Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

So for Cinderace specifically, you'd usually run 252 speed with a Jolly nature.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Court Change
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the standard Bulky Cinderace Set, Max speed is mainly to speed tie with other Cinderace's, as well as Roaring Moon, while the closest speed benchmark is Iron Valiant. 32 Atk EV's ensures an OHKO on non bulky Gholdengo.

A thing to note as well is Bulky Cinderace typically does not run Libero, this is usually to avoid getting burned, especially when U-Turning into Moltres. Getting the Stab Bonus on these moves doesn't particularly matter either
thanks for the help! is CC cinderace enough for hazard control or should I add a spinner?

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
thanks for the help! is CC cinderace enough for hazard control or should I add a spinner?
If you want to be really safe against hazards, or you are running mons that love no hazards, then go for another, otherwise, ace is enough

How has regidrago been eating with terastalization and earth power? those are massive buffs!
I don't think it makes much splash in OU since its main niche in high power Dragon moves is contested by Baxcalibur, who doesn't have a lot of its other pitfalls like low bulk and lack of boosting.

I imagine it might pull something off in lower tiers where its more powerful-relatively to compensate the one-dimensional build, but OU's a hard climb for it.

Giving a deeply flawed mon like Shuckle exactly one useful offensive move - especially Fighting, which has to deal with both an immunity and lots of other strong Fighting attacks, so every team is prepared for it - makes it better for lower tiers, but still worthless in OU. Too slow, too easy to play around, and if it ever comes back, it'd probably lose a bunch of utility moves.

Is there a list of good weather control mons for OU? I'm struggling against sun and walking wake, and am trying to figure out good options. :psygrump:

I don't see any options listed in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ou-role-compendium.3713852/
:slowking:Slowking and:slowking galar:Glowking can use Chilly Reception to start a snowstorm to disrupt Sun and are in general the most splashable and easy to use weather disruptors. You could of course also use a different weather team of your own with:pelipper:Pelipper or:abomasnow:Abomasnow. Unfortunately neither of the Sand setters are particularly viable at the moment.

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
This is obviously a subjective question but how necessary is it to have a Scarf user on bulky offense in the current meta? My background is primarily in SM and it feels almost mandatory to run a Scarfer on BO in that tier to not get run over by many of the very fast threats like Mega-Lop, Ash-Gren, Mega-Zam, etc. However, I felt like in SS it wasn't as necessary to have a Scarfer on BO, possibly due to the decreased power level of the tier; I also remember John W saying during SS that you really just needed something Torn-T's speed or faster. I also feel like Scarfs aren't as common in SV as SM, and I'm sure that's partially due to Booster Energy, but that obviously can't be used repeatedly as a form of speed control. So, I was wondering if BO teams can be fine without a Scarfer in SV if they have a fast mon (like Dragapult or something) and/or strong priority attacks, or should you really try to fit a Scarf mon? This was the only BO sample team I saw that didn't have a Scarf.

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
This is obviously a subjective question but how necessary is it to have a Scarf user on bulky offense in the current meta? My background is primarily in SM and it feels almost mandatory to run a Scarfer on BO in that tier to not get run over by many of the very fast threats like Mega-Lop, Ash-Gren, Mega-Zam, etc. However, I felt like in SS it wasn't as necessary to have a Scarfer on BO, possibly due to the decreased power level of the tier; I also remember John W saying during SS that you really just needed something Torn-T's speed or faster. I also feel like Scarfs aren't as common in SV as SM, and I'm sure that's partially due to Booster Energy, but that obviously can't be used repeatedly as a form of speed control. So, I was wondering if BO teams can be fine without a Scarfer in SV if they have a fast mon (like Dragapult or something) and/or strong priority attacks, or should you really try to fit a Scarf mon? This was the only BO sample team I saw that didn't have a Scarf.
While not 100% necessary like you shown, it is really recommended, to put the offensive pressure and to counter opposing offensive pressure, try to do either a scarfer or a booster energy mon, if that mon outspeed timid/jolly Dragapult (421) and can do more than just that, I think its a good choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)