CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 16 - Complete Movepool Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What exactly is it going to use a fighting move for? Meteor Mash is more than enough for Tyranitar and other rock types. Earthquake takes care of most of the grounded Steels. I just really don't see the need. If you really, really need a Fighting type attacking, you can use Revenge.

"Blissey", but you can just U-Turn out or hit it hard with Meteor Mash.
Ghost+Steel+Ground+Bug is only resisted by Skarmory which you won't be able to do anything to anyway.

Well, here is yet another movepool for Kitsunoh. All compettive moves will be bolded. Please comment on my movepool so I can improve further. And also, this movepool follows all of the requirements in X-Act's movepool guide (1-3 compettive level up, 13-16 level up moves, 2-4 compettive egg, 4-12 egg moves and all required TMs).

Level Up Moves

- Lick
- Scatch
06. Shadow Sneak
10. Theif
15. Knock Off
19. Quick Attack
25. Curse
29. Fake Out
35. Yawn
41. Shadow Strike
45. Whirlwind
50. Memento
54. Psycho Shift
60. Glare
67. Perish Song

Shadow Srike is for the good, physical Ghost STAB. Glare is a good, 75% paralyzing move, and I have it over t-wave beacuse it might become too broken if allowed on Kitsunoh. Perish Song is a cool move for forcing switches, and can be helpful if Kitsunoh is still around when a last opposing pokemon is. There are also other good scouting moves in here, such as Yawn, Whirlwind, Knock Off and Fake Out. Memento is for one last "parting gift." Other moves are mainly filler, though a Curse set is possible.

TMs List

TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM13- Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM58 - Endure
TM59 - Dragon Pulse
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM61 - Will-o-wisp
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
HM01 - Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Nothing that notable here, except a good bevy of physical movs for some type coverage. U-Turn, Sub, Theif, Protect, Tauant and Roar are all your typical scout TMs, and Will-O-Wisp forces switches and offers support. Also put on Grass Knot/Energy Ball if people care too much about Swampert. Also enough special moves for a gimmick Charge Beam/specs set.

Egg Moves

Ground Egg Group

- Cross Chop
- Haze
- Moonlight
- Featherdnace
- Shadow Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Scary Face
- Metal Claw
- Grudge
- Baton Pass

Ground Egg group so that all moves are compatable with each other. Cross Chop is for a physical fighting move that has more power than Brick Break, Meteor Mash hits very hard, and Featherdance reduces physical damage done to Kitsunoh as well as forcing switches. Other semi-competive moves are Haze, for well, hazing. Moonlight is a recovery move, yet is allowed because it does not always heal by 50%. Scary Face lowers speed, making opponents eaiser to scout. Gurdge is an option, I suppose, over Memento. Baton Pass is there for those who prefer dry-passing, however it is not competttive because we have U-Turn, which gets all atvantages of BP but does damage. And I'd rather use U-Turn on Kitsunoh rather than BP when the only passable things it gets are Subs and maybe a Charge Beam boost. Shadow Punch and Metal Calw are filler moves.

Tutor Moves

- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Super Power
- Spite
- Swift
- Magnet Rise
- Last Resort
- Snore
- Zen Headbutt
- Ominous Wind
- Trick

Last but not least, the tutor moves. Aqua Tail is a good, strong water move, and I prefer it over Waterfall because it has more power, less accuracy and I don't want Kitsunoh to be a flinch abuser. Thunder, Ice and Fire Punch all give great coverage, as well as checking many pokemon with 4x weaknesses. Iron Head is for if you prefer accuracy and the flinches over power and the possibility to raise attack. Super Power is a strong, one shot fighting move, but one can opt for Drain Punch if Stat drops do not appeal to you. Magnet Rise grants temporary immunity to Ground moves. And Zen Headbutt can handle troublesome bulky fighters if they decide to stay in on you. The rest is flavor/filler.

So all in all, a good movepool with pleanty of type coverage, scouting options and various other ways to supprot a team. I'll add on later key moves that I dropped and why I left them out. And once again, plaese comment on this movepool so I can change it to your likings and improve these options so Kitsunoh can become the best scout it can be.

What exactly is it going to use a fighting move for? Meteor Mash is more than enough for Tyranitar and other rock types. Earthquake takes care of most of the grounded Steels. I just really don't see the need. If you really, really need a Fighting type attacking, you can use Revenge.

"Blissey", but you can just U-Turn out or hit it hard with Meteor Mash.
Ghost+Steel+Ground+Bug is only resisted by Skarmory which you won't be able to do anything to anyway.
Well if you put it that way I guess they're no real advantage towards using no having any fighting move within your movepool. I only asked the question because I would like to know why someone would exclude move(s) from his/her movepool if they didn't cause any inherited problems.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to come into this thread as such a 'negative Nelly', but the Level Up and Egg move list are WAY too long on some of these submissions. Realistically I think we should be restricting our selves to a max of around 16 moves on the Level Up list (which can include max of approximately 3 Heart Scale moves) and a max of around 12 Egg moves.

Of course there do exist exceptions to this rule in the pokemon world already, such as Tyranitar's Level Up list, but it is a general guide. A guide line that is in fact fairly clearly stated in X-Act's Movepool Guide. I don't understand why this is being ignored.
I've edited my submission at the end and changed some emphasis around to reflect this. I know I'm personally skating on thin ice because I have somewhere around 10 or so situationally useful secondary moves.

I have however, conformed to 16 Level-Up and 12 Egg Move restrictions.

Also there is one other thing I wanted to clear up, since I clearly don't understand this either. The OP quite clearing states this:

Yet already I'm seeing in many submmissions thus far, especially in the TM and Tutor Lists, several move such as; Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Return, Crunch, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, ect ect....

Now while I fully understand (and agree in most cases) why these would be considared 'Non Competitive' Moves in Kitsunoh case, yet according to the OP's criteria, these moves should still be considared 'Unallowed'!!

I think there is a conflict here, and I was just wanting clarification.
Weather Moves are covered later on in the Guide. As far as Crunch, Dark has the exact same SE coverage as Ghost, but no STAB, so essentially its only purpose that ghost can't fulfill is hitting normals.

Special attacks simply aren't viable on Kitsunoh out of the box, but since I included Metal Sound I had to take my choices there seriously. Dusknoir has Ice moves and pretty much every other ghost Electric, so I felt on solid ground.

Return, Protect, etc. are all moves that every pokemon has, and also covered later, along with weather moves.

I'm not a huge fan of Fire moves on Ghosteel (I'll call it what I want). Flavour aside, it doesn't need to hit Skarm and Bronzong for SE. Fire Punch will just encourage sweeping, which really defeats the purpose. U-Turn, Shadow Strike, Perish Song and maybe Earthquake for the sake of defending itself against Heatran and Magnezone without refraining to U-Turn (both are mostly Scarfed too) seems enough.

What would a fire move hit that is capable of stopping this thing from scouting?
If it comes across a Scizor, it could threaten it with a Fire Fang, which could make it stay away, and if its steel types, then they can be dispatched with an Earthquake.

I'm not a huge fan of Fire moves on Ghosteel (I'll call it what I want). Flavour aside, it doesn't need to hit Skarm and Bronzong for SE. Fire Punch will just encourage sweeping, which really defeats the purpose. U-Turn, Shadow Strike, Perish Song and maybe Earthquake for the sake of defending itself against Heatran and Magnezone without refraining to U-Turn (both are mostly Scarfed too) seems enough.
I can recall Deck Knight doing damage calcs against them with Fire Punch, and I believe it turned up 3HKOs, meaning that having it will hardly encourage trying to sweep them (since it won't work) and still force it to either switch out or find some other way of dealing with them. Pretty much the only thing that it could really hit with it would be Scizor, who Kitsunoh pretty much walls anyway, only really having to worry about Pursuit.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can recall Deck Knight doing damage calcs against them with Fire Punch, and I believe it turned up 3HKOs, meaning that having it will hardly encourage trying to sweep them (since it won't work) and still force it to either switch out or find some other way of dealing with them.
Indeed I did:

Deck Knight said:
Case in Point(s):

Max Atk Ice Punch vs. Standard Hippowdon:

305 Atk vs 368 Def & 420 HP (75 Base Power): 90 - 108 (21.43% - 25.71%)

Max Atk Fire Punch vs. Standard Skarmory:

305 Atk vs 416 Def & 334 HP (75 Base Power): 80 - 96 (23.95% - 28.74%)

Max Atk Fire Punch vs. (Lev) Bronzong:

305 Atk vs 288 Def & 338 HP (75 Base Power): 114 - 136 (33.73% - 40.24%)

Max Atk Fire Punch vs. AgiliGross:

305 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (75 Base Power): 112 - 132 (34.04% - 40.12%)

Hippowdon and Skarm are lost causes due to recovery.

Earthquake Vs. AgiliGross:

305 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (100 Base Power): 146 - 174 (44.38% - 52.89%)

Still not great, but at least in a plausible 2HKO range with SR down or some pre-existing damage, or LO instead of Lefties.

Earthquake is a must if this wants to avoid being Steel set-up bait. Short of using Taunt (a move for another poll) as Agiligross attempts Agility, it has no hope of beating Metagross.
Here's updates for Fangs and Me First:

Ice Fang vs. Standard Hippowdon:

305 Atk vs 368 Def & 420 HP (65 Base Power): 78 - 94 (18.57% - 22.38%)

Fire Fang vs. Standard Skarmory:

305 Atk vs 416 Def & 334 HP (65 Base Power): 70 - 84 (20.96% - 25.15%)

Fire Fang vs. Standard (Lev) Bronzong:

305 Atk vs 288 Def & 338 HP (65 Base Power): 100 - 118 (29.59% - 34.91%)

Fire Fang vs. Agiligross:

305 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (65 Base Power): 96 - 114 (29.18% - 34.65%)

Me First Earthquake vs. Agiligross:

305 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (100 Base Power): 220 - 260 (66.87% - 79.03%)

Now, lest you think Me First is somehow broken, do remember it fails if Agiligross has already used Agility (or uses it the turn you use Me First), fails if it uses Bullet Punch, and does NVE (though STAB) damage if it uses Meteor Mash. With that in mind:

Me First Meteor Mash vs. Agiligross:

305 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (100 Base Power): 82 - 97 (24.92% - 29.48%)

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm liking Plus' movepool for the theoretical Substitute/Baton Pass/Shadow Strike/Cross Chop set it could use. ;D

Fighting moves at least allow a good pair-up move for use if you're using a non-attacking move or two. Since Fighting/Ghost is unresisted.

Nobody else seems to have Baton Pass and Cross Chop on the same set. :S

First attempt at this kinda thing so no doubt it is riddled with mistakes. But, you know what they say; "Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons."

TM Moves:
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM61 - Will-o-Wisp
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM05 - Defog
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves(Ground): 7 Moves
Feather Dance
Moonlight
Scary Face
Lick
Mudslap
Shadow Punch
Screech
Tutor Moves:
ThunderPunch
FirePunch
Spite
Trick
Sucker Punch
Helping Hand
Swift
Signal Beam
Iron Head

Level up Moves(* are TM's as well): 13 Moves
Astonish(-)
Tail Whip(-)
Smoke Screen(5)
Glare(8)
Thief*(12)
Curse(17)
Confuse Ray(22)
Metal Claw(25)
Yawn(28)
Fake-Out(33)
Shadow Ball(39)
Iron Tail*(44)
Shadow Strike(50)
Notes: Didn't give it hypnosis since I gave it yawn. I really didn't figure it needed two sleep moves. Has U-turn so didn't see the need for Baton Pass. Signal Beam is just me being silly(scouts signal people, right?) and acts as filler. I tried to bold all of them that were competitive but I probably made mistakes. And since that is likely that probably means I loaded it with too many competitive moves in the egg/level up bit :/.

Hmmm. I'm Not liking Plus' because it doesn't conform to X-Act's guide. Also I appreciate the reasoning behind movepools and Plus hasn't done that yet so I shall wait for the finished article.

I like DK's as it has all the moves I want except Meteor Mash :-( Why no MM DK? I'm not sure Perish Song is any more competitive than Yawn or Fake Out so why not add MM. I'm sure it'll get you more votes since many drive by voters will be looking for it.

I'm surprised how many of the other movepool creators haven't used X-Act's guide :-(

Not gonna vote for darkie's due to it having the Elemental Punches - given the damage calcs I've seen I wouldn't use the punches or the fangs competitively anyway. So, given that they're pretty much solely flavour for me, I'd rather not have them on a quadruped. My feelings would be different if they really mattered competitively.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hmmm. I'm Not liking Plus' because it doesn't conform to X-Act's guide. Also I appreciate the reasoning behind movepools and Plus hasn't done that yet so I shall wait for the finished article.

I like DK's as it has all the moves I want except Meteor Mash :-( Why no MM DK? I'm not sure Perish Song is any more competitive than Yawn or Fake Out so why not add MM. I'm sure it'll get you more votes since many drive by voters will be looking for it.

I'm surprised how many of the other movepool creators haven't used X-Act's guide :-(

Not gonna vote for darkie's due to it having the Elemental Punches - given the damage calcs I've seen I wouldn't use the punches or the fangs competitively anyway. So, given that they're pretty much solely flavour for me, I'd rather not have them on a quadruped. My feelings would be different if they really mattered competitively.
It's in the competitive movepool guide that the movepool is not influenced by art in any way. It only matters if the move can be competitively used with the Base Stats / Type, etc. So this isn't really a valid reason not to vote for it.

It's in the competitive movepool guide that the movepool is not influenced by art in any way. It only matters if the move can be competitively used with the Base Stats / Type, etc. So this isn't really a valid reason not to vote for it.
But as DK's calcs show, the Punches cannot be used competetivly by this pokemon. The only things they would be used against are 3HKOs at best. Therefore, they are flavour moves that someone might use as a filler.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
They can be used competitively. You switch in on CB Outrage and kill Salamence with Ice Punch. There are various uses and "competitive"-ness is rather subjective anyway.

I was more referring to the fact that "I don't like punches on a quadruped" is not really a valid argument.

i was halfway through making a moveset when i realized that i wasn't intelligent enough to make a good one -_-"
i like darkie's moveset tho :)

Can you find a quote of that? I just scoured it for something to that effect and found nothing (in fact some flavour arguments are mentioned as rules you must adhere to).

They can be used competitively. You switch in on CB Outrage and kill Salamence with Ice Punch. There are various uses and "competitive"-ness is rather subjective anyway.

I was more referring to the fact that "I don't like punches on a quadruped" is not really a valid argument.
This isn't a revenge killer, its a scout, so you shouldn't be trying to kill it anyway. And Ice Fang 2HKOs it anyways, so the Ice Punch isn't needed.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wyverii came up with an amazing point on IRC:

<%Wyverii> I still don't understand why people voted for a fox with no hands to be a scout with frisk. Now that we have it though it shouldn't really affect the movepool.
The Punches are fine in order to get a quick revenge kill in on something like Flygon/Salamence locked into Outrage. And, yes, it does help it scout because you get to see what they switch into you after.

Wyverii came up with an amazing point on IRC:

<%Wyverii> I still don't understand why people voted for a fox with no hands to be a scout with frisk. Now that we have it though it shouldn't really affect the movepool.
I guess because if Frisk is such a general thing that Banette can do it, then it shouldn't be much of a stretch for something as esoteric as a ghost-fox to do it, too. And besides, and also more importantly, we already had Frisk when EoE's design won. Just because we have Frisk now is no excuse to start giving him punches now.

Doug's would have been sharper, I know that now. I look at the sprites and really wish that they were more Ghosty. But I don't regret voting for EoE's. I guess I will, though, y'know, if we start giving it punches instead of Fangs. If we do that then we're just proving that we're a fan project. I'd love to be able to see these Pokemon in the real game. Stratagem is the Pokemon I can most easily do that with now.

Punches over fangs, besides being kind of obnoxious in how we're just pretending it's a biped, would completely override any sense of realism we had. Why? Because a direct alternative was created for quadrupeds to have access to elemental attacks. Bringing up this whole Frisk thing, you're just clutching straws.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I can't believe people are actually arguing over Punches vs. Fangs. Flavor does not mix with competitive in CAP. It's not going to here. There is no reason to exclude the Punches and then tout the Fangs simply because the art does not support it. We'll give this whatever in the interest of the competitive - not the artistic. We're not going any further on this.

Stop. Now.

Deck Knight

I guess because if Frisk is such a general thing that Banette can do it, then it shouldn't be much of a stretch for something as esoteric as a ghost-fox to do it, too. And besides, and also more importantly, we already had Frisk when EoE's design won. Just because we have Frisk now is no excuse to start giving him punches now.

Doug's would have been sharper, I know that now. I look at the sprites and really wish that they were more Ghosty. But I don't regret voting for EoE's. I guess I will, though, y'know, if we start giving it punches instead of Fangs. If we do that then we're just proving that we're a fan project. I'd love to be able to see these Pokemon in the real game. Stratagem is the Pokemon I can most easily do that with now.

Punches over fangs, besides being kind of obnoxious in how we're just pretending it's a biped, would completely override any sense of realism we had. Why? Because a direct alternative was created for quadrupeds to have access to elemental attacks. Bringing up this whole Frisk thing, you're just clutching straws.
Forget Banette, Shuppet can Frisk, and so can Stantler. I'm sure no one was aware Stantler had Frisk because well, no one uses Stantler.

As for me, I'd rather lose on principle than sacrifice realism. If 10 more BP on moves basically designed to target 3 out of 46 or so OU pokemon is what people want, they are free to vote for or submit it.

I'll think about Meteor Mash, but again I stress I am trying to conform to X-Act's Guide, and I am already stretched very thin because of all the useful support moves I've given it, both level-up and Egg. Then again if we're going by X-Acts Guide, several proposed movepools are outright illegal lol. Crunch is basically a throw-away move.

Haven't seen any sets I really like so far so I've made my own. Since his attack power is too weak to sweep by himself and he lacks stat-raising moves, Kitsunoh should have a large movepool in order to be any sort of threat at all. Otherwise your opponent won't bother switching out when you send him in.

Level:

Code:
H. [B]Fake Out[/B]
 - Night Shade
 - Leer
 - Disable
 4 Astonish
 9 [B]Yawn[/B]
12 [B]Glare[/B]
16 Tickle
20 Metal Claw
23 [B]Bullet Punch[/B]
25 Confuse Ray
28 Scary Face
30 Curse
35 Me First
44 [B]Shadow Strike[/B]
52 [B]Meteor Mash[/B]
Fake Out is used to break sashes that he frisks. Yawn and Glare cause statuses which can encourage switching. Confuse Ray, Curse, and the stat-debuffs too, to a lesser extent. Bullet Punch is for a priority move so that he can at least make enemy Dugtrios hesitate before switching in for a revenge kill though most sets probably won't have room for it. Shadow Strike and Meteor Mash are for reliable STAB options.

TM/HM:

Code:
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - [B]Roar[/B]
TM06 - [B]Toxic[/B]
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - [B]Taunt[/B]
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - [B]Protect[/B]
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - [B]Earthquake[/B]
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - [B]Brick Break[/B]
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - [B]Rest[/B]
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
[B]TM61 - Will-o-wisp[/B]
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
[B]TM71 - Stone Edge[/B]
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM87 - Swagger
[B]TM89 - U-turn[/B]
[B]TM90 - Substitute[/B]
TM91 - Flash Cannon
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Most of these are fairly standard moves found on everything. Toxic and WoW for status support, Taunt to force attacks. EQ stops non-scarfed Heatrans and Magnezones while Brick Break is used only to break screens.

Egg Moves: (Indeterminate/Ground)

Code:
Astonish (Misdreavus, Duskull, Driftblim)
Fire Fang (Snubbull, Rhyhorn, Poochyena)
Ice Fang (Snubbull, Rhyhorn, Poochyena)
Thunder Fang (Snubbull, Rhyhorn, Poochyena)
[B]Body Slam[/B] (Hippopotas, Torkoal, Spheal)[B]
Cross Chop[/B] (Teddiursa, Psyduck, Mankey)
[B]Perish Song[/B] (Misdreavus, Gastly)
Fake Tears (Teddiursa, Eevee, Skitty)
Haze (Koffing, Grimer, Gastly)
[B]Memento[/B] (Grimer, Koffing, Driftloon)
[B]Baton Pass[/B] (Skitty, Eevee, Driftloon)
[B]Pain Split[/B] (Misdreavus, Duskull, Gulpin)
Fangs are here mostly for flavor. Body Slam will do little damage but can be used for chance of paralysis. Cross Chop goes well with Shadow Strike for perfect coverage. Perish Song forces switches while Pain Split provides unreliable healing. Haze is here to kill stat boosts but Roar is generally better. Finally, Memento and Baton Pass are to provide safe entrances for your own team.

Tutor Moves:

Code:
[B]Fire Punch
Ice Punch[/B]
[B]Knock Off[/B]
Ominous Wind
[B]Sucker Punch[/B]
[B]Trick[/B]
[B]ThunderPunch[/B]
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
[B]Magnet Rise[/B]
Snore
Spite
Swift
Uproar
[B]Aqua Tail[/B]
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Rollout
Signal Beam
[B]Superpower[/B]
The punches are here to threaten enemies that are 4x weak. They really aren't very useful against most water/ground/steel counters as the damage calcs show. As Mag said, we shouldn't be basing its movepool on art in any way. Knock Off and Trick are just support options while Sucker Punch can threaten faster psychics and ghosts. Magnet Rise is occasionally useful to cause EQ users to switch but I doubt it will be used much. Aqua Tail gives limited coverage but still not doing much to Hippowdon. Finally, Superpower is for a strong one-shot fighting attack though Cross Chop is probably better in most situations.

Omissions:
Shadow Sneak - Already has Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch for priority so unnecessary.
Shadow Force - Shadow Strike is the superior option.
Bonemerang - Has Earthquake already and should not be able to bypass subs.
Whirlwind - Already has Roar.
Charm/Screech - Has Tickle which is a much more interesting option in terms of lowering stats.
Hypnosis - Already has Yawn which is better at forcing switches.
Thunder Wave - Already has Glare.
Magic Coat - Not really necessary since it can sub to prevent status.
Heart Swap - Overpowered along with Baton Pass.
Moonlight - Pain Split better at forcing switches.
Psycho Shift - He can already inflict all statuses anyway.

Ok, here's my submission so far....

Level Up Moves:
Code:
H - Moonlight
H - Shadow Sneak
H - Psycho Shift
- Leer
- Astonish
06 - Disable
10 - Headbutt
16 - Screech 
22 - Metal Claw
30 - Fake Out
37 - Scary Face
[b]42 - Shadow Strike[/b] 
[b]49 - Meteor Mash[/b]
52 - Destiny Bond
56 - Memento
62 - Shadow Force
Egg Moves:
Code:
- Baton Pass
- Charm
- Fake Tears
[b]- Glare[/b] 
[b]- Yawn[/b]
- Bullet Punch
[b]- Cross Chop[/b] 
- Perish Song
- Magic Coat 
- Curse
- Haze
- Pain Split

Groups: Indeterminate/Ground
Tutor Moves:
Code:
[b]Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Iron Head
Super Power[/b]
Zen Headbutt
Sucker Punch
[b]Aqua Tail[/b]
[b]Knock Off[/b]
Magnet Rise
[b]Trick[/b]
Bounce
Ominous Wind
Swift
Spite
Mud-slap
TM Moves:
Code:
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
[b]TM12 - Taunt[/b]
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
[b]TM17 - Protect[/b]
TM18 - Rain Dance 
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
[b]TM23 - Iron Tail[/b]
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
[b]TM26 - Earthquake[/b]
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract 
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Balll
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
[b]TM61 - Will-o-wisp[/b]
TM63 - Embargo
[b]TM65 - Shadow Claw[/b]
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
[b]TM71 - Stone Edge[/b]
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate 
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
[b]TM89 - U-turn[/b]
[b]TM90 - Substitute[/b]
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
HM01 - Cut
HM05 - Defog
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Notable Inclusions:

Baton Pass, Elemental Punches, Meteor Mash, Shadow Force, Cross Chop, Super Power, Moonlight, Magnet Rise, Trick

Notable Omissions:

Hypnosis, Elemental Fangs, Stealth Rock, Bonemerang

I've listed only what seem to the the most controversial moves at the moment.

I'm on the side of 'Punches>Fangs' argument for the sake of competitiveness rather then pure flavor. Beside the 'Fangs' take up precious Level Up and Egg moves space to be included.

I've always been against Hypnosis as I feel it is a fair to direct means for 'Kitsunoh' to shut threats down. Which is note really it's job. All other Status Moves are included.

Don't feel it should be a Stealth Rock carrier when it has 5 other team mates for that purpose. Plus I see to much 'suicide leadness' occurring otherwise.

While technically more useful than Earthquake, I feel the novelty of Bonemerang died off with DougJustDoug's 'Skeleton' art design.

So there it is. Thoughts so far?

Why do so many movesets include Iron Defense when the rules explicitly say that stat increasing moves are not allowed?

Also, why are the punches more viably competitive than the fangs? With neutral nature and min attack, the fangs deal 97.58% - 114.80%, 65.56% - 77.34%, and 52.33% - 61.63% to Salamence, Gyarados and max hp Scizor respectively, more than enough damage to force a switch. What merit do the punches hold that we should sacrifice our satisfaction of having the aesthetic and competitive aspects of our CAP in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)