CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 9

What will be the type of our custom move?

• Physical

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Special

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Support

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I noticed that. :S Ants are in the same family as Bees it seems.

And dam, my list is now on the last page. Does anyone mind if I repost it so we can reference it without changing pages?

yes... sounds like vepiqueen... we need to figure out a way to fuse some of those words... maybe find out some foreign language way to say ant? we could combine that with some sort of ice related word...

Sunday

yes... sounds like vepiqueen... we need to figure out a way to fuse some of those words... maybe find out some foreign language way to say ant? we could combine that with some sort of ice related word...
I was thinking of using "Ant" in the language of the place that the ant KoA posted was from, but that would give it nothing to do with snow...

Some interesting words relating to the word "Ant"
Order: Hymenoptera
Suborder: Apocrita
Superfamily: Vespoidea Taken XD
Family: Formicidae

Related to "Ice" (Thanks, wikipedia.)

Aufeis - is layered ice that forms in arctic and subarctic stream valleys
Now here's a good one! We could say it was discovered to be the only species of ant adapted to live in Antartica :)
Clathrate hydrates - are forms of ice that contain gas molecules trapped within its crystal lattice
This could explain why it seems to be floating. It has gas trapped inside of it!

Now, I would like to draw your attention to the Family, Formicidae. That word seems very easy to manipulate to include "Ice" In it don't you think? Formicedae anyone?(Form-ice-e-day)

Aufeis seems hard to work with. I haven't even worked out how to pronounce it! EDIT: (arf-e-us)
Formaufeis anyone? Or too hard on the tongue XD
Calthrate seems workable, but Hydrates isn't really XD

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
If this were Final Fantasy or some other generic RPG series, we could just call it Ice Ant and be done with it.

XD

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
What's the russian words for Ant and/or Ice, by chance?

I have absolutely no idea why, but I'm picturing some sort of Russian feel to it now. (Maybe from Siberia? I'm not sure.)

Sunday

How about combining Formicidae (ant family), Aufeis (layered Artic ice) and Ice into:

Formicefeis (Form-ice-e-es/us)

EDIT: But change the spelling a bit...

Then that is proof that I've officially lost my mind. :P
Joking aside, I do have a few ideas, but I'm still hammering them out. Don't worry, "Frillypuff" isn't exactly in the cards right now...
I was thinking of something ridiculous, don't worry.

Anyways, a mix of Dorylus and Aufeis appeals to me. Not sure how to do it though. We could pull a DJ Jesus and make a himillountain out of it though.

hormiga - spanish
mier - dutch
fourmi - french
ameise - german
formica - italian

there is the word ant translated to those languages... ameice, fourmice, hormigice/hormigant, formicant/formice, etc.. are all possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)