Votes: 82 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should AT LEAST get some of these moves:

Knock Off
Night Shade
Curse (come on, you heard of the curse of Tutankamun)
Spite
Snatch
Grudge
Trick

Those are the ghostly moves it should learn.

Then the fighting moves should be:

Bide
Mind Reader
Feint
Reversal
Focus Punch
Brick Breal

Out of those Ghost moves, I believe only Snatch and Trick weren't on my movelist. Snatch seems the opponent of a Mummy (he's always trying to prevent other's from snatching his goods), and Trick doesn't really seem to fit the flavor that well.

Of the fighting, I could see Bide, and already have Focus Punch and Brick Break on the list, but don't really see the others fitting.

I would just like to point out, AGAIN, that we don't need to be giving this every good useable move possible. Most Pokes have less then 10 egg moves, and most of them aren't useable
I had 11 total egg moves, and I admit most are usable, but generally not on the same moveset. Also, both egg groups have nice moves, and as far as I'm aware no current Pokemon is in both groups so it could only feed off of one set.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Just decided to give it a shot..

Level Up Moves:
Lvl 1 - Wrap
Lvl 1 - Ancientpower
Lvl 1 - Curse
Lvl 4 - Leech Life
Lvl 6 - Astonish
Lvl 14 - Arm Thrust
Lvl 20 - Sand Tomb
Lvl 24 - Shadow Sneak
Lvl 29 - Force Palm
Lvl 33 - Grudge
Lvl 38 - Earth Power
Lvl 42 - Shadow Punch
Lvl 42 - Brick Break
Lvl 50 - Bulk Up
Lvl 52 - Aura Sphere
Lvl 56 - Imprison
Lvl 65 - Morning Sun
Lvl 70 - Hammer Arm
Lvl 75 - Power Whip

Egg Moves:

HumanShape:
Ice Punch
ThunderPunch
Mach Punch
Revenge
Punishment
Vacuum Wave

Indeterminate:
Counter
Destiny Bond
Faint Attack
Nasty Plot
Night Shade
Pursuit
Ominous Wind

TMs:
01 - Focus Punch
06 - Toxic
08 - Bulk Up
10 - Hidden Power
12 - Taunt
15 - Hyper Beam
17 - Protect
19 - Giga Drain
20 - Safeguard
26 - Earthquake
30 - Shadow Ball
31 - Brick Break
32 - Double Team
37 - Sandstorm
39 - Rock Tomb
40 - Aerial Ace
41 - Torment
44 - Rest
45 - Attract
52 - Focus Blast
60 - Drain Punch
66 - Payback
68 - Giga Impact
76 - Stealth Rock
79 - Dark Pulse
80 - Rock Slide
82 - Sleep Talk
90 - Substitute
92 - Trick Room

HMs:
04 - Strength
06 - Rock Smash

I have no idea why you guys do not want to give this guy EQ.
Earthquake on a fighting poke is almost always redundant unless you're playing UU and EQ does fit in this thing.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
An instant recovery move is almost a requirement for competitive defensive pokemon in the D/P generation. Most defensive pokemon that have to rely on Rest for recovery have taken a serious hit this generation. Look at Suicune and Snorlax. Yes, they are solid pokemon in D/P, but nowhere near the defensive force they were in ADV. Things like Skarmory haven't missed a beat in the leap to D/P -- mainly because it got Roost. Yes, Swampert is still doing fine without instant recovery -- and I know this pokemon has been compared to Swampert a lot.

Personally, I think we should give it Recover. It's already a zombie-like pokemon. A signature of zombies (and mummies for that matter) are that they take damage, fall down for a second, and then get right back up and keep coming. That's Recover. It fits.

At the very least give it Moonlight, which the name makes sense, even if the mechanics are a little off. Why would it heal less in Sand? It's a mummy. But anyway...

Please don't count on Drain Punch for recovery -- nobody will use it, and we all know it.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why not just give it Slack Off? Look at Milotic. It has 95/79(boosted by RestTalk)/125 defenses along with recover. Cradily has 86/97/108 with Recover. Look at the damn Hippo. Its Special Defense isn't all that bad if you consider how its HP is pumped, and it is the best bulky ground of D/P. Slowbro has 95/110/85 with CM to pump the SDef. Togekiss has 85/95/115 with excellent SA to back it up. Why can't we give this thing Slack Off?

I'll tell you why I have a problem with giving it too many options. First, the typing is amazing both defensively AND offensively and second, the stat spread is awesome for a bulky pokémon.

So, if we decide to overload it with a lot of moves, we are risking making it too powerful. And you may say "hey, if it's too powerful after testing it, let's just tweak it a bit". The problem is, there will be A LOT of bitching and moaning about nerfing it, even if it is necessary. It will be easier to give it more options if it seems limited than the contrary.

Anyway, my main reason to not give it any recovery move besides Rest is to, again NOT make it outclass Dusknoir. Dusknoir is about as sturdy as the mummy, but has less offense and a bad recovery move. Plus, a worse typing. The only thing that is going to save poor old Dusknoir from sinking to that pokémon limbo known as BL (where other poor outclassed pokémon are, like Blaziken) is the access to WoW, a non-rest recovery move, and a somewhat deeper movepool. And even them, I'm sure it will fall in usage.

Stuff the mummy with STAB otions: Mach Punch, Karate Chop, Drain Punch, Brick Break, Hammer Arm, Cross Chop, Astonish, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch... Give it some decent support movepool: Rest/Talk, Trick Room, Heal Block, Taunt, Bulk Up, Substitute..., and then some other typed move, but not that many: Ice Punch, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, maybe Power Whip...

The way I devise the mummy is as a bulky attacker, Adamant nature, with 252 Evs in HP, lots of attack EVs and maybe some investment in defense, taking advantage of its good attack, sturdy defenses, and awesome typing. It doesn't need to be a wall, like Dusknoir, let's make it occupy another role, like Swampert.

First I like to say "Wasn't Dusknoir already BL when we first started this thing?"

Stuff the mummy with STAB otions: Mach Punch, Karate Chop, Drain Punch, Brick Break, Hammer Arm, Cross Chop, Astonish, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch... Give it some decent support movepool: Rest/Talk, Trick Room, Heal Block, Taunt, Bulk Up, Substitute..., and then some other typed move, but not that many: Ice Punch, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, maybe Power Whip...
Pretty much what I was thinking in terms of attack except with Morning Sun since it works theme wise.

Hey just me here not sure if anyone else said it
but
What's everyone think of Doom Desire on this thing?

I know it's Jirachi's signature move but whatever. It seems like something a mummy would use.

ice attacks on this thing aren't a good idea remember?

also, agreeing with the sentiment that for this guy less is more. let's give him a lot of the very useful support-ish moves that fit with the ghost/fighting typing (knock off, torment, taunt, bulk up, even things like punishment and payback/revenge).

the problem with a full recovery move is that it completely eliminates dusknoir and to a lesser extent weezing as a phyical tank if you do that...i don't know, my impulse is to make it harder to use, not like something like syclant which, although hard to get in, is basically stat up and sweep. tanks are always more difficult to use, requiring more knowledge of the game and possible movesets, but much more rewarding. a name that was consistently tossed around early on was swampert. think swampert. swampert does just fine as a physical tank without having instant recovery. i donno, i just don't think too many special moves makes sense...and it should only be the more gimmicky ones, the situational ones. like zap cannon on forretress.

and no elemental punches. stick to ghost/fighting/ground/rock/dark/normal typed attacks. maybe some grass for giga drain. and steel. ie, all of the formerly physical types except flying.

rant.

c'mon this thing just SHOUTS for aura sphere i mean look at it, its like hes getting ready for some kame-hame-hah-move

i'm not saying no special attacks. i am saying stick to the types that were once physical. it just makes more sense. this thing cannot produce water/fire/electricity/ice...look at it!! it's a dead corpse!! it is dead precisely because of the absence of those things...

i was wrong early to include dark as a once physical type. it was special, but always should have been physical. however, dark and psychic attacks make sense on a ghost, so no objection to those.

If anyone says "It can't use fire moves!!!1!!!111" again I will kill them. DUSCLOPS IS A MUMMY TOO AND IT CAN USE FIRE PUNCH! so stfu about it getting set on fire.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't see what's wrong with giving it something like Moonlight with all the sand running around in OU. Rest would almost definatly be prefered. *Cough*Cresselia

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the "Create-A-Pokemon" project, not the "Protect-Dusknoir-From-Becoming-Irrelevant Project". It really doesn't matter if Dusknoir usage is affected by this or not. Do you think GameFreak cared that Garchomp completely and totally put Flygon out of a job? No. What about Infernape kicking Blaziken's ass to the curb? Oh well, the game moves on.

Besides, Dusky will be just fine. If this thing doesn't get WoW (which I don't think it should) that's a big differentiator right there. If this thing doesn't get Pain Split (which I don't think it should) that's another big differentiator. Not just because PS is a healing move. Because PS is a healing AND attacking move at the same time. Plus it never misses. That's a big deal in this age of SS and Sand Veil. On top of all that, this pokemon is carrying two weaknesses (Flying and Psychic) that Dusky doesn't worry about. Dusknoir has plenty going for it, outside of our mummy.

And even if it doesn't -- SO WHAT? This isn't about Dusknoir. It's about the mummy. So let's avoid all the "Save Poor Dusknoir" whining. Let's focus on the mummy and evaluate it on its own merits.

Thank you very much Doug. That was ecaxtly what needed to be said, and with that, I state again that aside from all the Ghost/Dark/Fighting things, somewhere it should get:

Slack Off/Moonlight
TPunch
Ice Punch
Power Whip
Obviously the ResTalk/Toxic/Sub that everything gets...
I don't see why not EQ...I know its everywhere, but that should have no effect on if it goes here or not. As DJD stated, this is about making a poke, not protecting other ones. Earth Power and Sand Tomb for sure...

Stone Edge??????
I think not...but i suppose its a possibility.

its too bad Explosion doesn't fit at all.....

Icy Wind makes really cool thematic sense and is not overpowering at all. It is a 55 BP, 95% accuracy move that is almost never seen in competitive play. If this guy can actually make use of it in standard play that would be awesome. But most likely it will never be the best choice for a move set. Don't just ban a move because it might actually be useful.

I agree that Rest should be it's only recovery move, besides Drain Punch of course. I'm actually fine with it getting all 3 Elemental Punches; they make great sense on a Ghost/Fighting Pokemon, more so than Dusknoir even. Seeing as this is a mummy, and mummies hang around in tombs/desert, I see Earthquake as a very logical option, especially considering his Fighting type. I say yes to Rock Slide and Rock Tomb but no to most other rock moves including Stone Edge.

I agree it should not get Will-o-Whisp, but as a Ghost and a mummy Pokemon it should get some interesting status effect options. Confuse Ray is likely. Curse is what mummies are all about. Glare is a very cool, thematic option as well. Poison moves like Poison Jab makes some thematic sense as well.

That's my thoughts for now. :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Level 1: Wrap
Level 1: Leer
Level 4: Sand Attack
Level 7: Astonish
Level 10: Karate Chop
Level 14: Low Kick
Level 19: Mean Look
Level 24: Shadow Punch
Level 29: Arm Thrust
Level 35: Confuse Ray
Level 41: Glare
Level 48: Power Whip
Level 53: Cross Chop
Level 59: Heal Block
Level 66: Aura Sphere
Level 73: Slack Off
Level 81: Hammer Arm

Egg Moves:
Grudge
Shadow Sneak
Mach Punch
Destiny Bond
Pursuit
Knock Off
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

TMs:
01 Focus Punch
03 Calm Mind
06 Toxic
08 Bulk Up
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
12 Taunt
15 Hyper Beam
17 Protect
21 Frustration
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
31 Brick Break
32 Double Team
39 Rock Tomb
41 Torment
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
45 Attract
46 Thief
52 Focus Blast
54 False Swipe
56 Fling
58 Endure
60 Drain Punch
61 Will-O-Wisp
63 Embargo
66 Payback
68 Giga Impact
70 Flash
77 Psyche Up
78 Captivate
79 Dark Pulse
80 Rock Slide
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
87 Swagger
90 Substitute
H4 Strength
H6 Rock Smash
H8 Rock Climb

Ok. Im posting my list here again. You have Fire Punch and Ice Punch, although fire punch can go. You also have both priorety moves. The main thing is that you cant get them both at the same time. You can get the Punches and Shadow Sneak from Dusknoir, but thats it. Power Whip is there because this thing should have a good non STAB attack for a choice set and the lower accuracy balances it out. Low Kick works exactly like Grass Knot and is an option over Cross Chop. No EQ, SE or CC because they would be overpowered. I also thought a recovery move was overpowered, but in reality, it's not. CM> NP because we dont need another "wall buster". Thats all i can think of right now.

A word of caution.People pay attention to what you doing right now.I don't want hear complaints of uber ,when you are the ones voting for it in that direction.Just look at it for a second

1.High base stats

2.Favorable type combination with no 4x weakness and few weakness

3.Favorable trait,Shed skin will be plus on a defense based poke

4.Finally you guys are giving it a huge movepool with recovery

What does that looks like? It looks many of you guys definition of an uber poke.Shed skin+Recover+Bulk Up+Ice punch+Brick Break is scary.Me personally i am very liberal in what i call uber or broken so how the poke is being create currently really does not bother me but want people to get prospective of what they are doing.

I strongly suggest not giving it recover or slack off(moon light with its 8 pp is borderline).Also strongly suggest not giving it an ice move,it will get rock moves to deal with flyers.Ice moves provides way to deal flyers,grass types,dragons,and ground types to much coverage.

Move lists presently constituted it does not bother me( but then i don't deoxy LG or l@tios should be banned so that so should say something).What i don't see people whining about intent of the pokemon when it is voted to be that way or whining after the fact without raising their voice in create poke thread.

Just in case people missed what i was trying to say Ghost/Fighting is one the more solid defensive typing created,also the poke was given pretty good defensive stats.Its primary trait Shed Skin gives extra chance of surviving.So what you have is very sturdy poke which is going to get bulk up in moveset and fair decent attack stat. Be Carefully in give it ice move,recovery move or a very strong fighting move.Just a warning

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
People are overrating its defense. Stuff like Metagross can mash this thing to hell all day. Stuff like Staraptor can fuck it up, cutting its attack as it comes in and getting ready to smash it. Its just 90/90, not 90/100. And 105 attack is just not enough to sweep well when you're giving it 90/90. I don't want it to be uncounterable, I just want it to be decent.

I prefer for it to have a recovery move, but not to be able to stall well, so I favor moonlight/morning sun over recover. This also forces it to rely on air lock to use its instant recovery move, preventing it from also being a status wall.

I also think that it should not get all the absolute best in attacks. Close Combat just seems far too powerful to give this guy, considering he'll likely still soak hits well even after the stat penalty. I agree that his move typepool should be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)