SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

View attachment 467385
Here it is if you still need it. The difference is in the description of the strange Pokemon being compact and cruel instead of about their size and ferocity.

Also there's a text dump if you want to reference the script for anything.

I feel like this may be confirmation that the Paradox Pokémon are imaginations instead of time travel with the wording of "artist's imagination". Perhaps in the DLC we will encounter more paradox Pokémon? Has anyone thought that perhaps the version exclusives that didn't get paradox forms will get them in DLC? Maybe the reason Violet got two pseudo legendaries with paradox forms was because Scarlet also gets Paradox Dragapult come DLC? just a thought.

So throughout my playthrough, I noticed this little lock icon on a Pokemon's summary screen next to the gender / types / terastal. I kept expecting something to interact with that icon, but nothing ever came up.

1669030144829.png

Tried adding a Pokemon to a battle box. It didn't change it. Tried nicknaming a Pokemon I didn't own. It didn't change it. I feel like there's some super simple feature I'm forgetting about that's for this icon here, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help out here?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So throughout my playthrough, I noticed this little lock icon on a Pokemon's summary screen next to the gender / types / terastal. I kept expecting something to interact with that icon, but nothing ever came up.

View attachment 467466

Tried adding a Pokemon to a battle box. It didn't change it. Tried nicknaming a Pokemon I didn't own. It didn't change it. I feel like there's some super simple feature I'm forgetting about that's for this icon here, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help out here?
I don't have the games so no way for me to check it, but maybe its supposed to say that this species is gender locked to female?

Catch a tauros or something and see if the same icon applies

According to Joe, paradox Pokémon are not internally classed as (sub)legendary Pokémon (unlike UBs). This means that after this gen, it may be a while until we see them return.

Now I wonder if they will reclassify UBs & have them not return in the DLC
Aw I wanted to see in real time people go from "wow these 14 really strong non-legendary pokemon are so cool" to "gamefreak added FOURTEEN!!!!!!! new legendary pokemon and that's terrible" with absolutely no difference in how they looked at them beyond internal classification.

For a second time, since it happened with UBs.

Still wouldn't surprise me if they're "effectively" treated as Legendary moving forward, though. They'd kind of neccessitate the weird vague "wow its a a crazy portal" stuff that they use for Legendary pokemon and they're meant to have synergy with restricted Pokemon so Gen 10 DLC having the -raidons alongside the paradoxes makes sense. Well I guess we'll see in 4 years when we get to that point.

Seems they removed evolving a Pokemon already at lvl 100 with a rare candy. No reason for them to remove that but it's another pointless change added to the list of other pointless regression in SV. So anyone with any transfers you're hoping to evolve well...you will have to rebreed or catch a new one.

On the bright side I caught a shiny Rockruff in a friends session.

Tbfh at this point with all the weird coding issues...

I'm starting to wonder if these "arbitrary removals" aren't actually removals, but rather they re-implement stuff every game from scratch and just decide to not reimplement things they don't consider worth it.
I really hope that's not the case for the sole reason that it means somebody on the dev team thought it was fine to make us sit through abilities like Anger Shell procing for every stat boost/drop. Klawf, I love you, but I have never wanted to OHKO mon so badly.

It wouldn't surprise me if the functionality was present but disabled tbh
I really hope that's not the case for the sole reason that it means somebody on the dev team thought it was fine to make us sit through abilities like Anger Shell procing for every stat boost/drop. Klawf, I love you, but I have never wanted to OHKO mon so badly.
You see, I always thought that "there's no way professional game designers would do dumb stuff like this", then I read the cause of the memory leak and most importantly the fact that in Legend Arceus the same system is used yet much more refined with dedicated tables and with no memory leak and I lost all hope.

The only way for a system to be present in a refined form in a *previous entry* and being reimplemented in a much worse form in a later one would be if it got reimplemented from scratch.
...and most importantly someome thinking that it's necessary to load the encounters in Area Zero while you're doing the tutorial.

You see, I always thought that "there's no way professional game designers would do dumb stuff like this", then I read the cause of the memory leak and most importantly the fact that in Legend Arceus the same system is used yet much more refined with dedicated tables and with no memory leak and I lost all hope.

The only way for a system to be present in a refined form in a *previous entry* and being reimplemented in a much worse form in a later one would be if it got reimplemented from scratch.
...and most importantly someome thinking that it's necessary to load the encounters in Area Zero while you're doing the tutorial.
I mean "professional game designers disable feature that would port over otherwise" feels about in line. EXP Share is just a bit flip, I bet set mode is too. This one probably also is!

oh, or, the real money shot: they accidentally forgot to port that code over or deleted it and didnt catch lmao

According to Joe, paradox Pokémon are not internally classed as (sub)legendary Pokémon (unlike UBs). This means that after this gen, it may be a while until we see them return.

Now I wonder if they will reclassify UBs & have them not return in the DLC
Anything can happen but I can't just see the third legendary and version exclusive paradox legendaries as the only selling point in DLC. I see something similar like last time where we will get two waves, maybe first wave deals with the third legendary and the paradox legendaries and second wave has something to do with competitive battling.

Anger Shell's real goal is to make the player angry. :D No idea why they didn't have the stat increases shown in one message. Also noticed that combat text can't be skipped through via button presses anymore.

Anything can happen but I can't just see the third legendary and version exclusive paradox legendaries as the only selling point in DLC. I see something similar like last time where we will get two waves, maybe first wave deals with the third legendary and the paradox legendaries and second wave has something to do with competitive battling.
If they did decide to exclude UBs from DLC there would still be like 40+ other legendary pokemon to push as the big VGC push

I understand that Dialga, Palkia and their Origin Forms from LA are all Home transfer exclusives, but has anyone cheated them in and messed around with them yet?
I haven't seen anyone talk about how Dialga, Palkia and how their form change works in SV.
Are the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs in? Does the form change work like Giratina's?
I imagined that's how it was going to be if the Origin Forms of those 2 were ever added to a classic mainline game, but a confirmation would be nice if possible

I understand that Dialga, Palkia and their Origin Forms from LA are all Home transfer exclusives, but has anyone cheated them in and messed around with them yet?
I haven't seen anyone talk about how Dialga, Palkia and how their form change works in SV.
Are the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs in? Does the form change work like Giratina's?
I imagined that's how it was going to be if the Origin Forms of those 2 were ever added to a classic mainline game, but a confirmation would be nice if possible
This was mentioned a couple times and already checked.

There are new equipped items (separate from the actual orbs) that change their forms while held.

This was mentioned a couple times and already checked.

There are new equipped items (separate from the actual orbs) that change their forms while held.
Thanks, I should have searched here before asking, haha.
I'm going to leave it here in case anyone else cares:
So I got Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga with cheats to check how their form changes work. It looks like as soon as you get them in game, their items from gen 4 and PLA appear at the fourth auctioneer. They do not transform when they hold the old orbs, even Giratina. All three of them transform when they hold the new items from PLA. And this is stated in the item descriptions too.
What a weird choice.
So then there's the Adamant, Lustruous and Griseous Orbs which only boost the power of certain moves (those who match the legendary they represent) and nothing else (even the Griseous Orb), and then we have the Adamant Crystal, Lustruous Globe and Griseous Core which when held by Dialga/Palkia/Giratina change their forms and nothing else, correct?
I guess merging the type power boosting effects and the form changes would have been a bit too much?

Thanks, I should have searched here before asking, haha.
Eh, it's understandable, this topic has almost reached 400 pages and a lot of the stuff is thrown here and there between this and the other couple research topics :P

I guess merging the type power boosting effects and the form changes would have been a bit too much?
They likely wanted to allow the base form to still retain access to "buffed stabs" without being forced in the new forms.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)