeing you prep and cooking teams was nice to watch, you can finally enjoy your trophy

Rubyblood BlazingDark You guys are absolute beasts in all the gens you touch, Ruby showed how goated he is in GSC despite having a unfortunate series in Semis but still not giving up and destroying his oppo in Finals while the Sauce was very helpful early in the season and in playoffs to help everyone with tests in any gen, I am happy to have teamed and won with you friends

Poek Luispeikou SoulWind There wasn't much interaction between us as you guys did more stuff on your own but all your wins were amazing, you guys are goated players with Luis getting us a huge tb in semis and soulwind being a warranty whenever he has to play. Poek you did an amazing job picking up SV after CTC's ban and grinding the tier so much, amazing performance in playoffs and glad the grind paid off

Ash KetchumGamer DonSalvatore Switching up in the Fairy Gens, you guys are very nice people and helped a lot by filling up the gaps during the weeks, I loved working with you two with prep / tests / deciding teams, hope we can team in other tournaments too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not happy with how I played during this tour but I am glad we managed to win as a team and I am looking forward improving in those more stressful situations, but I am grateful I had some friends to cheer me up whenever I needed it

Will of Fire You were crucial for me throughout the whole tour, we talked daily and you always gave huge inputs whenever I had to play myself or even just when I was scouting and helping other SV slots, I ended up using 2 of your teams and I really believe you are the best builder in fairy gens, you are so goated at the game and a very nice person too, I pmmed you firstly to ask you ORAS help during ROAPL and you teached me so much since then, I really love talking to you and I hope I get to see you play some tours in the future, stay around king

Aurella We also talked often during this tour, thanks for cheering me up when I wasn't feeling confident and for being nice when I was stressed for the games, I hope you can get more satisfactions in the future as well

Punny Raiza Thanks for helping me when I pmmed you about my stress during those last weeks, thanks Punny for the tests and inputs on some teams/ideas and Raiza for helping me when I asked you some stuff; I appreciate you both a lot

JUST ONE GALATINA the SV goat, thanks for all the support whether it was discussing ideas, testing, or showing me some teams. You grind a lot and I hope you can get some more occasions in next tournaments as well, I hope we can team sometime soon and grind together

SetsuSetsuna You might be the nicest and genuine user on the site and a very talented player, you were very supportive and I hope you will decide to play more often in tournaments too, thanks for being around

Vert august Tobes AiCorder for being around in the server despite not interacting with you at all, thanks for helping our friends and thank you Vert especially for your inputs and amazing builds in SV, you truly are a goat

Thanks to all the other friends that were supportive to me, especially to friends in Filo Gang and JF, but also to the guys in PT and all the other serves or communities, you are too many to ping you all but I appreciate you all:heart:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
congratz tyrants esp Myjava for heat sv run
hard luck c0mp trosko zomdog genesis you were looking unstoppable past few weeks

on side note team india is looking for cyber security expert to safeguard from potential hacking loss kindly dm piyush21 for more info

CyberOdin✝

♫ ¨ I will persist ¨ ♪
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Many thanks to the friends who could give me a hand when I needed some help, thanks Sato07 Jhonx~ Sadlysius and thanks to the tournament organizers, they always did an impeccable job in directing the tournament.

blunder and reyscarface I have to tell you that I really appreciate that you have trusted me, I know that I did not have a completely positive score but as I promised you, in each attempt I gave my best and when I couldn't go in front of the lineup, I helped as much as possible. possible to the team in ideas, building and above all testing.They earned my respect and only those who have the opportunity to share with you, know how good people they are beyond the competitive, everything was so fluid and natural that I can say that it is the BEST team I have been in, practically It felt like a family, Thank you for giving me the opportunity, I hope and if destiny so wishes, I can be part of your team again, this time, returning as a stronger and more outstanding adv player, many did not trust me but you gave me the opportunity that I had been waiting for for several years since they put me behind others or simply saw no reason in signing me, you trusted me and were always kind regardless of the final result.

CTC I literally have no idea about SV because I have not shown interest in playing it but, from what I have experienced with you, I can say that you are from any point of view one of the best SV that there is today, you have an incredible knowledge of the metagame and you were practically key in every game Thanks to your ideas and suggestions, congratulations, sharing with you and seeing how fantastic you are as well as competitive was a unique experience, even though in the last few weeks you were not there and against many teams that was a gap of weakness, you were always there involved and supporting whoever would seek to fill your shoes, you are the drop, thank you friend, I hope to share a team with you again, you are very interesting.

Heroic Troller You are a very upright person, I like that, because your attitude is always to achieve the best results, just like ctc, you are one of the best RBy players I know and it was very pleasant and interesting to share with you, even though I don't I know English, we were able to interact a little and see your dedication in each category, it was very interesting because even though you are mostly a starter and star in rby, you have an interesting knowledge of each tier gen and very few achieve that, my respects friend, You were practically the third captain when blunder or king did not have time to keep a full grasp of the situations, you have the character of a leader and your competitiveness as a security is relentless.

myjava hehehe wow you are incredible, you saved our skin many times from losing the week against key teams, you are very good bro and it was a pleasure to share with you and the little that we were able to interact with.

damien the genius Like Java, you are very good bro, you simply excelled in every game and seeing the impressive plays you made was to generate a heart attack in the team and in the end obtain the victory, you are a very interesting person Demian, thank you for being my partner bro.

Dridri457 pkThunderbolt My oldgen teammates, Dridri, I remember how yesterday when we played in the dpp champions and I lost against you and where I almost won the game, from that moment I could know that you are very good in dpp and I did not imagine that you would play adv even without having the same level as in dpp, you are good at it, you were a great help friend and you were always at the service when I needed help, just like Leech, beyond always confronting us in surroundings, I can say that knowing him and communicating was seeing what he is a very kind person who likes to help, Leech, maybe like me you didn't have a great score but I can say that you are a good adv player, I really liked helping you and seeing that little by little you were developing and developing with style, spirit and to continue becoming strong for the next spl to be one of the main and strongest adv players, thank you both for being my teammates and friends, you are excellent.

CrashinBoomBang What can I say about you that I haven't said before in the chat, you are a cool person, you always got along well with me and that made me see that in the end you were a very nice and easygoing person, you are an excellent player, just this was not you best moment but I can say that you are very good at playing and you have a lot of skill, whenever I face you, I can be pleased because they are games of great caliber and skill, that the next spl is a turnaround on that score and you can be one of the best Now, everything was worth the effort and we were able to obtain the trophy, thank you for being my partner.

Rubyblood BlazingDark Ruby, BD told you, you are one of those few players who makes everything you touch shine, you have a very beautiful and great style of play to watch, I literally enjoyed all your games and I always felt confident that the rival Against you, I had a difficult time, literally you either lost because of some hasty play or because of some hax, but you were always a person who showed control in your games as much as possible, BD, you are a very good gsc player, you were the complement perfect for Ruby and it was something mutual and fluid, thanks to both of them for always being willing and putting great effort into their games, in the end we achieved it.

Poek Luispeikou SoulWind Los españoles del team, son excelente personas, quien no los conoce, no saben de lo que se pierde, Sw ya tenemos muchos años de conocernos del lado latino y siempre te he respetado sobre todo por lo competitivo y excelente jugador que eres, sobre todo por aquellos tiempos en que formamos parte del team de Colchonero, me alegro haber sido tu compañero, unos de los jugadores más sólidos de bw que conozco y a quien aprecio mucho, gracias por ser mi compañero bro, Luis y Poek, literalmente nunca habíamos pasado palabras bajo ningún tiempo de situación fuera de la spl, más allá de saber que eran nuevos jugadores dentro del ámbito crecimiento competitivo español, son muy majos y muy buenos jugadores, siempre animando y cuando les tocaba jugar, desbordaban gran entusiasmo y disposición, NOS LLEVAMOS LA VICTORIA A CASA y eso significa que todos los esfuerzos rindieron sus frutos, a seguir adelante y el límite es el cielo.

Mada Excuse me, I made a copy paste for the nickname in your thread and I almost forgot about you, but I put you here because I can't forget about you, you are the MOST ORGANIZED person I know, that is, you had all kinds of information well organized and You have a lot of judgment in it, I know very few players with that capacity and ability, without saying that you are a very good player, many games in which you showed off masterfully and add to that that you showed off masterfully when someone needed help, excellent human being and player, It was very pleasant to have you on the team because in truth everything I tell you I tell you because that's how I feel and see it, very organized and competitive to the core.

Ash KetchumGamer hehehe, I don't know if you remember that we played a team battle in smogon de las aletarías, a 4-player battle where in the end I was vs you, I don't know if you remember but I do because it was very fun hahahaha and we laughed at everything, what is there? I would like to highlight that we did not know each other but who would have thought that we would be part of the same team, you are a beautiful person bro and as a very good player, thank you for being my teammate.

DonSalvatore You are the fucking goat, all your games were a visual pleasure, I was always willing to help you in the tests, due to the time or schedule we were not able to interact much but I can say that you are a great person because of the integration you were with the team and above all all because of your great competitiveness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will of Fire Aurella Punny Raiza JUST ONE GALATINA SetsuSetsuna Vert august Tobes @aicorder , Thank you for supporting the team, they provided suggestions and a lot of help, the knowledge they had at each respective level was very helpful for the professionals who were in front, because they were dialogues of great knowledge and growth, we did not have much interaction but seeing how fluid That they went with everyone else is more than enough for me, thank you so much for all the help you provided, I hope we can one day be teammates. :heart::heart:

Last edited:
I really hate typing out shoutouts but I know for a fact troller wants me to write them lol

Before the auction, I really did not expect to be drafted. I'd made a conscious effort throughout the year to play as much SS as possible to try to establish myself in the tier, but after messing up both circuit playoffs and masters due to some stupid irl decisions, I felt like I'd have to wait another year at least.

So it was a real shock to be picked and then to come away with a trophy is such an unexpected result. It was a really fun tour and I'm really proud of my own effort as well, especially winning a tricky endgame in finals really felt like a culmination of the skills I've spent so long trying to improve. Still have a long way to go though.

-----------

Heroic Troller before this tour I knew that you were the RBY goat but also figured you'd only pay attention to that tier. Instead you helped with almost everything and really elevated the whole team to another level. I think you spent the most time on SS though, and I really appreciate how much time you put into helping me build and test, but also the confidence you had in me from the start. I'm so glad I got to team with you and we definitely didn't win this without the insane effort you put in, to say nothing of your (expected) fantastic record. Congrats on finally getting the trophy! And also sorry for giving you a heart attack by hitting below 5 seconds on the timer every week.

blunder reyscarface I really appreciate that you guys were willing to take a punt on me in the draft. It's crazy to me that you both have had to wait this long to finally get this trophy. I think everyone knows how good you guys are at managing, but the aspect that stood out to me most was how fantastic the team environment was. Was pretty awesome having two managers who could help out with SS too. Congrats on the trophy.

SoulWind Having your advice on my builds every week was such a massive boost. Especially week 1 you passing a team def steadied me when I was letting the pressure of the tour get to me a little. Also that semis team was really cool too even if it didn't work out, I really like the way you build. The effort you put into the other tiers and your consistent wins were massive too.

myjava Mada Was awesome seeing you guys both go so far positive. Was also fantastic how much effort you guys put into helping the rest of the team throughout the season. Mada, I think you were scouting for the whole team but me every week and Java I appreciated your effort to recreate so many opponents teams to test vs. me early on. This all on top of the mountain of work you two did in SV. Was really fun playing tests with you both throughout the season too.

CTC It's absolutely stunning how good you are at building and playing in sv, even after the ban you absolutely carried us. Your timer advice before the last game came in clutch too. Really glad you still get the trophy.

BlazingDark Luispeikou Ash KetchumGamer Thanks for testing with me a few times throughout the season. You guys always brought a great energy to the chat and had some nice games. Though Mister Sauce is too fantastic of a name to not go back to, BlazingDark.

Dridri457 I feel like we were in a similar situation, both in our first spl and going with similar records. You hyped everyone up all the time and it was so fun watching your games every week, I'm glad you did really well. Especially your finals game was just an awesome match.

CrashinBoomBang CyberOdin✝ Rubyblood pkThunderbolt DonSalvatore Poek Vert august Tobes @AICorder Didn't get to interact with you guys as much in a mons context but was awesome getting to talk to you all throughout the season. You were such positive presences in the server and genuinely made it that much more fun to be in. CyberOdin I love how much you hype people up and CBB, Rubyblood & Poek watching you guys clutch up in playoffs was heat even if I was dying of sleep deprivation.

-----------

ninjadog cleann Nat Chloe Drifting Sjneider Fylkir Pudin Luthier vesper freezai @FortniteLeaderboard Specs fish anemometer etern March Fires Aberforth z0mOG 3d clean Kingrock4334 it's tago! BeatsBlack Zankyou Frito AriJimo cyberas Lambo_murphy44 I wiwina kam ewebike Kiribati

false 因为你讨厌吉尔伯特语,所以这里有一条与基里巴斯无关的中文信息

Go Tyrants.

Last edited:

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Damn where do i even start with this. This is my first SPL in 5 years and it feels so epic to return and be able to win a trophy that I have had my eye on since SPL7 (2016). I honestly had no intention to ever return to playing this tournament because it takes so much effort and time and i'm busier now (aka not age 15-20), but after seeing my Tyrants get 10th place last year, I was not going to allow that to happen ever again so I told Rey let's fucking run it. Also i found out that Tyrants made it to finals tiebreak AGAIN in 2022 with an ABR version of the team and STILL LOST and I was like omg wtf is this curse.

This team means so much to me ever since I first played for Tyrants in SPL 9 which was our first edition. We went to semifinals and lost narrowly with a totally cracked roster featuring me, lavos, rey, dice, and more. Even though we lost, the vibe was very fun and our team was really strong too so it was chill, but we were obviously angry that we didn't win the tournament. The following year was SPL X and I knew I wanted to win the tournament more than anything after winning smogon tour that previous summer and wanted to prove that I was the best player in the game. Funny thing is, me and reyscarface were not even friends until SPL X to be honest. In fact I thought rey was a total dickhead since he had beef with CTC and HUGO and those are my big slatts. anyone who was in the old olt group knows that me and rey would beef hard LOOOL, i was not fucking with him at all. But get this, none of my friends wanted to spend the 25k on me in splX so I was like nahhh fuck yall im making my own team then. So i hit Rey up a month or two before SPL X draft and said "yo I want to play on tyrants again, none of my friends will buy me fuck them, will you buy me im gonna be a lot of money and I have like five friends I want you to buy." And he said "sure bro lets cook" and i was like "wtf this guy is chill af we about to cook." This team was born outta malice lmaoooo so just know we never saw ourselves as villains in spl 10, we were the protagonists!!! And that's when I put together my first draft ever. The SPLX tyrants featuring me joe ctc poek ict marcop christo and more man we had all my friends lmaoooo. It felt good, especially after the douchebag td team (INCLUDING REY) denied me and soulwind a manager position for SCL. So it was nice of rey to let me draft for SPL X with him. Thats why this SPL really feels like my second time managing because I was very involved SPL X with our draft and all our slots. I knew what we needed to fix and I was very ready to give it my all this season.

This is my first time winning this tournament and my third time in the finals. I've been pretty fortunate to have made playoffs 7 of the 8 times I have played this tournament, thanks to amazing managers and teammates alike. Smogon Premier League is without a doubt the hardest tournament on site to win and also the reason why it is the most prestigious.

This season was not easy at all even if we felt like we were dominating after a 4-0 regular season run and first place in standings. This was nothing new to me at all, I was apart of the Tyrants in SPL 9/10/11 where we were infamous for farming regular season and then getting slapped in the playoffs. Farming regular season in SPL is literally burned into my mind, since SPL7 where me shake and ojama took these jokers to a 7-1-1 regular season into finals. But come playoffs this tournament turns into a whole other beast and I have always struggled to be able to help my team fully when it comes to the final stretch. My greatest regret on this site is obviously losing SPL 10 for my team. To me, the splx tyrants is the greatest team of all time and us losing that tournament is beyond embarassing, but lmao karma has its way right, i talked too much shit to get away w that tournament. I am not mad about it, it served as motivation always and something that stuck with me forever about what I myself have to improve on as a player and person.

As I said before, this is the hardest tournament on the site. It has become very clear to me that the superteams that used to exist in previous iterations of this tournament, simply do not exist anymore. Teams are extremely close in skill level nowadays and they will continue to get closer to where this tournament truly can be won by any team. I mean look at these finals, it was going to be history making with Tyrants or Tigers taking home the first time franchise win. Getting into our own draft, this season was difficult no doubt about it. Power rankings put us right in the middle which pleased me, because we usually get last. We spent big money on 3 of our guys and I knew we needed them to put in work every week or this would be very difficult. I also had high hopes for many of our 3-5k players to where I did not want them to feel like "this is my first spl i'll take it easy." I wanted to draft only players who I knew were ready to play this tournament for a full 11 weeks and give it their all. So we start the tour off, and we narrowly win the first four weeks 7-5, with some legendary moments like mister fucking sauce defeating GSC legend Fear, to win us week 1 and set the tone for what we were gonna do this season. I remember week 1 I woke up to Damien beating Mdb2 and in my head, I was like yhhhhhh blunde mourinho does it again pussies. Anyways by week 4, we basically all knew we were making it to playoffs, but me and Troller were so fucking careful of not getting overconfident. We had learned our lesson from SPL X and knew that this tour is not over until it is literally fucking over and you win. Despite our enthusiasm to fix mistakes from our previous Tyrants runs, we were met with tough roadblocks this season! We lost a player before the tournament even began and had to move slots around to fill a GSC slot, shoutouts my goat BD for being ready to play on such short notice, truly the definiton of a team player and a guy that you just wanna see win when he plays. And then came the true disaster event... THEY BANNED CTC!!!! Oh man I was so fucking mad that day u shuda seen me on discord sending out ultimatums that were all met with, "tuff bro, he still gets the trophy if u win tho." All good tho, as a wise man said, "If they gon hate, let em hate." I was really looking forward to seeing CTC finish this tournament with 10 wins and a trophy after he has supported me in so many of my deep tournament runs and some of my most epic displays. I wanted to give my full support to my bro and help him have his GOAT comeback season so this ban truly left a sour taste in my mouth, especially seeing the reason he was banned, and how much he has given to the competitive growth of this game and the community, but no matter we still won with fantastic displays in SV and a great mastery of teambuilding and teampicking throughout the entire tournament in the tier.

Man it was not easy to find the optimal lineup for this team. If you look at the spreadsheet you will see that every player on our team played at least 4 games. That's because im really blunde mourinho in this bitch trying to figure out week after week what our strongest lineup is going into playoffs (spoiler, we still don't know what it is LOL!!!). I am so fucking proud of my guys for clinching the first four weeks with narrow 7-5 victories, because it gave us the ability to switch our lineup up a lot during the following weeks and find what variation was best. As playoffs came around, I was confident we would win this tournament as long as we kept up our same level of efforts and continued to test with each other and be open to criticism and learning. In semifinals, even when we were down 2-5 to I did not lose hope for even one minute as I knew we were getting a bit unluckier and that our guys have the fucking winners mentality when it matters and we can do this. I knew as long as we get to 6-6, our tiebreaker core is going to win against anyone. I mean fuck dude I spent like 100k on troller/soulwind/cbb/ctc/poek, they better have been ready for whatever tier we needed to play in tiebreak. Seeing us come back from 2-5 to 5-5 to 5-6 to 6-6 was just so insane for my heart lmaoooo what an epic day especially when luis clinched vs fucking xavgb with tinkaton moltres offense so that troller soulwind and java could alleyoop it in tiebreak. However, i will say that in finals we did not play as well as we should have and this is a core Tyrants issue that we still have not fixed and one that I will continue to iron out and hopefully eliminate by next year. We were up 5-2 and then let it slip to 5-5 before winning 7-5 and avoiding tiebreak. I commend our team for breaking the tiebreak tradition, but slipping from 5-2 is unacceptable. I'd say in general we pulled decent matchups in finals and had a couple moments of good fortune so there is no excuse. Finals is finals though, I know firsthand how demanding and intimidating it can be, so if i sound like a stickler forgive me, I just want you all to be great always, I know you guys all are. To the Circus Maximus Tigers, i want to say ggz, you guys had a very strong team and did well to cleanse the reputation the tigers previously had of being a meme team. You guys came in with a very strong team and I can say I was impressed and inspired by your SV multiple times. Take this loss as motivation for the future, even if right now it feels like the last few months were all for nothing. That's why SPL is the hardest and most rewarding tournament on this site. 11-13 weeks can all feel like a waste after one Sunday. Anyways yeah swag we won spl lets do some shoutouts, no particular order except my goat troller is gonna be first sorry kiddos u already know

sike first lemme shoutout the guys that helped us out despite not being on the team.

bruno AKA AICORDER: tbh I wanted you to join our server just for the good vibes and because you are literally my oldest friend on this online shit besides ctc, cbb, etc. But when I remembered you were the fucking dpp super goat, I was like ohhhh shit this is going to be a nasty chefjob when I mix the dridri plays w the bruno teams = ZERO DARK THIRTY. Thank you for helping my boy with prep and just all around being a dope guy. You are one of my best friends and our friendship goes far past this game.

august : another one of my oldest friends, thank you my og for helping out in DPP, you actually wrote quite a bit I realized in terms of explaining teams and how to play vs certain styles. I know you are busier these days so I really appreciate you still taking time out of your days to help out when you could. You've always been really good to me and ctc and we will be ready to draft on you when your inevitable comeback tour happens. Thank you for always keeping it chill and being a funny motherfucker.
Jayde: i cannot believe soulwind legitimately asked you for help with his teams. That's called clout fr. Also lmao we won spl in weak era i know, please spare me the jokes. Thanks for always being a loyal supporter and a bro. Similar to august, when you make your inevitable comeback tour, I will be here to buy you.

Tobes : Another one of my OGs. Thank you as always for your help in RBY and always just being a pleasant presence to be around. This shoutout dates back to even SPL X when you were helping Troller. He is very picky about RBY everything so knowing that working with you alleviates any of his workload is such a relieving feeling for me since I can't help in RBY at all and I'm focused on helping in team preview.

ABR one of my best friends on the site, cant believe we have been tight since we were literally 15 years old, shit is so crazy man. thank you for the help with gen6/7 in the finals. you have always been ready to drop everything and help me and the guys out on a whim and have carried me so much in the past years especially my prime lmaoooo. cant wait to win wcop with you and see you reclaim OUR tier.

special shoutout to Giannis Antetokommo-o ima lax Vert CTC for always keeping me up to date with SV and being there to bounce ideas off of. We literally own gen9 bros. Shoguns taking everything. shoutouts my goat Storm Zone for the OST ring too. also shoutouts to my boy Blimax who is one of the smartest minds in SV OU period. Genius tinglu/dozo/cinderace/specs kyurem team which ctc brought week4 and shaped a lot of metagame teams

Heroic Troller :
I probably can never thank you enough for the carry job you have done for me on multiple occasions in this tournament. You are one of my best friends I have met on this site and your truthful and genuine personality is something that is so rare in general that I am truly honored to call you my bro and my teammate. You are also one of the funniest guys I've ever met. You were absolutely the third manager of the team, and honestly did more than both me and Rey. You tested with every single player in generations 1-8 and gave advice on every team as well as answering to all pings. I know before this season you did not expect anything like that, and just expected to play some RBY games for fun. You took the team on your fucking back and told me that if we are returning for the chip that we need to give it our all, and it really motivated me and CTC to not slack for even one minute in SV. Seeing you meticulously prepare with all of our guys, while also giving real life advice on how to calm nerves and emotions, was nothing short of inspiring. And this doesn't even touch on the fact that you are an autowin slot and went 9-3 for us. You also talk the most shit ever but back it up every single time, real thug shit, who the hell is competing with you? Still makes me laugh that a certain mosquito I made quit in 2019 tried to step to youand got spanked in tiebreak, thats how it goes though. There is never going to be another Heroic Troller. No one has established dominance in a tier the way you have doneso in RBY. There is Heroic Troller, and then the rest in this tier. That's how it's going to end too. Thank you for winning me this chip brother, I am so fucking happy to share this moment with you, and I know we will share some more when we feel like returning for more action.

Mada:
madara-laptop-madara-fast-reading.gif
U already know im posting this gif LMAOOOOOOO real video footage of Mada putting together scout logs every week in 5 minutes. I don't even know where to begin with you dude. So we find out our GSC player is banned right after the draft and we're like yeah ok whatever classic nerf tyrants smogon hates us so much bs blahblahblah so after i took off my tinfoil hat i started scanning through the signups. Someone brings your name up to me and goes "he went 5-0 in wcop but went undrafted" I immediately knew that was impossible bc who the fuck wouldnt draft someone who went 5-0 LMAOOO i'd know for sure. But I saw your profile you had nice badges and everyone we asked about you gave a good review. So we were like fuck it lets send our nicest ambassador (CBB) to hit him up and see if he's down to play with us or if he thinks we're weird. And thankfully you were down to join us! You are truly a star Mada, I have not see a new player put in effort the way you have in a very very long time. This is your first time in a big tour and we got you on a whim and you gave full 100% every single week, not only for yourself when you were thrown into the lineup, but for every other starter every single week. You even stepped it up in playoffs by making the scouts even more precise and helping us notice trends of how our opponents were counterteaming their own opponents each week. But back to you as a player. You knew fully well from the beginning where your limitations as a player were and what you needed to improve on and where to learn. And that's why I loved teaming with you, because you never whined, you never complained, you just kept practicing and took all your losses in stride. You always worked with CTC and stayed the course. I have never cared much for records, but I am certainly proud of your 4-1 and you should be as well, because your hard work earned these wins and no one works as hard as you. During this season when we would play test games, I would feel you starting to get stronger as we kept playing more games, until you started predicting and owning me lmaoooo. You are cognizant of your own abilites and where to improve and that's why I know with more practice and fine tuning you will be a total threat in this tier. Cheers buddy, I can't wait to root for you in the future.

myjava:
magic javanson in the flesh. I think this gif should suffice. As ctc said, you are simply a young prodigy. CBB has been gassing you up for 2 years, so it goes without saying that we always had an eye on you, albeit nothing too close. The last time CBB shilled a player this hard to me, it was marcop in SPL X, who ended up being one of the greatest teammates I've ever had to this day, so I knew better than to ignore. And thank god I didn't. Week 4 CTC was feeling exhausted, I guess baby's first time starting since week 1 took too much energy, and so we decided to start you just to test the waters and see what lineup flexibility we had. You set the tone strong with a big win over oldspicemike, one of the premier players in OU. I remember I dmed you during the first few weeks that I need you to stay on top of the ladder as you had been doing and stay knowledgable about SV so that if we need you to start you are ready, and you said say no more and literally stayed fucking top 10 on the SV OU ladder for the last 90 days. I have literally seen myjava farm every single one of you tour players on the same alt of his with zama boots spam. There's so much I can say about you, but like Mada, my favorite part is that you are willing to work hard and listen to criticism always. CTC and myself can sometimes be overly blunt but you never get offended or complain, you are always ready to sharpen your game. I had so much fun testing with you, for my own gain too, I remember I played games with you before my ost series vs welli0u, and i felt mad good afterwards because you gave me such close and quality matches. I know you are not satisfied with your performance in the playoffs, but cut yourself a break, it's still your first tournament and playoffs and you stepped up for us in a way that cannot be matched. And your finals game is much more team sabotage, than anything you did wrong in the battle. Be proud of yourself buddy, you are an incredible player and will be one of the leaders of this generation, it's no doubt in my mind at all. Also your scout log from this year is literally insane, how do you even prepare for someone like this. This type of versatility in ur debut? GOAT. Retain next year and run it back with CTC? Also peep this log, cbb is literally clairvoyant lmaooo

Poek : My twin. I was shocked when you dmed me asking to draft you for SPL and that you wanted to play if I was managing. I thought you had long quit and after I had dragged you into SCL 2022 which you did not want to even play, I did not wanna ever force you to play against your will again. But when you told me you wanted to be a Tyrant again, I needed 0 explanation, we were getting you and that was final. As always, you let me throw you wherever we needed and despite hating SM, you still played it and practiced. It's a shame that it didn't pan out well but whatever we enjoyed SV 10x more and played it way more than SM this season, so I was so happy when you finally got a chance to start in playoffs in SV after begging me all season to be put in SV, but I literally could not put u there buddy. BUT I SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE HOLY SHITTTT U WENT LEPOEK JAMES IN THE SEMIFINALS AND FINALS AND I ALREADY KNOW IF WE WENT TO TIEBREAK THAT YOU WOULD HAVE WON THAT TOO JUST LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE IN SPL X BUT I LOST. Man it brings me so much joy that you got to win us the final game and win us the trophy, because thats exactly how SPL X should have ended. All good though, we won it 5 years later. Your finals game is a great reflection of you as a player. Cool, Calm, and Collected in the clutch and ready to lock it down for the rest of the team. It's such a good feeling to have a teammate that can tell everyone "I fucking got this don't worry," and he really got it. You played an amazing game and somehow ogerpon didn't 6-0, in fact it got 0 kills so actually ill blame ur fraud opponent more than praise you, NAHHH im joking ur sheist. I love you dude, winning this with you is the best feeling ever, and I feel like I can finally pay you back for SPL X. You are always going to be the greatest team preview player of all time to me, haters can say whatever they want. (or its 2017 posho)

Luispeikou : mr briney, we have been acquaintances for a very long time. Borja is one of my closest friends for damn near a decade and he has always talked very highly of you as a team player and as a person, and he's a great judge of character so I've always had respect for you. tbh when he told us to get you during the draft it came as a big surprise to literally no one, but I knew your potential and ability from sharks the previous year so I knew you would pull your weight. And you really did man, learning SV on the fly this season and putting in the work after realizing what an intensive tier this is. As I have stated so many times in this post already, SV is a tough tier and takes a lot of practice to stay up to date. You realized this and didn't leave things up to chance. I am proud of you stepping up to the plate and winning some extremely important games, especially vs xavgb in one of the most insane games I've ever witnessed. You are a good presence always and a witty guy, take care Luis I look forward to facing off in WCOP.

damien the genius : YOU CAN'T KILL A GENIUS!!! God I am so proud of you. You are so fucking good at Pokemon dude. There are a few players when I watch their games, you see lord plays and you're like aww yeah this guy is so fun to watch. That's you. I saw all of your masters games when scouting for potential players to get for gen 6-8, and I remember you had a blacephalon team with tapu fini and landorus-t, and you wen to blacephalon on urshifu CC on like turn 5. and then DID IT AGAIN ON LIKE TURN 10. AND IT WORKED BOTH TIMES. I saw that and I immediately wrote you down as someone I wanted because I knew you had superpowers immediately after that. Even though you were on AUS timing, it was never too hard to communicate with you and we were always able to converse about team options and play test games, which btw I enjoyed a lot. You never brought boring ass do nothing teams vs me in our tests and I really quite enjoy SS these days and I credit our testing and talking about the metagame for that. You have a very bright future in this game because you are always willing to look at your games and see where you messed up, even when haxed. You also always bring teams with win conditions that you confidently pilot every time. I cannot be prouder of your finals game, you played vs an incredible player who is known for his clutch factor, and you called like 5 double switches in a row at the end to win. I was legit yelling when I saw you poison jab the weavile switch, you are such a beast!!! Enjoy this cup Damien, we were never winning this tournament without you.

DonSalvatore : A man of few words, but we know how much you care about winning for the team. A lot of things didn't go your way this tournament and I know you are a bit disappointed with how your playoffs games went, but do not let it get to you. You had one hell of a 2023 on this site, and 2024 is shaping up nicely too with this SPL win. You put in the effort this tournament, and sometimes the game doesn't reward us for it. But you are a fantastic player and kept a positive vibe always. You were always open to criticism and I know it can be hard when there is so many of us giving opinions. You had many clutch wins for us this tournament. Never forget that we never won a week better than 7-5 this tournament, meaning that every single win is the reason we won this tournament. If I can be so humble as to offer you some advice going forward, stay calm always and trust in yourself. You have a very high potential, I know because from our tests you have totally outplayed me and beaten me many times, you just need to trust yourself more in tournament. But you will get there soon. Cheers!

Dridri457 : BEING A BASTARD WORKS!!! Man you are so fun to talk with bro, you always have some funny stuff to say and you just breathe this game and always talk about how you wanna win for the Tyrants and smash the opponent and it hypes everyone up so fucking much lmaooo. @kratosmana told me very early on in the tournament that you are a great player but you love crazy team choices and I was very pleased to hear that because I have always been of the opinion that unpredictable sets are needed to win in playoffs. You were truly a hidden gem that I would not have found without @TonyFlygon so thank you very much to him for recommending you as I asked him for some suggestions pre-season. So make no mistake, we always wanted to get Dridri457 as our DPP player because we knew he was a gem. Dude you are so confident in yourself and so many times you told us you made a play because you just knew what the other guy would do. I'll never forget how much I laughed when you predicted Le Don's Latias to switch out of your Breloom and you superpowered his switchin and then said "sorry, i dont like to win by predicting." You are seriously too good man, and all of this after playing for such a short time is nothing short of incredible. You are on your way to becoming a household name in this tier and I cannot wait to see your performance in the future. I will be cheering for you always buddy. Personal highlight moment of yours for me is your game vs malekith week 4. We were up 6-5 and they were talking so much shit to us and we werent saying shit. And then you outplayed every fucking turn with a scarf swampert and clinched the week for us. Man, I was literally jumping up and down after seeing that game you legitimately got every single turn right on a DPP legend and won us the week as a SPL newcomer. Ice Cold.

CrashinBoomBang : Mannnnnnnn it's too many things I could say here. Not much I can say that you don't already know but you are one of my best friends since the day I started this game and one of the dozen or so people I even met IRL from online because you are that much of a real brother to me. When you told us you wanted to play for us pre-season it was non negotiable for us to get you, fully well knowing that we needed to get Troller and that you were gonna eclipse 20k. But you told me you wanted to win with the guys and that was enough for me. I know this season's results is not your ideal performance but in the end you won in the finals in a huge game. Honestly though, fuck the game. You are the greatest ORAS OU builder of all time and one of the big reasons the tier has continued to evolve and has such an active and engaged playerbase, SHOUTOUTS TO JONAS TOO xray (MY GOAT AKA THE SAVIOUR OF ORAS). And as a person marco, you are just too epic, thanks for always being a big bro to me and giving me irl advice and just being there for me in some tough times. You are also the funniest person I have ever met tied with CTC. It is epic that 10 years later we can still laugh for an hour straight about the stupidest shit ever. looking forward to our next meetup with roro and jayde. shoutouts pfefferminz. Zur mitte, zur titte, zum sack zack zack. Love you buddy, we finally fucking did it. YOU DID IT MOTHERFUCKER.

SoulWind : HAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT BRO WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN PLAYOFFS EXACTLY??? HOLY FRAUD WATCH WEE WOO WEE WOO.
Sorry bro I had to, as your biggest supporter you know I gotta absolutely fry you when you deserve it. Nah, im fucking w you, im so glad you got to win this spl after last years bullshit robbery fest. You have been one of my closest friends for damn near a decade and i have so much fun trolling with you 24/7 i mean shit we barely even talk about pokemon lmaooo. Tbh you were always an option in our draft but we never were like "Yeah we need to get soulwind," because we expected to spend like 50k on troller + cbb. Then the draft happened and we were like fuck it lets just spend 80k on all 3. And then we did LMFAO. I knew when we bought you that even if you performed poorly in regular season, that in tiebreak you would be ready to destroy anybody. You are literally lebron james dude, good in every tier, good forever, haters can tag you and talk in as many of your stours matches as they want, the goat is now #1 in trophies yeah yeah yeah keep hating. However! I must say that you exhibited extreme LOW T BEHAVIOR with your team choices this SPL. Next time I pay 30k for you which I definitely will do again next year you better be ready to bring that fuggin offense. Nah but on the real, every time you win it brings me so much joy seeing one of my boys continue to further his legacy. You've always been genuinely on my side and your fiery personality and willingness to go kamikaze is something that I value a lot. You are real as fuck and not gonna shut up if you think something is bullshit, and that's why we get along so fucking well to this day. People are actually afraid of you on this site lmaooo but to me you are just a big teddy bear that trolls all day. Can't wait to hang out with you and Poek in the future. OH ALSO NO WAY THIS GUY DOES THIS FRAUD PLAYOFFS PERFORMANCE AND THEN MAKES A POST SAYING "UH YEAH UNBAN LUGIA" HAHAHAHHA WTF? INFRACT TBH

pkThunderbolt : You were a very fun guy to have on the team, I remember the day I found out you were Italian and living in Italy I was certain people were fucking with me, because I remember you described one of our players as "Ice Cold" and I was like what kinda italian from italy talks like that LMAOOOO. That day was so funny when you started talking with troller in Italian and he was like WTF Leech is Italian??? Your performance may have been rocky this season but as I said already, we never won a week better than 7-5 which means every damn win mattered and you definitely did contribute to this win. You were always willing to prep with the team and explore some crazy options in the builder as well as in battle and I value that a lot. ADV is a very demanding tier with one of the most intimidating playerbases and you were able to hold you own well. You meshed well with our team environment as well and were very supportive of everyone, win or lose and I really value you making everyone feel good.

Rubyblood : Oh man where to start with this guy. What a fucking boss personality LOOOL. I remember we talked last summer for the first time and you told me you were on the Tyrants before and would love to be on the team again. So when I decided to manage I already had you in mind, especially because I was always a fan of your gameplay, especially in SV seeing you cook everybody in SCL. I was really happy when we got you in SPL since I had you in basically every draftplan, either for SV or GSC. I know you are not totally satisfied with your SV run this SPL, but you got quite unlucky early on and had some things gone your way you would have ended overwhelmingly positive I think. But that being said, you never let things deter you. I specifically remember the week that you were on the bench, you went out of your way to help all of our SV slots and you made teams for both java and mada. It took a real boss to step up to the plate like that and put his ego aside and continue to help the team. You are the fucking man Rubyblood, and I am so happy you were able to put on the display you did in finals. It's a perfect representation of you as a player, similar to how I felt about damien's final games. You live and breathe this shit and your heart is always in the right place. Trust yourself, and you have what it takes to defeat anybody in this game.

BlazingDark : man this guy never fails to crack me up ever. Just like Rubyblood, you live and breathe this game man, you are always willing to test and give advices and in general be a positive presence. You are always smiling and being a voice of reason after a loss telling the team to not panic or think about it and continue to move forward. It is very important to have this mentality in any team tour and you were perfect in that regard, always telling us to focus on the big picture and win. Your week 1 win will always be one of the craziest things I saw this season when you clinched us the win. Mister Fucking Sauce man. And that wasn't even your only clinch LMAOOO you clinched us the week not once, not twice, but THREE FUCKING TIMES!!! You are an animal BD, I can't wait to see more from you in tournaments.

Ash KetchumGamer : You're a guy that I've known for quite a while and someone I was excited to team with this year. You always kept a positive attitude and even when you got hit with computer trouble, you still were active af and willing to test with us on phone. You even learned SV on the fly in the beginning even though we knew you preferred gens 6-8, and you got us some very important wins in the first four weeks. We definitely could not have won this tournament without your carry in weeks 1-4 Ash so you should really feel proud of yourself for the efforts you gave this team. I am happy to have won this trophy with you and look forward to cheering for you down the line in OLT and what not.

CyberOdin✝ : When you dmed me to buy you I was like "how has no one bought cyberodin?" And I thought to myself, "Cyberodin is a fucking OG of the game, how tf can this man be in my dms begging to be bought, NAHHHH I'm buying him you noobs bout to see what old guard looks like." Lmaooo I am proud of you Odin, you kept up team morale always and played some important games for us, especially your massive win week 4 which helped us to win the week. You are a guy that I have known since 2012 back when we were battling on BW OU ladder and you were beating my ass with tentacruel bronzong mienshao sand. Im happy to win with you my hermano

CTC : Had to save the best for last. You are the greatest player and builder of all time it's not much else to say bro. You were there w me on my competitive Pokemon journey since day 1 and I couldn't have had a better friend to be there along the way w me. You have taught me so much about this game over the years and have helped me perfect my craft to becoming one of the best. I could never have had the success I had in tournaments back in 2016-19 without your help and my SPL X run was fully credited to you making me teams that were so ahead of everyone else in the metagame back then during Gen 7 OU. When you got banned I was so fucking angry at you, especially because me troller and cbb all told you that you were going to get banned for it and you still did not listen. You are the most adamant person I have ever encountered, it's actually annoying sometimes, but that same +atk -spatk nature is why we fucking won this tournament because after your ban you made sure that not one thing in SV OU would happen without you signing off. You were prepping for four slots every week since week 1, this has not been fucking seen since ABR back in 2017-18. The carry job you did on this team will be studied for generations. Outside the game you already know how much you mean to me as a bro. I can't thank you enough for how much work you put in this season. I knew you were the best SV OU player going into the tour but I still did not expect this level of work ethic, no one could. GOAT. OH ALSO LMAO 0 GOUGING FIRE USED IN FINALS. YEAH REALLY BROKEN MON. THANKS FOR BANNING CTC THO. GOOD GUYS WIN STILL

reyscarface : We have come a long way bro. Many different versions of the Tyrants, and I'm gonna be honest it is incredible that this is the version we won with lmaoooo. I'm proud of you for sticking with this team always and always trying to finetune the draft and managing strategy to win. You are the greatest drafter in SPL history to me and I knew that if you were returning to SPL to manage that I wanted to mangage or play always because we will always have a real shot at the trophy with you at the helm. I could not have asked for a better partner in this shit and I look forward to us steering this ship to more rings in the future. I know you said you are quitting but yeah i'm sure your fatass is going to retire when you have 10k ctc/java retain. yeah fucking right LOL. You never fail to make me laugh or just be a bro when I need you to, and even if you are busy 24/7 with being a doctor you still made time for the team always. I miss the days in 2018-19-20 when we would all just chill on discord, me u lavos obii abr lasse etc and just talk about bullshit for hours. man we've grown up a lot hahaha. i'm really happy for you brother, you have deserved this ring for a while and i am happy i got to spin back from spl X and get it right for you. Like I said though, 0% chance you don't return for next year.

Gilbert arenas : You are the goat bro and the heart and soul of the Tyrants franchise. It's a damn shame that we couldn't get you on the team the time we fucking win it, but you can blame pix for that. Either way, you have carried my fatass many times in 3 different tournaments and I swear im gonna go lebrofist james in world cup and win you this trophy man. Thank you for all you've done for the Tyrants over the years and being my bro. buy you a beer soon when we link up.

I wanna give a quick shoutouts to my SPL 10 team one more time. I know I have referenced SPL X like fifty times in this post, but it was the greatest experience of my pokemon career and the most fun I have ever had playing this game. It brings some emotions to me that I could write about for hours, and I truly hope all of you can have a similar experience. aim Gilbert arenas Heroic Troller Christo Poek emforbes We Three Kings ict GaryTheGengar Mana sulcata Accel CTC Rodriblutar Sam I Yam Hogg Jarii It woulda felt great to win it for you all but ill settle for this one!

I'll be back to take Tyrants next year for the repeat. Til next time Smogon.

THE CURSE IS FINALLY OVER. DRAGONSPIRAL TYRANTS 2024 SPL CHAMPIONS WOOHOO!!!!
also lifetime 1-0 manager 2ez

Last edited:

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
1712620091924.png

On behalf of CTC:​

Ash KetchumGamer: My guy, really chill and always lending a helping hand to the team. It’s unfortunate that your laptop broke which derailed your availability to play this season but you stayed supportive, offering help and testing to our other guys. Great player and won us important games to win key weeks, shame we were not to be able to see you on the stage more this spl. You are funny and jovial and we enjoyed your presence on the team. Thanks for the testing and believing in crazy techs (shoutout ske)

BlazingDark: Mister Sauce himself. Really stepped up and won some huge games for us, always a positive and warm presence on the team cracking funny jokes, and the all-in approach you took in your games is infectious and motivated us to go crazy when backed into a corner. Closing out 4 weeks in a row for us to start the season is some protagonist shit and you helped cook with ruby who inherited the will of the sauce. What a performance!

CrashinBoomBang: My mf brother. The season started out rocky because of your adamant attitude like a goddamn conkeldurr, but your persistence on solving the meta payed off… which we knew was gonna happen since literally everybody farms wins with your teams. You are the epitome of the tyrant spirit, fighting til the end and one to never give up. All the times you ran into unwinnable mu, got sabotaged by 90% acc missing, and simply missplayed, you took it to heart humbly and never made excuses. Our trust in you never wavered since we have been bros for eons but wow did you show up to play in the clutch moments. When you make a sheist play that does not work out, you are the LAST person to be defeatist and give up, you double down on that motherfucker and put your nuts on the table even in the most dire of situations. We all admire your insane courage to use some of the craziest teams imaginable in a solved tier, primarily solved by yourself no less. Watching your games is a joyride that either ends in climactic euphoric relief or ass clenching anxiety or every emotion in between, and I would be your teammate and supporter any time without question. 3-0 in finals let the man’s game speak for itself. I'm glad we can finally share this win since it is long past due for you, one of the greatest players this game has seen. Now we can tell the haters to lutsch meinen!

CyberOdin: My amigo from wayyyy back in the pokemon-online days. I still remember facing your jellicent tentacruel semistall in bw and you have been good for so long. Glad to share this journey with you because you bring energy to our team like only you can. You won some important games for us and you are always ready to test, and I am speaking for everyone on the team that every time you post ‘WE CAN THIS’ it gives the entire team a super saiyan boost. Deserving winner!

damien the genius: Wow what can I say about the genius. Blunder said that he noticed your playstyle and had an eye on you since masters, and not only were you dirt cheap, you went out and stood on business in some of our most important games. Semis you were plagued by terrible luck but afterwards still had a positive outlook on how the game could have been played differently, which shows true humility because personally I woulda called my opponent a lucky dipshit and called it a day. Your performance in the finals vs a clutch and renowned user is nothing short of extraordinary, you are always supportive and ready to help test, always humble to accept help or pick good, winning teams, but most importantly you are a beast at playing, a genius, even.

DonSalvatore: My dude, had a lot of fun talking and building sv with you but unfortunate that some things did not go your way this tournament. You always practice hard and engage in building with the teammates so it is a damn shame that things didn't go as well as they could have. Regardless of everything, you are a great player and we appreciate your positive presence on the team, including having the guts to always try different styles and give us a good shot at multiple tiers when we need you. Happy you got the trophy after masters!

Dridri457: THE DRI GOAT! Wow you impressed me this tournament, from what you said about your insane balls out approach to the madhouse tier, to your jolly nevergiveup attitude that gives even CBB a run for his money, you are a ray of sunshine on our team and a hidden gem that established himself as an up and coming big name in DPP. Not only did you dismantle some legends in our run and give us important wins to establish our early dominance, but your cool hands stayed active for playoffs. Amazing team picks to go along with your crazy instincts, its funny how you always are confident when you make soul reads even against some of the titans of this tier then come into chat saying ‘I knew he was gonna X so ofc I was gonna Y’ (even if it meant risking the game t1). You carried hard and played your heart out, it’s been an honor to watch dpp games with you participating.

Heroic Troller: OG tyrant brother. Finals MVP 2016 Lebron and I am not exaggerating. This guy is simply the most reliable player in history. Real slime shit. This guy talks the most shit and backs all of it up, makes disgusting plays and farms vets/noobs alike, and never ever complains. In a rng dominated tier, to stay as consistent as he has been and to be a unanimous goat, that is something only Troller can do. Not to mention the absurd amount of effort you put into every old gen ever, giving input and always leading the guys in the right direction with techs is something nobody could have replaced. This is without a shadow of doubt a tour we could not have won without every ounce of your input, and you left your fingerprints in almost every channel (yes I did tell you oldheads to stay tf out of SV and I was right). I’m so happy we got to team again and finally claim your rightful throne, because there is no greater security than having literal whitebeard behind you.

Luispeikou: An unexpected hero for us. You are a private guy and it's ok because you test so much with Soulwind and always lab with me meticulously until you know how to deal with every mu. I appreciate the dedication you put into learning the intricacies and techs of SV by playing a million games, humbly asking us for guidance in taking winning lines, and ultimately, you stepped up in some big must win games especially in the one vs xavgb, one of the best SV players on the site. What moves me is that despite being busy, you would still go on your phone and ask questions/show replays just so you can absorb as much information as possible, which goes to show that you are a team player to the highest degree and you made your bro soulwind and also myself proud. You really stepped up when we needed you, Spaniards really have the clutch gene.

Mada: I can not stress how this uncut diamond went under the radar of everybody. When you were on the bench, the amount of activity you provided was absurd. Not only did you actively help, discuss, and test, you provided assistance to every SV slot. We trusted you to start and you immediately won us over with your relentless pursuit for perfection. You would test teams over and over tweaking the smallest details, discussing every possible line and mu with me in chat. You not only impressed me with your immense effort, but the humility to improve every day and listen to critique really makes you shine. I am glad you won some of the most important games for us, especially in the playoffs, and I am absolutely honored to have had you as a partner for SV because I can't begin to describe the amount of effort you put in, responding to my every request and making simple my job directing all the SV slots. A true grassroot hero and a hidden MVP of our team.

Myjava: The prodigy. Myth. Legend. I knew that CBB has been shilling you for a while now, and when I had a busy week, I decided to tell the managers to sub you in over me to test the waters, and wow was that a great idea. Not only did you immediately embrace a tough SV environment, but you constantly ladder and improved even just over the span of the last couple months. The growth I’ve seen from you is astonishing, you have established your footing at the top of the SV pool by being a consistently good player who can pilot a variety of teams; you became someone to be feared and someone whose team choices cannot be countered. It is a joy to play our test games since you push me to my limits, and you are so good and smart that many things come naturally to you without me having to worry. I am astonished that a relatively new player can have such a grasp of the meta after this short period, and you embraced the diverse styles I shilled you because just like me you are an all-arounder who can play every style, which is a rare trait. You stepped up big time and played out of your mind this tour, I’m sorry there were some sabotages last min regarding team choice otherwise you would have completed your Magic Javanson rookie season finals MVP run unblemished. It doesn’t matter tho, you came out with the swagger of a veteran and stepped up in my absence, I can proudly say that you have absolutely been a fitting replacement for me when the team needed you the most.

pkThunderbolt: The fucking leech. The journey has been up and down but your energy has always been special. You won some clutch games in the season to get us in a good position, and you always make amazing teams which give us good matchups whether you are playing or not. Sometimes the plays are insane, but it takes a crazy player to beat some of the goats sometimes. I am happy that your efforts were appreciated and you were able to help yourself and odin claim some important weeks for us. You deserve this!

Poek: Another of my OG bros by proxy of blund, boy is he just talented at the game. Early season you told us you had some irl responsibilities and would not have the time to lab all the time, but we knew how much weight the username POEK holds in our hearts. A rocky season befell but when we needed you the most you sat us down and told us that you are willing to do whatever it takes to win for your tyrants brothers. In the playoffs, we literally labbed for hours and you went from losing to me 100x in a row to having a chance, to actually sheisting me towards the end in literally a few weeks. However, you are not winning back the $50 bucks u lost me for the shittalk games lmao you’re ass for losing literally every game! Jokes aside I am so proud of you because not only were you busy, you were in the middle of moving and had questionable availability/internet, yet you still put the team over your personal issues and talked with me late into the night about every possible line. The way you showed up in the big moments proves to the haters that they can never doubt you, as you are one of the most gifted players I have ever seen, to this day. Very glad we finally won this one after those past finals!

Rey: My fuckin brother from another mother who started off as my nemesis lmao, I’m glad that we settled our 5 year beef 5 years ago because man you are a cool ass dude and an amazing manager, not only managing personalities but also handling morale and technical issues alongside blunder. You have such a big personality and such a way of influencing people that the whole team listens to you and trusts you and blunder when you guys make decisions, because you two are amazing authority figures who are fair and considerate. You talk to the players every week to ensure everyone is on the same page, you put out different lineups and are always consistent with this draft shit like fucking Sam Presti, and you are definitely one of the goat managers in my book. I’m honored to play for you and proud to be a long time tyrant, and respect to you for always being present despite your busy job saving lives and shit. GOAT!

Rubyblood: My bro I'm glad you got your revenge game in the finals after an unfortunate start in SV. I believed in your SV skills even when games did not go your way because you are a beast in tests and you were killing it in OST, and only fell to unfortunate hax, which is a recurring theme in your losses… I remember you pming me every week to talk about the games, discuss new ideas and techs, and me telling you to keep your head up because those losses don’t mean you are not an amazing player. I’m glad you finally got your chance at some clean games and got rewarded with a dominant gsc win on the biggest stage, and I am so glad you clinched the tie for us and relieved the pressure of us tilting out of a 5-2 lead which is the reverse of last week’s situation. We had a great time discussing mons this season, and your talent for this game is undeniable. If you can stay consistent and play without emotions, you are certainly one of the top tier players on this site, and it’s even scarier because you build your own teams too.

SoulWind: Another day 1 brother of mine. I’m so glad that you are able to get this trophy to make up for that insane robbery last spl which I had to witness live. Needless to say you are one of the goats of this game and my fuckin bro so I always had trust in you to carry us in even the most dire situations. Not only did you have a plan to win us some clutch games, your Spanish connection also helped produce winners that answered when their name was called. You helped so many tiers with your experience and your presence is like having Michael Jordan on our team, which is such a relief for literally every tier. It sucks that this is only the second time we got to team up, and that you were forced to play ubers with us on the Shoguns in that shitty situation. I can’t imagine the homie from IDM PO skype call days would continue to dominate and become one of the literal 3 goats… and I am proud of you for achieving everything you have achieved because the trophies you were deprived of alone could make page 1 in the hall of fame. As always, you are the rock of our team alongside troller and as one of the big 4 you gotta show up when it matters (unless banned like myself L) which you did spectacularly. I still don’t know how tf you get away with using this pussy shit every gen every tier and still outplaying everyone for a decade straight, you may truly be one of the most uncounterable easily counterteamable players of all time.

Lastly but most importantly my brother Blunder: When we got owned in scl and wcop and you said we have GOT to lock in and win spl, I bought in. We have been playing this game for over a decade and our connection needs no explanation, but damn you even impressed me to a new degree as a manager. Not only did you do your homework and dig up some absolute gems with Rey in the pool of players including some first timers in spl that absolutely went berserk, but you also made insane managerial decisions week to week in order for us to test and optimize lineups. It’s insane to think that every single player on our full roster played at least 4 games, and the shifting around of our lineup is truly some Jose Mourinho magic. In addition, you are always here for me when it comes to teams, team picks, testing, and discussing. You supported gens 6-8 because you are still top 2 and not 2 in the masters tiers, and your ability to manage personalities and put people in places where they maximize their value is truly masterful. At the end of the day, there's no one else I am more willing to come out of retirement and start a full season for. I’m glad you are able to reap the rewards of your hard work all season from planning to execution, to knowing what to do even when my dumbass got banned and our lineup got severely sabotaged by unforeseeable circumstances. Truly some Phil Jackson zen master shit and the debut managerial win solidifies your legacy as not only one of the best players but also a mastermind tactician. Like I said my brother, all I see is ROJO. Shamone!

Honorary tyrants aicorder, August, Jayde and Tobes:
Shoutout to Bruno aka aicorder, August, Jayde and Tobes my long time bros for being old gen goats and holding it down when we needed help, you guys are some of the best of all time for a reason (minus Jayde) and your brilliant minds have been essential to our success. We could not have done it without you fr. All you guys I have known for years, you are not only brilliant players but always supportive and fun to be around, your hilarious presence is welcomed as always and I am truly thankful that you guys helped out even though you were not on the team. Blessed!

Shoutout legacy tyrants Christo, Hogg, Joey, Marcop, Mana, ict and co:
We did it for you! Especially marcop who was sabotaged out of our draft plan and who has carried the tyrants banner along with the entire team on his shoulders for years upon years. Thanks for testing and always shootin the shit w me regarding SV and being a tyrant at heart. There's no way we aren’t giving you blunder’s trophy come on bruh

Personal shoutout to my Shogun brothers Giannis, ima, Lax, Vert, and IDM bro Blim
Vert is my biggest helper and one of the main reasons our SV has been so dominant this season. He is without doubt the greatest SV mind to date, always giving me amazing ideas/testing my teams, and our joint creations are some of the most creative and well-rounded teams the tier has seen. Every time he gives me a team or an idea it just wins, this guy is a certified winner and it has become beyond obvious that the entire metagame revolves around Vert x CTC creations like how the splash brothers changed the game forever. Giannis, Ima, and Lax are always there to discuss ideas and give me feedback when I need them, and them being some of the best SV players pushes me to do my best. Giannis for example had an undeniable impact on popularizing a certain build with that hoopa ghold nite woger tusk zama team which shaped early meta and pushed woger to a position of dominance, even making some scrubs think that it is a bannable cheap mon (it’s not). Lax and Ima both are amazing editors and give me clutch modifications on many of my teams, in addition to being creative teambuilders themselves. I have taken so many golden ideas from the shoguns that I credit our SV prep success not only to our players but also these behemoths of the game, who unless paired together on the Shoguns are individually brilliant. Lastly, shoutout to blim for inspiring me with creative ideas and passing joey some fire teams which I got my hands on, your approach to the game is incredible and I am glad we got to ‘collab’ essentially, as I respect you a lot as a player. Furthermore, the Stallcord of which I am now a council member has actually been invaluable for me to learn and expand my repertoire. The discussions I had with supagmoney, knexhawk, quacc, and highvoltage all helped me bolster my vast expanse of archetypes as an uncounterable style bender.

In addition, personal shoutout to my IDM brethren, my fort chat with 3d, the best, gojo, pix, splash, togkey and others since you all held it down when I needed a break from mons, and one big shout out to my Kong brothers, you guys already know how much I appreciate the support you have given me for forever now. Special shoutout to Kumiko for giving me inspiration and having unique vision, being goated after coming back and learning the meta in such a short timeframe.

Finally, my Shogun brother Storm Zone, congrats on winning ost and being dominant in spl. It has been a pleasure facing off against you and witnessing your dominance in these tours, you have truly cemented yourself as one of the best players around currently.

Tigers, you have been some of our toughest opponents and you guys play the game the right way. Intelligent building and very difficult to beat in game, it felt like we really needed to give everything we got to take this one, I believe you guys will break the curse soon too! Shoutout zomog for turning the franchise around. My former team Ruiners, you guys were a tough matchup as well, and the series was down to the wire nail biting ass clenchingly tough. Glad to see old teammates like xav performing as one of the top svers still, always a pleasure to see his creative teambuilding at work. Mannat you need to be less purposefully annoying and more humble, learn from Rey and Blund, perhaps you will get there soon too, but objectively props to you and FV for revamping the team and staying competitive these spls, making deep runs consistently is not easy.

At the end of the day, you can take the Basedlord out of spl, but you can’t take spl out of the Basedlord. 3 red cups like a frat boy ya dig! 5 rings no Kobe Bean they can never tell me shit now!

Now that the tour is done I will give some of my most iconic teams out to be posted as sample teams like the triple dark team that ran the meta for a solid 2 months. Keep enjoying SV folks! This is an amazing metagame and I will fight to keep it that way by warding off unnecessary bans like the volc/tera blast nonsense discussion that is going on right now. Please learn to play! Gouging fire 0 usage in playoffs btw but the people were pissin themselves over this? How did he know! The goat will always be the goat, this is my metagame and you all are just playing in it! https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/re-sv-ou-volcarona-tera-blast.3740619/ all my free thinkers go vote dnb

Basedlord out

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
It really feels like the end of an era for me, a long journey that spanned years. Finding the right words will be tough, nonetheless i will try my best. Pokémon has given me a lot over time and SPL i can say was certainly the peak of it. I'm grateful for everything that led me to where i stand today. Starting to ladder casually on po on the off chance of finding Marcoasd, the goat, possibly luck him and run away with it, purely for bragging rights in a gen i never touched before. Falling in love for the tier's simplicity and hyper focus on playing over prep. Starting to do good, developing an ego, improving, beefing with people, making friendships. Getting really good, going 9-1 in POCL, which at the time featured 90% of what was gonna be the SPL pool, proving to myself and others i had it in me to do well. Having a wake up call ending up benched the coming SPL, never being given a real chance because of bias and reacting quite pathetically if i do say so myself.

But eventually, one team broke the stalemate, the SPL X Tyrants gave me shelter and decided to bet on me. I'm sure at the time it was just a matter of getting the rumored "best player" in a very barren pool following the quit of many legends, just a low cost shoot (8k) see what happens. And this story i never get tired of telling, i wish it will bring hope to anybody to which it resonates with, be it today or tomorrow. My start was awful, by week 4 i was 1-3 and no doubt if we had an rby sub, my story might have ended there and then. Whenever it was bad luck, me not being good enough or both i don't remember. But there is something i do remember, i was swearing to them, my mates, that it was all a ruse, that the real me would burst through. And i do remember very clearly how supportive everyone was, they didn't give up on me, they saw something in the way i played, something that was enough to hope i could win some games for them, more than a sub could anyway. How that season went from there on out, will always have a special place in my heart. As i bonded more with my dear mates in a climate that i can only call magical, it was pure loud joy and dumbassery. So did i grow as a player, i wanted to win so much for them that nothing could get in the way, not an early freeze, not the worst mu, not the angriest Tauros. My mates were waiting for me to return to them with good news, and i was not gonna betray their trust. That season i never lost ever again, even going as far as to load Exeggutor Tauros Snorlax Articuno Zapdos Cloyster in SPL finals vs fomg, not only a seasoned player but one of my early losses too, something that can only be described as insane hubris and drinking my own koolaid. Despite that, by grit and teeth i won, i felt the best, untouchable even and ended a season that started 1-3 with 8-3. This to say, that as long as you have a shot to redeem yourself, the chance to play the next game, you should stay strong in the face of adverisity, play your heart out, if it's meant to be, magic will ensue.
Either way The finals started 1-0 thanks to that, i had no doubt the Tyrants which legit destroyed everything in their path up until that point had the red in the bag. That great feeling lasted as long as sunday when we racked up a strong lead of 6-3. However, much like a shakespeare's tragedy, they got us. They tied and from there swept the tiebreak, 6-3 to 6-8. This is the closest to heartbroken something online ever gave me. I didn't even want to open the tyrants chat or talk to anyone for a while, it was too good of a season to end like that. In any case, from that i developed a big love for SPL and wonderful friendships that are still my prized treasures to this day (more whitebeard larp to come later) that include but are not limited to Rey, Hogg, Blunder, Marcop, CTC, CBB, Tobes and Roro.
This is why winning SPL was so important to me, i didn't need the red myself. I was more than satisfied with my rby results but i sure as hell needed to see, no, to bring the Tyrants as a franchise and especially Rey and Blunder to the promised land. We joked, butted heads, discussed, planned, tilted, overreacted, baited many people, but in the end, together we won. I wouldn't want it any other way. This went way too long, time to shoutout and wrap it up.

Reyscarface Blunder: I could talk about you two forever and yet it feels almost cheap to, what is there even to say at this point? The goat drafter and the goat entertainer, together in one neat package. Nothing i could say would make you justice, the other mates have already gone at it better than me too. So i will limit myself to this: thank you. For always believing in me, for being loud dumbasses who make every situation 100 times funnier. We have come a long way, from an 8k pick done for the sake of it, to entrusting me the last game of tiebreak. There really is nothing to say, we are the champions, my friends.

Soulwind: Nothing is more reassuring than having SOULWIND as your partner. You know for a fact someone made it as a player when he can load fat 90% of his games, get casually farmed by Rhyperior in a tb and still being talked as a clear favorite for the next one. Jokes aside when the mus aren't unplayable garbage with highest damage dealing mon Toxapex we all know who to trust, the goat.

CTC: The only idiot who can crack and solve a meta of infinite permutations with teras, and still walk into the most obvious ban of all time, perfectly obvlious to it. That being said, you are without a doubt the goat, it's impossible to deny that we could never get this far without your valiant effort for prep and your key wins. The beach prep time paid off in the end.
TkUHALF.png

Damien: My favorite teammate in a long while, cordial, open to everything, extremely good and perceptive of mistakes, but firm in his belief. If you didn't have the unviable timezone we might have the ultimate being in front of us, crazy. Seriously you played the best finals game by a long shot for our team. The ability to pull hard ass triggers in a finals is very rare, the difference between brave and fool is thin but you ace it perfectly. So proud of you.

Java: You played extremely well and surprised everyone out of the blue, it's undeniable that the pressure got to you later but when it did Ice Fang made no prisoners. These are the makings of a protagonist, make yourself comfortable in pressure games and you will go far indeed in this business.

Luispeikou: Quality and convenience, better call Mr. Briney if you need a sub, because the man can play anything well above his price. I won't lie ever since the sharks seasons Luis is one of those guys that always puts a smile on my face because he fills whatever you need and it does so well, keep going man.

Mada: Without a doubt the MVP of the season, the mix of scouts and playing ability is deadly combo, costed peanuts too. You bailed us hard as fuck this season especially vs the Ruiners, thank you so much for your work.

Poek: 2ez, pivotal role in poffs.

AKG: Unfortunate doesn't even begin to describe what happened, started in a new tier that needed to stabilize. Lucked in sm vs a mu you knew exactly how to pry open, and then tablet used Self Destruct for good measure. By the time you were back the team went "momentum" strat otherwise no doubt you found a spot. At least you got the trophy to show for it.

CBB: One of the few guys that can go 0-10 but still give you confidence that he knows what to do the last game. It's not easy to come across guys like this but thank goodness, it came clutch full force in the finals. We butted heads way too much so i'm sure you know what i think, that you should return to be more free spirited and embrace the mu variance more, done that your superior playing ability will shine.

Dridri: For mere 3k, you terrorized the pool. I won't lie, there is no need, after week 2 i thought we were in for some rough times but it appears that was the outlier not the other way. You pulled important triggers and imprinted fear onto your enemies, it's the stuff of dreams to get a brave 3k madhouse main.

Cyberodin: I have no clue what you said half the times, the language barrier is strong but one thing i could tell, you are very energetic which is always good.

Rubyblood: With Conflict migrated, best gsc in the pool? Probably. Incredible early games but a tendency to be too happy to take the easy way out in endgames and worse the odds up, if you fix it you could be crazy consistent no doubt.

Mister Sauce: Victim of being in a team of great players, it was very hard to deny Ruby the gsc slot, and someone had to pay for it. Still you did very well and contribuited to the great cause with early games and late cooking. Sauce.

Anti August: Every little comment and tip we could snatch from you was worth it's weight in gold, so damn reassuring to have not one but two DPP goats on our corner, thank you so much.

Vert: Almost feels cheap to get such a fire help for free but sure why not right? I won't pretend i know much of SV but everything you said ended up right like a prophecy

Jayde: Being the therapist for SW a full season while he had to build around Thundurus-T? The hero we needed.

Tobes: I knew it had to end with you, i won't lie it's been a while since i felt the need to actually discuss my takes with anyone but any excuse was good to bring you along ever since SPL X, i enjoyed very much discussing turns, thanks for your unwavering support, we did it.

ABR: Don't think there is particular need to add much, what i wanted to say about you i already did in spl rby pool's thread. It is obviously a shame and it pains that i didn't get to play you on the big stage to make the greatest show ever. But the thought that even the great ABR deep down knew facing me head on was not in his team's interest puts a smile on my face. Nonetheless i'm grateful for your wise inputs that resulted in nose gaming and Kyurem gaming.

TDNT: I can say without a doubt, you are the reason why i'm grateful finding out SPL. The chance to meet and bond with people so akin to you that would not otherwise come in a lifetime, that is SPL to me. Ever since we met on Sharks i knew you were on a different level, an outrageous mixture of inner talent and great personality ready to learn and grow even further into something incredible. I was your biggest fan (maybe behind TDK) and knew for a fact the current Sharks messed up BIG TIME not taking you through retain. Amazing job this season, you were magnificent once again.

Roro: When i speak so fondly of SPL X, no doubt you are a big part of the reason. The opportunity to meet someone like you was invaluable. That day i joined to prove myself to the world, but i left with many new friends, and above all, a brother. Thank you so much for joining my life, it means the world to me to have found at this day and age someone that understands me like you do.

As for me, i think this is the end of my journey. I won't make it a 100% statement because quitting for good is hard to pull off and afterall i was not supposed to join this one either before Blunder called up, but here we are. But i do think i did everything i wanted to do and then some. This is the most perfect ending i could possibly ask for in addiction to my gradual lose of interest for the game. Won with my first love the Tyrants. Had a tiebreak third game win clutch which i always avoided like the plague even in regular because i absolutely hated the idea of going last and having the game not mattering at all if not straight up deadgamed. Won my very last game with Jynx Starmie Rhydon, my favorite team and historic team. As a nice little easter egg that makes my nerd side thrill, while doing the Whitebeard cosplay my last ever SPL turn just so happens to be a Rhydon's Earthquake crit.

Speaking of Whitebeard, i'd like to give some insight that i'm sure some missed. Aside from wanting to change Discord avatar for a while and liking his design he was picked because it represented me the most. No, the solution isn't as simple as to call myself the strongest, or i would have gone for Mihawk instead which design i like even more. Much like Whitebeard i am very well past my prime, but still retain my title of "strongest". However the gap with the rest of the world isn't as big as it once was. My best moves have been studied and copied, moves that back in the day were revolutionary and allowed me to comeback from any early disaster, including the infamous early freezes. Today are the standard and are used against me, even gof whom i doubt can successfully change a light bulb knows of them, it's harder and harder to produce memorable comebacks. My ranking fallen down tremendously, for the first time i risked to place second, some people went as far as to give me fifth. Early on i was afraid that they may have been right, that powercreep might have caught up to me and my time as the undisputed king was over. Which is why i feel at peace with myself today. This tournament gave me the closure i needed, for the last time i proved myself the best through results not cheap words.
The point is, for long i have ruled over the tier with an iron fist, it's time for the new guys to shine. Today rby tiebreaks aren't the unthinkable blasfemy but legit strats, if not ideal. In SPL X i could not convince my team to trust rby if i held a gun at their temple, this time around i didn't need to ask in fact i could not have stopped them if i wanted to. The level of playing massively stepped up, no longer we will watch a replay of Tiba and wonder if it was played by chatgpt. To everyone i met on my journey, friend or foe, and to you rby, thanks and farewell.

If i find the strenght, i would like to make the final rby guide for veterans, like my master Marcoasd once did for the italians back in paraslam meta. My last act of love toward the tier that gave me everything.

bc5c8ade801b22982efada7bbbc1f6c5.jpg

Last edited:
congrats tyrants, really happy for my friends on the team. esp rey, you've been a consistently great manager for years now and im happy it finally paid off now

would also like to congratulate newcomers like dridri, myjava, mada for a fantastic debut. hope you guys stick around for a long time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)